Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Echo Flight

• Please log in to reply
755 replies to this topic

#751    Tim Hebert

Tim Hebert

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

As far as the launcher closure doors on top of the LF, I believe they weigh in at approximately 80 tons and heavily re-enforced with steel.  If memory serves me correct, the doors had thick naval strength steel plating sandwich in between the re-enforced concrete, so someone could jack hammer away only to come into contact with the heavy steel plate.  Thickness of the plate eludes me at this time.

For further thoughts on HICS system, Malmstrom's 564th SMS and the 321st SMW located at Grand Forks, ND, had the Sylvania LCCs (much roomier, than mine)and a slight different command and control system.  Sylvania implemented a redundant capability to send out radio commands as well as cable commands.  I always felt that this was why Ray Fowler, a Sylvania project manager, was interested in the Echo engineering analysis efforts due to any possible effect on the radio command component of the Sylvania system in the 564th which was not quite operational in March 1967...honestly a guess on my part.

Tim

ETA: I noticed that today is lost_shaman's birthday, happy birthday and best wishes!

Edited by Tim Hebert, 18 August 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#752    Tim Hebert

Tim Hebert

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

James Carlson posted earlier this morning that Col. Fred Meiwald passed away earlier August 2012.  Col. Meiwald was the crew commander on duty with Robert Salas at Oscar Flight on 24 March 1967.

Setting aside the UFO allegations,  it's my hope that Col. Meiwald will be remembered for his service to his country, first and foremost.  My prayers go out to his family, especially to his wife of 48 years.

All of the individuals affected by these series of UFO events, whether real or not, served in a difficult era that taxed ones morality and ethical view points as the geo-political landscape was totally different as compared today.  I only know this all too well as I also served under the same environment back in the 1980s.

RIP, Fred Meiwald.

#753    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,645 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Thank you Tim.

I am sorry to hear the sad news. My deepest sympathies and respect.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#754    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,245 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

very sad indeed.

#755    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,632 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Sad to hear that... My sympathies to the Meiwald Family.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#756    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Thank you for letting us know Tim, it is indeed sad news and I likewise extend my sympathies to his friends and family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users