Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scientists think they have found Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#106    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,389 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 26 July 2011 - 10:19 PM, said:

People read Plato's story about Atlantis.

Many of them love to twist what's known and accepted about ancient history because they are bored with this accepted view.

They need tension, stress, a high blood pressure, something to worry about (aside from what the next episode of their favorite sitcom will bring).

They love to read about truelly amazing ancient civilizations because they once watched a SciFi/fantasy movie about it.

And when they watch that movie, they think, "Hmmm, there must be some truth in it, it can't be all a lie?".......

NO, there isn't anything 'in it', it was just created for your ENTERTAINMENT, you morons.

Same with the books written by Sitchin and Von Däniken, and by rectum talkers like a Jane Roberts, Edgar Cayce, Helena Blavatsky, Churchward....

+++++

People nowadays are afraid we will be killed by some rogue asteroid or some rogue planet ("Nibiru", heh).

Don't you worry about all that, we are perfectly able to kill ourselves, believing in this crap. We do not need help from 'outside'.

Religious institutions were capable of killing, wars were capable, politics were capable of it, virusses were....

A very late reply but anyways. I completely agree, people will read anything and start professing it as something "cool", I have many of these ludicrous people as my friends (unfortunate, sigh!) who think of Daniken as God and his Chariot of the Gods as the Bible.

Posted Image

#107    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,287 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostWordless Wanderer, on 28 September 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

A very late reply but anyways. I completely agree, people will read anything and start professing it as something "cool", I have many of these ludicrous people as my friends (unfortunate, sigh!) who think of Daniken as God and his Chariot of the Gods as the Bible.

Oh, your poor friends, worshiping a false prophet. Not just a false profit but a particularly dishonest and dim-witted false prophet. :devil:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#108    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,629 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 28 September 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

Oh, your poor friends, worshiping a false prophet. Not just a false profit but a particularly dishonest and dim-witted false prophet. :devil:
The prophet is false, alright, but the profit is real.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#109    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,389 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 28 September 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more :D

Posted Image

#110    agent_dibMothman

agent_dibMothman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

why didnt I find this site sooner..So many things to learn about. Brain overloading with curiousness!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users