Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Urthecast - The Earth Video Camera

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Chelle66

Chelle66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• To Err is Human, to Arr is Pirate

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

I just found this yesterday, sounds fascinating!  I really hope it happens.

http://urthecast.com/

Posted Image

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,924 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

Update:

Russian cosmonauts embark on seven-hour spacewalk outside International Space Station to fit cameras that will watch Earth from orbit

It is set to become the most spectacular webcam in existence, beaming back breath-taking live pictures of Earth from the International Space Station, if only they can get it to work.

A pair of Russian cosmonauts had to abandon attempts to the install two UrtheCast cameras on the the outside of the ISS today after running into a series of problems.

Station commander Oleg Kotov and flight engineer Sergey Ryazanskiy hooked up the cameras, which are part of a Canadian commercial project to stream high-definition video from space to subscribers over the Internet.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2ol3PKwS0

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,084 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postseeder, on 28 December 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Update:

Russian cosmonauts embark on seven-hour spacewalk outside International Space Station to fit cameras that will watch Earth from orbit
There is already an existing thread on this spacewalk HERE.

More information on the Urthcast project can be found in THIS THREAD.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users