Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is a Sheep Squatch?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,238 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Here is an illustration, but it's not anything official:

Posted Image

Personally, I think this is about as logical as the Goatman urban legend or the Leeds' Devil story. It's folklore.

#17    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostSoul Kitchen, on 10 July 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

:huh:
I never bring my cell phone into the wilderness, or any picture-taking electronics for that matter. Most people don't.

And you know most people don't take cameras into wilderness areas is a fact? Can you provide a reference for this statistic?

Thank you.

#18    Rosenrot

Rosenrot

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostSoul Kitchen, on 10 July 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

I never bring my cell phone into the wilderness, or any picture-taking electronics for that matter. Most people don't.
I usually have my camera with me when hiking because I'm a photography buff. I love photographing scenery and the little things in life. Granted it's also a shock-resistant, waterproof camera, but that's beside the point. I took my other camera with me before I got that one. You can bet that if I saw one of these things I'd try my damnedest to get a picture. Even if it was the last picture I took.  :lol:

View Postevancj, on 11 July 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

And you know most people don't take cameras into wilderness areas is a fact? Can you provide a reference for this statistic?
He's probably speaking from personal experience. I also know a lot of people who don't take any electronics into the woods. They don't want to lose them or risk dropping/falling on them. I usually have my cell phone just because it's the only cell phone of my friends that's water resistant and gets signal in the woods.

If we really want to find out something, put up a poll here. Granted, the results might be a little skewed because most of us are the kind of people who would carry something to photograph unusual things with. Regardless it would be a statistic on the question.

Posted Image

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." --Oscar Wilde

And because I can't help but still have a fanciful side, my dragons

#19    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• 1,990 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

View Postevancj, on 11 July 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

Thank you.
Plenty of people do, but it's not something to count on.
Most don't bring their cell phones and similar devices into the wilderness because you can't charge them, and it's pointless unless you are counting on taking a picture of a sheepsquatch on the first day while the battery lasts.
A camera isn't as easy to stick in your pocket as a cell phone. Many do carry cameras on longer excursions, but it's not on them at all times. For example, you won't bring a camera with you when you go to take a **** in the bushes. What if that's when you encounter a sheepsquatch?

And if you have but a fleeting glimpse of something like a sheepsquatch, you may not get the camera out in time. There's the initial shock you have to get over, and some may remember their camera and think of taking a picture, at which point they need to take the camera out of wherever it is, turn it on, and snap a picture and wait another second for the exposure time.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#20    Blues Girl

Blues Girl

Psychic Spy

• 1,218 posts

• Ribbons is a stupid name for a horse

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Is it just me, or does the picture of the Sheep Squatch look like that flying bison thing on the animated show Avatar?

I shall one day rule this world using only my wits, charm, and a bent paperclip!
A balanced life is a rat on each shoulder >'.'<

#21    Vance665

Vance665

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

I spend alot of time in the woods and I always have my cell phone. But most of the time I don't get service so I turn it off to save my battery. I don't think a creature would stay around long enough for me to my to turn on my phone and take a picture. I also carry a .357 revolver, I think a body would be better evidence than a picture anyway.

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostBlues Girl, on 11 July 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

Is it just me, or does the picture of the Sheep Squatch look like that flying bison thing on the animated show Avatar?
It does look a little like a Sky Bison.
Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users