Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dropa Stones

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,825 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

I was just reading a little bit about the Dropa Stones that were found in the caves in the 1930's.. It is said that a professor day after day decoded the messages eventually but everyone ridiculed him... This is a interesting read..

http://www.metal-det...opa-stones.html

Edited by Still Waters, 24 August 2014 - 08:02 PM.
Trimmed for length and added source link

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,825 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

Below is a detailed rebuttal of most sensationalistic Extraterrestrial/Dropa claims:

1. The discovery. There are no mentions of 'Tsum Um Nui' anywhere; as he  is supposed to have fled China and died in Japan in the 1960s this  cannot be negated by Cultural Revolution, Communist coverup theory.  Also, there is no mention of the 1938 archaeological expedition to the  Banyan Kara Ulla range. No "Peking Academy of Pre-History" ever existed.  

2. Early Sources. The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von  Damien¹s infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods. The book has been  widely criticized as unreliable; in fact, the vast majority of names and  sources appearing in the book cannot be corroborated, and no existence  of the following Soviet or Chinese scholars can be found anywhere outside this story.
      Dropa Stone Discs  Wikipedia

Edited by Still Waters, 24 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.
    Trimmed for length

#3    johnny blue eyes

johnny blue eyes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
    • 85 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

sorry lucid, without evidence this ones just a story, a good one though. :rolleyes:

#4    Stonecoldvampzy

Stonecoldvampzy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
    • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

Are these stones still present in a museum or something in the likes? It would be a good idea to investigate them under the eyes of the world, not just come up with a story years later.

#5    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
    • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

View Postjohnny blue eyes, on 16 July 2011 - 09:14 AM, said:

sorry lucid, without evidence this ones just a story, a good one though. :rolleyes:

Well, read Lucid's second post...

Anyway, how would one go about translating an 'alien' language?

There was not some 'Rosetta Stone' that could have been of help.

It's fake; the next should be enough: "The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von Däniken's infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods", and this: "Alexander Kazantsev; however Kazantsev himself disagrees with Däniken's account and says that it was Däniken who told him the story, not the other way around"

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 16 July 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

Below is a detailed rebuttal of most sensationalistic Extraterrestrial/Dropa claims:

[list] 1. The discovery. There are no mentions of 'Tsum Um Nui' anywhere; as he  is supposed to have fled China and died in Japan in the 1960s this  cannot be negated by Cultural Revolution, Communist coverup theory.  Also, there is no mention of the 1938 archaeological expedition to the  Banyan Kara Ulla range. No "Peking Academy of Pre-History" ever existed.

2. Early Sources. The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von  Damien¹s infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods. The book has been  widely criticized as unreliable; in fact, the vast majority of names and  sources appearing in the book cannot be corroborated, and no existence  of the following Soviet or Chinese scholars can be found anywhere  outside this story: Cho Pu Tei, Tsum Um Nui, Ernst Wagener, Vyatcheslav  Saizev, and Sergei Lolladoff. Most tellingly, Däniken gives his main  source for the story as a Soviet science fiction writer Alexander  Kazantsev; however Kazantsev himself disagrees with Däniken's account  and says that it was Däniken who told him the story, not the other way  around.
    This is what I had always believed. To say that the discs are real is like saying the cyclopian citys at the south pole are real, because they were written about in Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness".

5. The Disks. All that exists of the supposed alien disks are several  wide-angle photographs. The disks photographed, firstly, do not match  the described "12-inch disks"; the disks photographed are very large.  Secondly, the photos show none of the supposed deep grooves. Finally,  absolutely no photos, descriptions, analyses or any other evidence of  the actual 'alien script' appear anywhere at all.
    It's hard to proove anything when there is no evidence remaining. The photos are really not proof of anything, just ask anyone who has taken a picure of Bigfoot.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,825 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

So basically, there are no Dropa Stones in any museum? is that what it comes down too??

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 18 July 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

So basically, there are no Dropa Stones in any museum? is that what it comes down too??
    Nope. No actual stone discs. There is a photo, but it is impossible to see the fine lines and thus worthless as physical evidence.

Posted Image

Edited by DieChecker, 19 July 2011 - 12:54 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,113 posts

• Oops.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

Nah, they're real. they are called Jade Bi discs.
    The entire story's made up.

The Dropa people are just normal Chinese, not at all as they are described in the story.

Lucid, don't take thisthe wrong way but you've been here longer than I have, did you try searching for the Dropa on here? I know numerous threads have been done on the topic.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
    -Terry Pratchett

#10    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
    • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostLucidElement, on 18 July 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

You know, it's Von Däniken who started all this crappola about those Dropa Stones.

Send him an email, and ask him about it.

But I guess he is too occupied (= picking up soap can be a dangerous thing when you are locked up behind bars).

Maybe those aliens silenced him.

God (= Annunaki, the Watchers, Nephilim, Reptiliods) knows...

#11    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,825 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

i didnt even know he was locked up??? and ya shadowsot, i always forget about the search thing. But, sometimes, i like to bring stories that have been covered longg time ago, to light but in a different manner.

#12    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
    • 573 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

What I don't get is the story you told, Lucid, followed by a  very well thought out rebuttle.  Do you often argue with yourself?  Just ask'n...  :blink:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
    My Background / Credentials

#13    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 4,271 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

OK, I am gonna try to resurrect this discussion for one reason, I love this *mystery*.

I know it is an elaborate hoax started by one group of Germans and then furthered by a I believe Englishman...will have to further research that one.

But, as far as hoaxes go this is the king of cool. Anyone else feel the same?

Her singing always cheered him up. Life seemed so much brighter when she stopped.

T. Pratchett.

#14    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,825 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Why does it have to be a "hoax" though? Regardless of my second post, (i had to go back and re-read it.. was like 2 years ago lol).. But I seemed to have posted both sides of the coin... Is it possible these stones could have been lost in time. According to my second posts, it was angled in favor of the skeptical vision... but the first was from a beliver.. seems like a cool mystery. thanks bubbly.

#15    Gingitsune

Gingitsune

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
    • 471 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

Dr. Tsum Um Nui a Chinese professor began studying the strange discs in the mid 60’s. Hour after hour he transcribed the small, strange, codes onto paper and then tried to decipher them. The characters were so small that the professor could not understand how  anyone could have carved them with such detail.  

Hour after hour, day after day, and then into months, professor Nui  worked on decoding the symbols. At first his efforts were slow and tedious. Then as a word emerged then came a sentence. After a while the professor became more proficient in decoding the strange language.  

And then finally, professor Tsum Um Nui had cracked the strange code. He now realized that the information he was about to publish could rewrite history and/or cause an uproar.  

That part simply can't be true. Unless the alien language was really Chinese using another set of ideogram. And even if, with no context or no hint to some conversion rules, the decoding is just impossible. Either the "translator" is self deluded or con artist, or the whole thing is a haox. If he at least had the help from these dropa to understand their legend and language, it would already be more realistic (but still very farfetched).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users