Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Roswell incident debris footage

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,485 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

Roswell incident debris footage
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 03:32s

This video of alien debris is claimed to be from the now infamous Roswell, New Mexico crash in 1947.

#2    Classified Document

Classified Document

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

It's hard to say really....

#3    chainsawcam

chainsawcam

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

just what kind of "weather balloons" were around in the 40s then?

#4    The Metal

The Metal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

• In the absence of critical thought, Faith will fill the void

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

anyone could've made all of that stuff, what exactly ties this with Roswell other than the title of the video?

#5    Skeptic7

Skeptic7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Has anyone noticed that there are spaces on the panels for five (5) fingers and a thumb.  Interesting!

#6    philbo

philbo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

Absolutely horrendous...apart from the OP..nobody on planet earth apart from a few nutters...is even slightly convinced of this crappy video.It would even be too naff for 'B' movies.

Sombody very silly has made this video with very little expenditure and the props are a joke.Very unimaginative and dare I say it, remedial!

To think ..they actually believe they were clever enough to have us think..that these pieces of debris were steel like metal.Yet the reality is we can plainly tell the handprinted peices are made fro styrofoam and spray painted gold/silver.

Jesus, we all know it was made by some donk from a slightly more country folk orientated American ..lets say.
Someone that may drink beer, perhaps ... drive a pick-up truck and shoot some pool,maybe.

Edited by philbo, 14 July 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#7    KALASH69

KALASH69

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• Practice what you preach.

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

I was far more interested in the voice over then the video.

#8    Space Traveler 3000

Space Traveler 3000

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Always Look To The Sky ^I^

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Fake!

Edited by Space Traveler 3000, 14 July 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#9    Axlaiden

Axlaiden

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

I wouldn't be too quick to disclose this as a fake just yet. The video images and audio are obviously two separate entities that were edited together, the audio being from radio announcements spliced together for the entertainment effect (which is likely genuine), but the images from the camera are most likely from a camera that does not have a film stock that anyone can get their hands on...and if they did, it would be worth so much that they wouldn't attempt tomfoolery such as faking a couple of I-beams and handprints (which would be very expensive also). Especially if the film-stock was from the mid-to-late 40's. Since I have never seen computer generated black and white simulate film-grain this good, my only logical guess would be that it was actually taken from about the timeframe of at the mid-to-late 1950's or earlier.

And as a side note about weather balloons during the 40's for anyone who is interested. Just as the ocean has isothermal layers, in which many types of sea-life propagate sound at great distances, so too did the experiments begin by sending balloons up to test for the same types of propagation. Two balloons would be sent up at a defined distances and heights, and one would generate sound and the other would listen. By this, they could come up with an equation to solve for the speed of sound in air and determine how long it takes for sound to get from point A to point B. An equation similar to the Sonar Equation without reflection. The ultimate goal of the experiments was to determine if the Soviets had atomic capabilities, and if they could be heard from US soil. At the time, atomic testing in the US was in full swing under the Manhatten Project; however, extremely top secret.

Edited by Axlaiden, 14 July 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#10    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

Some people have way to much spare time on their hands.  The only thing cool about the video is the old radio news broadcast.  I think that is genuine.  If not, super props to this hoaxster.  They video on the other hand...  I was born at night but not last night.

I did kinda get a kick out of how the "debris" looks like something out of a low budget sci-fi movie from the 50s though.

#11    Anotheryahoo

Anotheryahoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Fake, I dont think greys( aliens) are five fingered like us. Someone show me im wrong.

#12    xXHellkittiesXx

xXHellkittiesXx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• >^.^<

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

Did anybody watch the History channel this afternoon? Lots of shows about USOs & Roswell, etc. Good stuff ^^

#13    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

It was faked in 1947? I dont think so at some early point the US military did say they found something, but later they begun to deny everything... It would be far easier if US would release some info about this event...after 60 years lol! If they didnt find a mothership im not even interested anymore :D

#14    KVM10

KVM10

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

We can all say it was a home made fake, however its stange on how there's a depth of field in the quality of the film. I mean, I don't think this was recorded using a home video camera but more an actual film camera and lens attachment.

#15    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,421 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

View PostSkeptic7, on 14 July 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

Has anyone noticed that there are spaces on the panels for five (5) fingers and a thumb.  Interesting!

thats what I thought at first, however at closer inspection it is four fingers plus a thumb.

welcome to UM by the way  :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users