Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Demons

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#16    Finguz

Finguz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostGS1981, on 29 June 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

What do demons look like?

Nobody knows because nobody has ever seen one, because they only exist in tall tales and other assorted works of fiction.

#17    GS1981

GS1981

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Hey :)

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Lol

#18    Blues Girl

Blues Girl

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

• Ribbons is a stupid name for a horse

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Demons can look like humans, or they can take on the appearance of animals, usually a big, black dog. Most of the time though, you can't really see them. They will appear as a large shadow.

I shall one day rule this world using only my wits, charm, and a bent paperclip!
A balanced life is a rat on each shoulder >'.'<

#19    GS1981

GS1981

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Hey :)

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

So why are they always red things with horns, tail and hooved feet in the movies?

#20    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostGS1981, on 29 June 2011 - 09:16 PM, said:

So why are they always red things with horns, tail and hooved feet in the movies?
Because it's in movies. Red refers to fire, in christian belief, it refers the evil. They got tail and horn because that's how it looks like by tradition. You don't just put a creature with angel wings and unicorn horn in a movie and call it demon.

From my experience, I never see one but in dreams and astral travel experience, I can "feel" them (their presence), heard their voice and feel their touches.

#21    star.seed

star.seed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• When life hands you a bowl of lemons...you go fishing.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

View PostGS1981, on 29 June 2011 - 09:16 PM, said:

I don't think demons look like anything at all. I mean, they are forces...not creatures. You feel them.

#22    Korey

Korey

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostFinguz, on 29 June 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Nobody knows because nobody has ever seen one, because they only exist in tall tales and other assorted works of fiction.

lol thank you

#23    13thDarkOne

13thDarkOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• All in one, None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Demons are Angels with way lower vibrations.

Angels are humans who died or souls that didn't went to go have the "earthly lesson experience" and increased their vibrations through the eons, by preforming true unselfishly devine work in the "here after", coming closer to God wich each increase in vibration. Even in this life this is true.

#24    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

View PostVivica, on 27 June 2011 - 09:14 AM, said:

what is there to know about demons? like what r there weaknesses? can they be trusted? who created them? just everything from the beginning to now please tell me im very curious...
everything you need to know about demons can be found in the christian religion as well as other fantasy stories.
the only weakness they have is your nonbelief in them. it makes them disappear.
they cannot be trusted because they don't really exist.
as for who created them...each and every person who entertains their existance.

#25    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

I'm unsure if anyone can rightfully describe a 'demon', simply because they are more spiritual beings rather than physical ones. Though I suppose they would take a form of their liking in a dream, or any other projected non-physical space.

But I disagree that all 'demons' are simply 'evil' and left to be labeled as such. They want something, more than likely it would be a specific emotion that which a human can experience, because they lack the ability to do so for themselves. The same could be said with 'angels', as they only wish to feel the 'positive' emotions of humanity. They're all spirits, but they behave differently. A good way to put it is they are classified as different subspecies of the same race.

I would also assume that one could 'bond' with a 'demon', or even an 'angel', and become more in tuned with the emotion desired from said spirit.
I say this because... I think I may have done something like that a long time ago, when I was little. Anyway, ever since I've had a greater understanding of the world from a young age.
It could very well just be my mind's way of rationalizing why I mentally grew up so fast, but it follows with my other spiritual beliefs, so I stick with it until proven otherwise.

"All I say is that I think it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hair-splitter to pretend that I don't regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist." ~ H.P. Lovecraft

#26    Lakota 1

Lakota 1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

They can appear in any form, or take no form at all. The gargoyle sculptures on many cathedrals resemble demons, but some are more human looking, and some are handsome/beautiful. Mostly a demon gives off an atmoisphere of intense evil.You can tell when one is around by the awful scary vibes it emits and by paranormal activity in the area. The one I saw was just a pair of red glowing eyes moving along a wall.
Reptilian aliens are often mistaken for demons, but their vibe is different. Protection from both can be obtained by prayers to the Archangel (or St) Michael. He is the dragon slayer.

Edited by Lakota 1, 07 August 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#27    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,327 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

There's plenty of paintings & art with demon iconography you can research; start with Hieronymus Bosch. Don't believe in them myself. I tend to believe that what we call demons are physical manifestations of our own fears & anxieties.

#28    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

Perhaps if the OP were to ask more detailed questions or give more detailed information about an experience then we would be able to further help them...

Edited by Dredimus, 24 August 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#29    Ruil

Ruil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

• There are Demons in all of us.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

I'm just going dump some information on you, but feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

The word demon used to simply mean a spiritual being. It had no evil connotations at first, that was later added by I believe Greek culture. Even to this day they are known as the Ancient Ones, or the Elder Ones. They were the gods of ancient time, going back even farther than the Christian god. The Babalonion god, Ishtar, is also the modern day demon Astaroth. They are beings of power and immense stores of knowledge. For centuries they were called upon to answer questions, and they still are to this day. There are tons of books on them, most false, but each has similar teachings. Be careful, be respectful. Think about it, these are timeless beings that have seen the rise and fall of civilizations, and someone comes along and tries to command them. Of course they're going to get pissed.

A lot of the time what people see that they think are demons are actually lesser beings such as imps. In every religion the gods have had servants. Why should demons be any different. More than anything demons are intelligent and cunning, and you have to be careful talking to them. As a courtesy it is appropriate to offer something in return for a demons knowledge or assistance. The sick feeling they can give people is simply from their massive auras, which are drastically more potent than ours, and we are not used to that sort of power flux. In my opinion most of the things that demons do is out of boredom. I also think that there's a very real possibility that all ghosts or spirits as we know them are just demons having their fun.

As far as appearance, they can look however they want. Some will take the form of animal hybrids, others will take on a human guise, and some will appear as a human/animal mixture. There is one that comes to mind who's name escapes me, but he appears as a human with a ravens head. (Much like the Egyptians used to draw) They have been seen as a whole figure by those who have vast amounts of experience in summoning, but normally they will be seen in a mirror (skrying) or be seen in the way the influence smoke from incense or flame from candles.

Many people have contacted demons and found them friendly, eager to share their knowledge with someone who is open minded and respectful. They can attach to a person, and act as a guardian angel of sorts. They are not like the Christian god though, and will hurt your enemies.

Overall they are cunning, vengeful, powerful, intelligent, and old. Very old.

Something I can not stress enough when dealing with demons is RESPECT. For your own safety, do not disrespect them.

Edited by Ruil, 25 August 2011 - 04:09 AM.

#30    Ruil

Ruil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

• There are Demons in all of us.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

View PostRuil, on 25 August 2011 - 04:06 AM, said:

I'm just going dump some information on you, but feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

The word demon used to simply mean a spiritual being. It had no evil connotations at first, that was later added by I believe Greek culture. Even to this day they are known as the Ancient Ones, or the Elder Ones. They were the gods of ancient time, going back even farther than the Christian god. The Babalonion god, Ishtar, is also the modern day demon Astaroth. They are beings of power and immense stores of knowledge. For centuries they were called upon to answer questions, and they still are to this day. There are tons of books on them, most false, but each has similar teachings. Be careful, be respectful. Think about it, these are timeless beings that have seen the rise and fall of civilizations, and someone comes along and tries to command them. Of course they're going to get pissed.

A lot of the time what people see that they think are demons are actually lesser beings such as imps. In every religion the gods have had servants. Why should demons be any different. More than anything demons are intelligent and cunning, and you have to be careful talking to them. As a courtesy it is appropriate to offer something in return for a demons knowledge or assistance. The sick feeling they can give people is simply from their massive auras, which are drastically more potent than ours, and we are not used to that sort of power flux. In my opinion most of the things that demons do is out of boredom. I also think that there's a very real possibility that all ghosts or spirits as we know them are just demons having their fun.

As far as appearance, they can look however they want. Some will take the form of animal hybrids, others will take on a human guise, and some will appear as a human/animal mixture. There is one that comes to mind who's name escapes me, but he appears as a human with a ravens head. (Much like the Egyptians used to draw) They have been seen as a whole figure by those who have vast amounts of experience in summoning, but normally they will be seen in a mirror (skrying) or be seen in the way the influence smoke from incense or flame from candles.

Many people have contacted demons and found them friendly, eager to share their knowledge with someone who is open minded and respectful. They can attach to a person, and act as a guardian angel of sorts. They are not like the Christian god though, and will hurt your enemies.

Overall they are cunning, vengeful, powerful, intelligent, and old. Very old.

Something I can not stress enough when dealing with demons is RESPECT. For your own safety, do not disrespect them.

I need to correct myself in saying, it was the ROMAN CATHOLICS that gave the word demon it's "evil" connotations. The Greeks used to consider them protectors of their household.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users