Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Disappearing objects in the house

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    Agate

Agate

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone experienced an object disappearing from the house? This is going to sound ridiculous but I left my slippers in the middle of my room and one hour later one had disppeared.  I have hunted high and low through the whole house and of course all but obvious places like under the bed but it just seems to have vanished into thin air.  I know there is a phenomena when objects disappear and turn up again in a completely different place but a whole week has gone by and I have not found it. Any logical explanations?

#2    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

It gets more frequent the older you get, trust me...

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Maybe you have a pack rat

#4    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 1,976 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

I always liked the notion that such disappearances were down to time-travelling antique hunters...
OK seriously, I've had apports (and what I term deports) occur regularly down the years; they are a supposed facet of the paranormal, but just like other paranormal subjects logical explanation can be very difficult to attribute.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#5    Fyfee

Fyfee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

Do you have any animals that could of eaten the slipper?

#6    Agate

Agate

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostFyfee, on 20 June 2011 - 02:09 PM, said:

Do you have any animals that could of eaten the slipper?

Cats, but I don't think they could be so clever! Looks like it's a mystery I will have to live with.  Thanks for the thought.

#7    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

OMG I know exactly what you are talking about! Seems like I lose my cell phone every 6 minutes! lol. I lose everything. I guess it's just forgetfulness. Plus I have adhd, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I'm thinkin it does. lol. It drives me nuts! I can NEVER find anything! It always takes me like 20 minutes to leave the house because I can never find my purse, shoes, wallet, ect.. :P And sometimes I SWEAR I put something right next to me then I look away for a second then look back and it's gone! GRRRR! WTF?!  <_<

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#8    dalia

dalia

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Purrrrr-fect Mystery

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

That happens at my house all the time.

I attribute it to a floating black hole in the house.     :rofl:

Purrr-fectly happy

#9    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:38 AM

Presumably it is explained by the same phenomenon that sees you end up with a draw full of odd socks.

#10    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

I have heard that spirits like to move objects around :P

#11    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,904 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 June 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

It gets more frequent the older you get, trust me...
LOL! too true

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#12    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,904 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:58 AM

View PostAgate, on 19 June 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Has anyone experienced an object disappearing from the house? This is going to sound ridiculous but I left my slippers in the middle of my room and one hour later one had disppeared.  I have hunted high and low through the whole house and of course all but obvious places like under the bed but it just seems to have vanished into thin air.  I know there is a phenomena when objects disappear and turn up again in a completely different place but a whole week has gone by and I have not found it. Any logical explanations?
i had the 'five dollar bill' episodes when i first moved to british columbia.
i could not keep a five dollar bill to save my life! no matter how many bills i had the fives would always disappear. it only ever happened when i lived at that apartment and only with five dollar bills - never a twenty or a ten etc.
when i moved out it never happened again. and no, i have no idea what the heck that was all about!

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,570 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

View PostAgate, on 19 June 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Happens to me to...... It's called ADD.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

You need to wait till you mislay something else. Then, when you go looking for it, you will find the object you lost previously, but not the current one, IMO.

#15    kelunexplained

kelunexplained

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Well one explanation could be you just accidentally kicked it somewhere else, or someone else did.

I know my neighbor had this happen to her, and she believes it's her son playing jokes on her. One time she lost her ring. She puts it in the same place, and when she looked there in the morning, it was gone. She couldn't find it for weeks, and then one day she looked there again, and it was there. This has happened to her a couple of times with things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users