Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

questions regarding past-life or ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    katze

katze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

Hello all!
I'm new here, and am not sure if in the correct venue. However, I have a few questions, maybe someone can help with. I will try to make this brief and to the point.

Since I was 6 years old, I've known I was adopted - that is all I was told. However, since I was a youngster, I've had a strange-overwhelming feeling of not belonging in the USA,and for unknown reasons, have always felt a 'bond' with the cultures, peoples, customs, etc, of Germany. At the time, and up until 1 year ago, I've figured it was because my adoptive dad's family were from Germany. However, when charting our family tree, I asked him when his family emigrated to the USA from Germany. At this point he told me, his family is not from Germany, mine is. And with further research, it has been discovered that I was adopted from Germany to the USA, possibly illegally - a whole different topic :)
Although this explains why I had/have felt this connection and fascination. Yet, how did I know this at such a young age? My adoptive parents never shared anything to me about my adoption - nothing, heck, my adoptive mom does not even know what hospital I was born, or even if my birth date is correct.
Besides this, I had, at a young age, knowledge of things - things I feel no child nor adult should ever know of or experience. This coupled with the constant dreams, dreams that seem so real, that have occured for as long as I can remember. Mainly of me married to an ss officer, and when he is killed in the war, I commit suicide with his gun. This dream and variances thereof. Any suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,494 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

Well...I cannot be certain that past lives are real but I have read of another possible explanation for such memories.
It is claimed that memory is stored in every cell of our bodies and not just the brain, it has been postulated that memories can be passed on at a cellular level just as genetic traits can.

Perhaps someone in your family line had some sort of traumatic episode and the memory was basically imprinted and passed on though it is also possible that if this happened that the memories themselves may have deteriorated to some degree.

Just a thought really.

#3    katze

katze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

View PostRyu, on 23 July 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well....:)
Thank you for your reply- I have heard of the possibilities of a 'memory' being passed in dna, however, I had initially thought this pertained to our instincts mainly, and not a physical memory. Interesting, and is something that needs a second look. Thanks again!

#4    Flashbelieve

Flashbelieve

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

I have had similar dreams,in my younger years, dont remember my ages of the dreams but its been on my mind all my life. I can see my self as a ghost flying just above two people walking man and woman. I thought it was funny because no.one could see me. There was green grass, slightly rolling hills, trees full leaves looked like sycamore. It seem like it was in the south.  I also have a nephew 46 ys. old who has also had reocurring dreams allhis life. He said he would be standing on a street corner in New Orleans, watching people ride past in buggys and surrys. He was in a confederate uniform.

#5    katze

katze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

View PostFlashbelieve, on 25 July 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

I have had similar dreams,in my younger years, dont remember my ages of the dreams but its been on my mind all my life.

Hi Flashbelieve!
Thanks for the response! Some of the smallest details, I can recall - not just because it is recurring, but due to the almost realistic qualities; i.e eye color, scents, etc. Yet, I do not remember any identifiable detailing, name, etc.

#6    tinkerbellekisses

tinkerbellekisses

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Check out my fan page and receive free tarot readings at http://www.facebook.com/TinkerbellesTarot
    Love and light
    Tinkerbelle
    Xx

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

maybe if you start practicing lucid dreaming you can look further into things next time you have the dream.

Check out my page and have chances at receiving free readings
http://www.facebook....nkerbellesTarot
Love and light
Tinkerbelle
Xx

#7    johnny5alive

johnny5alive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:07 AM

I believe that reincarnation is real. Your story inadvertantly asks the question that bugs me; do we stay within a certain gene pool, i.e. family? It would make sense to me. It would seem necessary for our souls to make that connection again, on a dna level. If I were you, I would research ss officers and their wives, see what you get.

Man who fly upside-down see world right-side up

#8    Drake Leyvin

Drake Leyvin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

View Postjohnny5alive, on 02 August 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

I believe that reincarnation is real. Your story inadvertantly asks the question that bugs me; do we stay within a certain gene pool, i.e. family? It would make sense to me. It would seem necessary for our souls to make that connection again, on a dna level. If I were you, I would research ss officers and their wives, see what you get.

I'm not trying to come off as aggressive about this but I can say with about 85% certainty that we do not stay in the same family or even in the same species. I have been "reincarnated" more times than i wish to explain but from the lives that I can remember and connect with my soul is somewhere in the ball park of 10,000 to 30,000 years old. From what I can remember I wasn't even on this planet for a majority of my soulís existence.

#9    home_at_last

home_at_last

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

View Postkatze, on 23 July 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

Hello all!
I'm new here, and am not sure if in the correct venue. However, I have a few questions, maybe someone can help with. I will try to make this brief and to the point.

Since I was 6 years old, I've known I was adopted - that is all I was told. However, since I was a youngster, I've had a strange-overwhelming feeling of not belonging in the USA,and for unknown reasons, have always felt a 'bond' with the cultures, peoples, customs, etc, of Germany. At the time, and up until 1 year ago, I've figured it was because my adoptive dad's family were from Germany. However, when charting our family tree, I asked him when his family emigrated to the USA from Germany. At this point he told me, his family is not from Germany, mine is. And with further research, it has been discovered that I was adopted from Germany to the USA, possibly illegally - a whole different topic :)
Although this explains why I had/have felt this connection and fascination. Yet, how did I know this at such a young age? My adoptive parents never shared anything to me about my adoption - nothing, heck, my adoptive mom does not even know what hospital I was born, or even if my birth date is correct.
Besides this, I had, at a young age, knowledge of things - things I feel no child nor adult should ever know of or experience. This coupled with the constant dreams, dreams that seem so real, that have occured for as long as I can remember. Mainly of me married to an ss officer, and when he is killed in the war, I commit suicide with his gun. This dream and variances thereof. Any suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.

It sounds like a real past life to me. Here's a forum for reincarnated Nazis and Holocaust victims (and others from the WWII era) that you may find helpful: Soul Reconciliations

#10    Trakyan

Trakyan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• My mind I cannot control,
    I can not think straight or concentrate,
    Oddly I see this as a good thing,
    As it taught me what I know.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

soo all you dream about is beign maried to an oficer then comiting suacide? well i can relate to that because the 5 or so dreams i have remembered after they happened all involve me dying...nice eigh :hmm:

Edited by Darvoinic, 05 August 2011 - 06:14 AM.

When life strikes you down, get up and strike back.

#11    johnny5alive

johnny5alive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

View PostDrake Leyvin, on 03 August 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

I'm not trying to come off as aggressive about this but I can say with about 85% certainty that we do not stay in the same family or even in the same species. I have been "reincarnated" more times than i wish to explain but from the lives that I can remember and connect with my soul is somewhere in the ball park of 10,000 to 30,000 years old. From what I can remember I wasn't even on this planet for a majority of my soulís existence.

Nope, not taken aggressively. Actually I've wondered about this myself, and here's why. This assumes that reincarnation is functionally part of the cycle of life. With the population growth this planet has seen in the recent couple of hundred years, where did all of these new souls suddenly come from? Surely it would take a loooooong time for a soul to evolve from a lesser animal to a human, longer than two hundred years.

#12    home_at_last

home_at_last

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

View Postjohnny5alive, on 06 August 2011 - 03:40 AM, said:

Nope, not taken aggressively. Actually I've wondered about this myself, and here's why. This assumes that reincarnation is functionally part of the cycle of life. With the population growth this planet has seen in the recent couple of hundred years, where did all of these new souls suddenly come from? Surely it would take a loooooong time for a soul to evolve from a lesser animal to a human, longer than two hundred years.

One theory goes that lives used to be much further apart, and people reincarnate much more quickly now because there's more bodies that need to be "filled." Another is that new souls are being created all the time (according to Michael Newton, new souls generally are more concerned with how beautiful they're going to look in their next life and tend to be playboys or playgirls. I think everyone knows certain people like that. Generally the opposite we'd think of when we hear "oh, he's an old soul." If you read Newton, you'll find he was a former atheist and tries to find out things with scientific rigor.) Another theory is that some souls originated on other planets.

#13    johnny5alive

johnny5alive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

View Posthome_at_last, on 06 August 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

One theory goes that lives used to be much further apart, and people reincarnate much more quickly now because there's more bodies that need to be "filled." Another is that new souls are being created all the time (according to Michael Newton, new souls generally are more concerned with how beautiful they're going to look in their next life and tend to be playboys or playgirls. I think everyone knows certain people like that. Generally the opposite we'd think of when we hear "oh, he's an old soul." If you read Newton, you'll find he was a former atheist and tries to find out things with scientific rigor.) Another theory is that some souls originated on other planets.
Wow!  I just read half of the first page about Michael Newton, and all I can say is I have goose bumps right now! In other words, I think I'll read more about him!

#14    johnny5alive

johnny5alive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

View Postjohnny5alive, on 07 August 2011 - 03:55 AM, said:

Wow!  I just read half of the first page about Michael Newton, and all I can say is I have goose bumps right now! In other words, I think I'll read more about him!
What gave me the goose bumps is when Newton talks about clusters of souls that sort of stay together and help eachother out between lives. I had a string of vivid dreams years back, which I keep to myself generally because I feel as though they were very important, but in them, I met with someone who told me he and I were friends of exactly this nature.

#15    home_at_last

home_at_last

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

View Postjohnny5alive, on 07 August 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

What gave me the goose bumps is when Newton talks about clusters of souls that sort of stay together and help eachother out between lives. I had a string of vivid dreams years back, which I keep to myself generally because I feel as though they were very important, but in them, I met with someone who told me he and I were friends of exactly this nature.

Yeah, I know the "goosebumps" feeling when I first read about this sort of thing (it was on an entirely different board). Something akin to, "Oh my God, this is actually what happens..." Secrets-of-the-universe-n-all-that.  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users