Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Discovered - Mysterious Disc on Baltic Seabed

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#256    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

I suspect that when they get close to an answer of what it is, the news about it will just disappear. There was a story in the Bellingham Herald, Bellingham Washington, the summer of 1982, (or maybe 1983) Something had crashed or landed in Bellingham Bay. They sent divers from a salvage company down to see what it was. The story was in the paper about two days. One of the days the paper said a diver was standing on it and he said, "My God, it's a UFO". I kept watching the paper for more of the story, but there was nothing. Then after a few days, the paper said the salvage company was having internal problems and discontinued The salvage operation. (Yeah, Right) I would suspect the govt. stopped the operation and listed it as top secret.

Odie    :alien:

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#257    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,596 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostRender, on 04 July 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hmmmm, I just read an article that diminishes this whole disc thing it's credibility.
Apparantly the company that's doing the "exploration" wants to make it some form of an expensive attraction to dive to where the disc is.

So.........this is probably just a big hype to make money, too bad.

I'm starting to think the same.   Dammit.

#258    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

As it turns out, the new study of the object was partly financed by Dennis Aasberg and Peter Lindberg, who went substantially into debt to do so. These are commercial salvage divers, not scientists with full funding. I see nothing wrong in their hoping to profit enough from this venture pay back their loans, and enough besides to compensate them for the time taken away from their usual business of reclaiming valuables from sunken sea wrecks.
*****The Swedish newspaper  Expressen reports  that the Ocean Explorer team will begin a new survey of the object on Monday, July 9th. The expedition is expected to last 10 to 12 days. They hope to break off a sample of the material of the object, which was impossible before, because of its hardness. They also intend to probe the interior of the odd rounded hole that appears to extend into  the object. They will attempt to use the 'Blue View' three dimensional sonar equipment to secure clearer images of the entire object.

Edited by bison, 06 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#259    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

They should start selling these pictures:

As new details of the structure emerge German artist Hauke Vagt has been continually refining his depictions of the anomaly - here is the latest one complete with the steps or "staircase".   http://truthfall.com/
(btw: I did some color corrections for the photo as seen on the website)

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 11 July 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#260    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

If that thing really looks like that artist depicted it, then the navy, the military and god knows who will be all over it.

Btw, this is the artist's website:

http://vaghauk.deviantart.com/gallery/

#261    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Makes me think of that alien mothership that was hanging above the Devil's Tower in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Maybe also not a coincidence, lol.

http://thezebu.files...mn__wyoming.jpg

#262    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

To get an idea of the dimensions, I enlarged the part with the divers:

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 11 July 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#263    trigger1

trigger1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 July 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

To get an idea of the dimensions, I enlarged the part with the divers:

Posted Image

great piece of art,and i think they are selling copy's, the problem is that the artist has too keep addapting and changing as more information is released, who knows what the final version will be.

this graphic shows the scale of the thing though, what is for certain is that the 8 steps where not steps as they each have a drop of a metre each, unless giants really did live amongst us :unsure2:

As they are back at the site now lets hope we get some definitive answers this time and not this drip drip effect, although lindburgh says they already know more but can't reveal all because of the contract with the swedish tv company.

very informative artical at http://truthfall.com/ it clears up some of the misinformation surrounding this subject

#264    trigger1

trigger1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 July 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

If that thing really looks like that artist depicted it, then the navy, the military and god knows who will be all over it.

Btw, this is the artist's website:

http://vaghauk.deviantart.com/gallery/

Lindburgh said that although no military or gov agency's have contacted them that at last dive the swedish navy turned and observed them even though they was miles away from swedish water's, maybe they where getting a fix on the objects location to go back after the team left.

#265    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,596 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

I've never liked an artists interpretation of something he hasn't seen.    It puts the wrong idea in peoples heads.

#266    trigger1

trigger1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostMyles, on 11 July 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I've never liked an artists interpretation of something he hasn't seen. It puts the wrong idea in peoples heads.

as i said above the artist is working on what he knows at the time and maybe a bit of artistic licence i dont know, doesn't stop us all wondering.

Then again we all know what jesus looked like hey?

#267    Lightingbird

Lightingbird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• Step Aside or Die

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Posttrigger1, on 11 July 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Lindburgh said that although no military or gov agency's have contacted them that at last dive the swedish navy turned and observed them even though they was miles away from swedish water's, maybe they where getting a fix on the objects location to go back after the team left.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, it would fuel imagination like crazy if this is actually something.  Although, I am completely expecting it to be nothing but a rock or something natural.

#268    trigger1

trigger1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostLightingbird, on 11 July 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, it would fuel imagination like crazy if this is actually something.  Although, I am completely expecting it to be nothing but a rock or something natural.

i keep an open mind, its not often we can comment on an actual ongoing discovery like this, of course we have the pyramids and the likes of gobekle tepi, but taking aside the ufo stuff that i believe it is not, if it is a man made structure,when would it of been above water? they are there as we type and even for the most sceptical it must be more interesting than say someone filming a light in the sky, this thing is not going anywhere ......

#269    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostMyles, on 11 July 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I've never liked an artists interpretation of something he hasn't seen. It puts the wrong idea in peoples heads.

It's based on photos and on the descriptions given by the divers: http://truthfall.com/  and they gave many detailed dimensions.

If you or anyone else is able to come up with another drawing or painting, I'd like to see it.

And if this is not some elaborate hoax (I still have serious doubts), and if it is indeed a manmade structure, it may be one of the greatests archeological discoveries in many decades.

Edited by Abramelin, 12 July 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#270    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

The problem with this thing is of course the timeline.

If it is indeed manmade, than that part of he Baltic must have been dry land.

When did that happen? Must have been long before 14,000 BP, as you can see on these maps:

http://en.wikipedia....danos_(geology)

This is the map with the location of the anomaly:

Posted Image

That means that even as far back as 14,000 BP it would have been near the edge of the ice sheet. Not a very likely place to build something; the location was either covered in ice, or under the sea.

So when was that branch of the Baltic really above sea level?

Then we must go back a lot further in time.

According to geologists there was originally a huge river flowing through what was later to become the Baltic, but that was millions of years ago.

If you read this Wiki, the geological river called Eridanos was at its largest around 1 million years ago:

http://en.wikipedia....idanos_(geology)

That would pose some serious problems for it being manmade, I'd say.

This is the map of that river:

Posted Image

As you can see, the anomaly is located near that river, to the west of it, and close to those islands (Åland)  which must have been hills or mountains during Eridanos' time.

Edited by Abramelin, 12 July 2012 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users