Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ideals and beliefs and human experience

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• News Writer
  • 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: stockxpert</strong>
Image credit: stockxpert
Mark Dohle: I have never been able to accept a materialist account of reality.  I guess the brain weighs about 3lbs, wet meat, enclosed within the skull.  Yet what goes on in the interior of this organ is truly astounding; well if it goes on there at all, for perhaps what we call our minds, is non-local, not situated anywhere.  The human mind is truly a creative piece of work; for we humans are self aware, questioning creatures, seeking meaning in our lives.  I would suppose self consciousness is truly something astounding, and along with that the deep interior inner life, (invisible to all others) that humans live, only adds to the mystery.  It is our greatest blessing and at times it can seem to be a curse.  For because we are self-aware, and as far as we know, we are the only creatures on earth who are. we can anticipate many things, our own death being one of them and perhaps worst of all, the fear of the actual dying process.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    theQ54

theQ54

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

LOL....i know the innumerable thoughts and questions that go thru the mind....but nature has given us the answers indirectly....in my opinion this is what nature has taught me..1. there is a invisible energy besides the physical body that exists that is our thoughts..thought itself is a self-substaining energy...nothing magical or mysterious it's still part of nature and when the body part dies this energy which is your thoughts exist without a physical body in what you call another diemension or universe...this universe exists around us and can't be seen because of the physical rules that apply to a physical body even though exceptions do happen when conditions are met ...hence ghost stories. Now this other reality is a permanant state of affairs and you will exist forever in a vibrational state of energy....it's wonderfull...you will become your own judge, jury and executioner all in one...your own thoughts will determine your happiness. 2. have no illusions animals have souls...no if's and's or butts...all organic creatures have spirits even ants....believe it or not when these creatures die the energy of their thoughts goes into this realm too...same thing as humans ....your nothing special. You humans because of your inability to explain the wonderous things around you want to apply mystery and magic and religion to natural processes of the universe and then want to control and manipulate each other like you know or are something special....your not....it's part of nature.

#3    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,290 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

View PosttheQ54, on 03 July 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

LOL....i know the innumerable thoughts and questions that go thru the mind....but nature has given us the answers indirectly....in my opinion this is what nature has taught me..1. there is a invisible energy besides the physical body that exists that is our thoughts..thought itself is a self-substaining energy...nothing magical or mysterious it's still part of nature and when the body part dies this energy which is your thoughts exist without a physical body in what you call another diemension or universe...this universe exists around us and can't be seen because of the physical rules that apply to a physical body even though exceptions do happen when conditions are met ...hence ghost stories. Now this other reality is a permanant state of affairs and you will exist forever in a vibrational state of energy....it's wonderfull...you will become your own judge, jury and executioner all in one...your own thoughts will determine your happiness. 2. have no illusions animals have souls...no if's and's or butts...all organic creatures have spirits even ants....believe it or not when these creatures die the energy of their thoughts goes into this realm too...same thing as humans ....your nothing special. You humans because of your inability to explain the wonderous things around you want to apply mystery and magic and religion to natural processes of the universe and then want to control and manipulate each other like you know or are something special....your not....it's part of nature.

Well ok, thanks for sharing your insights and thoughts.

peace
mark

#4    Satan the Accuser

Satan the Accuser

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

View PosttheQ54, on 03 July 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

You are speaking too matter-of-factly and you imply that you are above humans....what makes you any better than the rest of us? I happen to have similar beliefs but in our case how anyone be wrong if that person carries their thoughts in their afterlife? If you are creating your own afterlife as you imply what makes your ideas better than others? Sure I DO NOT believe a lot of things and that's why it's called belief.

Hail Jeebus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users