Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Amy Winehouse found dead

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:33 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 24 July 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

I'm not saying that we're being forced to do anything.
I'm saying that people seem to be more interested in a singer that was on a crash course than a terrorist attack on another country.
Yeah, that's all I was saying as well. Plus, this is a forum for discussion and debate.

Posted Image

#62    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 24 July 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

To give you an example, on my facebook profile I got nothing from anyone of the events going on in Norway. Even from the priest I follow.

Ms. Winehouse dies, I get several alerts from various people, including the priest.

View PostShadowSot, on 24 July 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

I'm saying that people seem to be more interested in a singer that was on a crash course than a terrorist attack on another country.
Not true for me, I don't have the feeling people are more interested in Winehouse than in what happened in Norway, maybe it depends of the channels you are watching or the website you choose to read. Since yesterday I have seen a lot more coverage about what happened in Norway, a lot of details about the suspect ( including what's on his facebook page ) etc.

Maybe you need new Facebook friends.  :P

#63    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,283 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 24 July 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

You need to get out more. :P

6 Grammy Award nominations and five wins, tying the then record for the most wins by a female artist in a single night, and made Winehouse the first British female to win five Grammys including three of the "Big Four": Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. On 14 February 2007

I was aware of all of the Grammy awards at the time. Mostly I listen to rock radio, sometimes the top 40, if I listen to the radio at all.  

I think she's along the lines of Robbie Williams - stars that are big in the UK but barely known over here, for whatever reason.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#64    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:35 AM

She was once/still is awesome. Her music was intertwined with her addictions. Having had an addiction myself I can understand this song. Please have the respect to listen to this song before posting anything:-

~Quote ".. I don't ever wanna drink again, I just, oooo, just need a friend..." (2min30sec through the song)

Edited by bulveye, 25 July 2011 - 03:40 AM.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#65    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

View Postbulveye, on 25 July 2011 - 03:35 AM, said:

She was once/still is awesome. Her music was intertwined with her addictions. Having had an addiction myself I can understand this song. Please have the respect to listen to this song before posting anything:-

~Quote ".. I don't ever wanna drink again, I just, oooo, just need a friend..." (2min30sec through the song)

I have to admit I'd never really listened to her music before. I kind of like her videos. Don't know if I would buy the music but.....

#66    Persia

Persia

A Persian Monarchist

• 8,769 posts

• ♥ FREE PERSIA♥

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

Amy Winehouse Died in Bed with No Sign of Drugs Nearby

http://www.people.co...0512640,00.html

Posted Image

#67    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,942 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 23 July 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

So true.  Poor girl, let'd hope she can rest in peace.

Hope so too. She was troubled, but always seemed a sweet girl. At least she never lived off anyone else. Wrote her own songs. Tried to get some peace to sort herself out, getting divorced from a bad influence (many of us will associate with that) and taking time to sort yourself out.

But when she had this terrible concert at Belgrade she was obviously not fit to be on stage. She couldn't sing, couldn't function.   :no:

Belgrade

SHAME ON HER MANAGEMENT!!

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#68    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

View Postsarah snow, on 27 July 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

Hope so too. She was troubled, but always seemed a sweet girl. At least she never lived off anyone else. Wrote her own songs. Tried to get some peace to sort herself out, getting divorced from a bad influence (many of us will associate with that) and taking time to sort yourself out.

But when she had this terrible concert at Belgrade she was obviously not fit to be on stage. She couldn't sing, couldn't function.   :no:

Belgrade

Too right. Shame on her management. Flogging a dead horse. Literally. I saw the coverage of her in Belgrade and just rolled my eyes. But she was obviously in a very bad way and she died alone. That gets me. All that money - and Kelly Osborne as a friend - what's up with that? Osborne tweets that's she's too upset to talk because Amy has died.  :geek:  H'm. All that money and security people around her and she dies alone.

#69    coolgirl111

coolgirl111

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Oh,no...:(

#70    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postcoolgirl111, on 26 April 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Oh,no...:(

Sorry, did we wake you up?

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#71    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

To give you an example, on my facebook profile I got nothing from anyone of the events going on in Norway. Even from the priest I follow.

Ms. Winehouse dies, I get several alerts from various people, including the priest.

..this seems to be what it's all about (managing reality) ShadowSot's info there about even the priest picking up this trash seems to indicate the 'sensational' nature of showbusiness overshadowing normality and common sense (which the priest was supposed to have, right?)

there is an interesting interview with Ms Winehouse where she makes a comment; "they tried to make me into the shape of a little pyramid, but i said NO!"

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#72    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,104 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

People throw around the word 'genius' so easily these days. Basically she was a junky who could sing a bit.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#73    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,573 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Amy who?

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users