Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Moon Structures? As seen from Earth.

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#151    Gridkeeper

Gridkeeper

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/gridkeeper

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

View PostHybrid89, on 12 August 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

Do you have any more evidence bar a video to back up your statement? :D

Of course not. Here's another video of the moon arch and tower shadow which is much better resolution. Please feel free to mute the audio if you don't like it.

Nick Carter - I'm Taking Off (Gridkeeper remix)

#152    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

View PostGridkeeper, on 12 August 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Of course not. Here's another video of the moon arch and tower shadow which is much better resolution. Please feel free to mute the audio if you don't like it.

I have seldom seen a more self-damning acknowledgement on these forums.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#153    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

If I were you I would focus a lot more on video content and a lot on less on crappy remixes of crappy songs. Better yet, ditch the soundtrack entirely. It serves no purpose and only detracts.

Anyway, what happened with the whole "helicopters follow me everywhere" thing? I was waiting to hear an explanation on that - did I miss it?

Edited by Moonie2012, 12 August 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#154    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hmm, my advice try googling 'moon structures and see what else you can find out. Without sounding like a big mr. Downer Id prefer more information from a more clear and reliable source other then videos with terrible music ;P

Posted Image

#155    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Start with George Leonard's classic book Someone Else is on the Moon.  I have reason to suspect that this guy was not just a sci fi writer but some kind of spy or spook, like many people affiliated with that Esalen Institute were.  He was the head of it.

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/0679506063

"George Leonard

Esalen CTR Conference Affiliation(s): founder
George Leonard (1923-2010), was a pioneer in the field of human potential and the author of twelve books, including The Transformation, Education and Ecstasy, The Ultimate Athlete, and Mastery. During his seventeen years as senior editor for Look magzine, he won an unprecedented number of national awards for education writing, and during the 1980s produced annual Ultimate Fitness sections for Esquire as well as numerous articles on a wide variety of subjects in such magazines as Esquire, Harper's, Atlantic, New York, Saturday Review, and The Nation.

Leonard held a fifth-degree black belt in aikido, and was co-owner of a martial arts school in Mill Valley, California. He founded Leonard Energy Training (LET), a transformative practice inspired by aikido, which he introduced to some 50,000 people in the U.S. and abroad. He was President of the Association of Humanistic Psychology and the President of Esalen Institute from 1988 to 2003.

A native of Georgia, Leonard received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina and Doctor of Humanities degrees from Lewis and Clark College and John F. Kennedy University. He served with the U.S. Air Force as a combat pilot in the South Pacific during World War II and as an intelligence officer and magazine editor during the Korean war. His adventures along the human frontiers of the 1960s are described in his 1988 memoir, Walking on the Edge of the World. He also authored, The Way of Aikido: Life Lessons from an American Sensei."

Once an intelligence officer always an intelligence officer?  Do you think that's true?

http://www.esalenctr...ay/bio.cfm?ID=6

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#156    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Skeptics panned Leonard's book, calling him a crackpot, a spiritualist, a religious believer and peddler of mumbo-jumbo, which only makes me want to find out more about him!

"Someone Else Is on the Moon does not deserve the title of “borderland science” or “New Age research” or any of the other such terms that have lately become fash­ionable.  It is the work of a grade-A crack­pot.  There have always been crackpots around, but the mass marketing of Leonard’s book is one small symptom of an enormous shift that has taken place in American popular thought.  Never before would a reputable publishing house like Simon and Schuster have had the chutzpah to print Somebody Else Is on the Moon, place is in the Science and Nature section of bookstores everywhere, and put this sell line on the opening page: “What NASA knows but won’t divulge! With careful logic and reason, George Leonard has studied all the data to prove his theory of a highly advanced underground civilization that is working the face of the moon.”  Not until the Seventies, that is.  In times past, purveyors of paranormal ideas used to charge bitterly that they were being cen­sored out of print by conspiracies of pub­lishers and orthodox scientists.  No more; all holds are off. Sunken continents, an­cient astronauts, colliding planets, pyramid power, astrology, scores of holistic health beliefs, undersea UFO bases, and a thousand similar ideas are getting a hearing in America like never before."

"All of Leonard’s moon constructions are at the very limit of resolution of the photos.  When he had a chance to get better photos and see the terrain more clearly, he didn’t.  One of his pictures is supposed to show miles-long bridges. The photo is a very distant shot, hardly better than the view in a telescope from earth, and the bridges are the vaguest smudges. Most of Leonard’s other photos are close-ups of just a few miles of lunar terrain.  Equally good close-ups have been taken of she bridge areas, and if the bridges were there, they would reach from one side of the frame to the other like a wall poster of the Golden Gate. For some reason Leonard did not get those particular close-ups, readily avail­able from NASA.  He was unwilling so look carefully."

http://www.skeptical...igion/id19.html

#157    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Our earth’s satellite, which once every moon turns around our Earth, has driven Mankind for centuries to lunacy. Seeing “the man in the moon” is but one in a long series of stories that echoes our fascination with the white disc that lights up our nightly skies.

The introduction of modern equipment that allowed Mankind to look towards the Moon with telescopes, meant that one Englishmen, Sir John Herschel, directed his scope to the moon at the start of the 19th century. Through his lens, he claimed to see strange objects on the surface of the moon. During an eclipse, he stated that he had observed lights, lights that seemed to move. As early as 1788, the astronomer Schroeter had observed small “swollen parts” on the Moon. He argued that these were the result of industrial activity of the “Selenites”, the inhabitants of the moon. Other astronomers from the era reported light structures, which looked remarkable similar to those observed on cities on Earth. In 1869, the Royal Astronomical Society of Great Britain started a three year long investigation, after numerous sightings of anomalous lights in the Mare Crisium part of the Moon.

Though one century before Apollo 11’s mission to the Moon, it was nevertheless not the first time that Mare Crisium had been the focus of attention. It would not be the last time either. On July 29, 1953, John J. O’Neill, editor in chief of the scientific columns of the New York Herald Tribune, dedicated his free time by observing our satellite through his telescope. He observed what he felt was a bridge that spanned the crater in the Mare Crisium. He estimated that the bridge measured approx. 15 miles long. O’Neill spoke about his discovery in a rather careful tone, suggesting that this was a “natural bridge” which “somehow” had formed itself, this in the course of just one night. He reported his find to the Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers, but his report was mocked and attacked. One month later, the legendary British astronomer Dr. H.P.Wilkins confirmed the findings of O’Neill. Patrick Moore, another of the leading figures of English astronomy, confirmed the observation.

In the 1970s, NASA wanted to investigate what they had labelled “Lunar Transient Phenomena” (LTP): suddenly visible objects on the surface of the moon. The project was not a success as the project members did not adhere to the project scope. Nevertheless, NASA offered an explanation to these phenomena; it involved gases that escaped from lava, which occurred at sunrise, resulting in ultraviolet light, as well as other particles that create the luminous effect. And if this was not the correct or only explanation, then it could also be due to volcanic activity.

LTP or ULOs, Unidentified Light Objects, were nevertheless not a new phenomenon – astronomers knew about it. But what was it? Was NASA correct in its explanations that it involved purely natural phenomena? Or was it indeed evidence of the presence of an intelligence?
The British UFO researcher Timothy Good reports the story of “a certain professor”, whose name is not given, working for the British military intelligence agency, speaking to Neil Armstrong. The conversation occurred during a NASA conference, when the professor prodded Armstrong for details as to what exactly happened during the Apollo 11 mission. “It was incredible”, reported Armstrong. “Naturally, we always knew that the possibility existed… but it is so; we were warned. Ever since, the possibility of a space station or building a city on the Moon, has disappeared.”

The professor asked what Armstrong meant when he stated they had been “warned”. “I cannot give details, except to say that their ships are superior to ours, both in science and technology… boy, they were big… and menacing… no, there is just no way we can build a space station.” The professor prodded that NASA had nevertheless sent further missions to the Moon, following Armstrong’s visit. “Of course, NASA could not do otherwise, they could not risk that a panic would break out on Earth.” Later, Armstrong would deny that this conversation ever occurred."

http://www.philipcoppens.com/moon.html

#158    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

I mean, skeptics attacking UFO and alien books like George Leonard's Someone Else is on the Moon is manna from heaven for authors and publishers. In the old days when we had censorship in the US--open censorship--the Boston Puritans were notorious for banning books of all kinds. Publishers used to pay the city council of Boston to ban their more titillating books, so they could put "Banned in Boston!!!!!!" on the front cover in big red letters.

#159    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 August 2011 - 03:48 AM, said:

Hi MID

Thank you very much! He certainly was a king of astronaut photography, the images are nothing short of breathtaking.

I am going to punch that name into Google images and set the pictures to large. I feel I am in for a treat.  That detail can only be described as stunning.

Thank you kindly once again MID, you are a champ.

Cheers.

:nw:

many thanks for the kind words psyche!

#160    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 12 August 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

Well, I have no idea who MID is in real life--or you for that matter.

Does it matter?

Regarding that idea;
What Lilly said applies.

I would add the following.

We are on an anonymous board, using pseudonyms.
You can claim you're a PhD in Astrophysics, are an engineer, a project manager,  you're John Glenn, or Jack Schmitt, or Gene Cernan, an Apollo FIDO, or all sorts of keen stuff...

Doesn't make any difference...

So what?  How do you susbstantiate such things here?

Who you are, what your background was like, and what you know is shown strictly in what you say here.  The content of one's character, their knowledge base, and who they are, is on this board, entirely in the words they write, what they say, and how they say it.

People come up with all sorts of things to say about all sorts of folks here, but it's all derived from the content the people place on the board.

#161    Enigma0

Enigma0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

What am i suppose to be seeing here all I see are craters with something in the middle of them
then some blue lines(spacecraft)

-To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short-

#162    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

And I've heard that Rick Perry has plans for another moon landing if he ever becomes president:

Posted Image

#163    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 12 August 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

The British UFO researcher Timothy Good reports the story of “a certain professor”, whose name is not given, working for the British military intelligence agency, speaking to Neil Armstrong. The conversation occurred during a NASA conference, when the professor prodded Armstrong for details as to what exactly happened during the Apollo 11 mission. “It was incredible”, reported Armstrong. “Naturally, we always knew that the possibility existed… but it is so; we were warned. Ever since, the possibility of a space station or building a city on the Moon, has disappeared.”

What conference?  When?  Who?  
I have little doubt that Neil may have, at one point, said that Apollo 11 was incredible. But the nonsense that followed that abocve is just that.

The professor asked what Armstrong meant when he stated they had been “warned”. “I cannot give details, except to say that their ships are superior to ours, both in science and technology… boy, they were big… and menacing… no, there is just no way we can build a space station.” The professor prodded that NASA had nevertheless sent further missions to the Moon, following Armstrong’s visit. “Of course, NASA could not do otherwise, they could not risk that a panic would break out on Earth.” Later, Armstrong would deny that this conversation ever occurred."

I think Neil would deny it...because it never happened.

#164    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

View PostMID, on 12 August 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

Does it matter?

No, it doesn't matter.  None of it does.

#165    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

View PostMID, on 14 August 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

What conference?  When?  Who?  

I think Neil would deny it...because it never happened.

You're probably right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users