Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

‘Ningen’ humanoid sea creatures of the

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,798 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

pinktentacle.com said:

Over the past few years, rumors have circulated in Japan about the existence of gigantic humanoid life-forms inhabiting the icy waters of the Antarctic.

Reportedly observed on multiple occasions by crew members of government-operated "whale research" ships, these so-called "Ningen" (lit. "humans") are said to be completely white in color with an estimated length of 20 to 30 meters.Eyewitnesses describe them as having a human-like shape, often with legs, arms, and even five-fingered hands. Sometimes they are described as having fins or a large mermaid-like tail instead of legs. The only visible facial features are the eyes and mouth.

According to one account, crew members on deck observed what they initially thought was a foreign submarine in the distance. When they approached, however, it became clear from the irregular shape of the thing that it was not man-made -- it was alive. The creature quickly disappeared under water.

Posted Image Read more...
I found this when I was looking for something else, so thought I'd post it. Don't shoot the messenger  :D

Posted Image

#2    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Eyewitnesses describe them as having a human-like shape, often with legs, arms, and even five-fingered hands. Sometimes they are described as having fins or a large mermaid-like tail instead of legs. The only visible facial features are the eyes and mouth.

According to one account, crew members on deck observed what they initially thought was a foreign submarine in the distance. When they approached, however, it became clear from the irregular shape of the thing that it was not man-made -- it was alive. The creature quickly disappeared under water.

Behold, a 'Ningen':
Posted Image

:rofl:

Edited by Verneph, 29 July 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#3    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 29 July 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

I found this when I was looking for something else, so thought I'd post it. Don't shoot the messenger  :D

Good find. I have not heard of this one. Yet another batch of fun for all of us, LOL. Hmmm, the" pics" make me think it could be a type of whale but with Whaling history being so long and large I would find it hard to believe that one was not killed. Again, hmmmm. Thanks Still.

Robbie James

#4    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Too much Saki being consumed by the crew could account for these misidentifications.

The King of the Beasts

#5    Ozner

Ozner

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Giant underwater whale people... sounds like a good story, but not much more.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,435 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

Steller's Sea Ape?
http://en.wikipedia....r's_sea_ape

A variant on the Sea Cow?
http://en.wikipedia....eller's_sea_cow

A new species of Elephant Seals?
http://en.wikipedia....i/Elephant_seal

Frost Giants that have fallen in the ocean??

Edited by DieChecker, 30 July 2011 - 02:55 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

very interesting and kinda creepy. maybe they're aliens that hide in antarctica because nobody lives there

SRS

#8    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 29 July 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

The creature in the first image is quite convincing. I hate it when "artist impressions" are included. These are less than worthless and detract from the true facts of evidence. They're aren't humanoid at all and wouldn't walk upright on land by the look of them. Interesting topic though

Attached Files

Edited by Le Lapedalleur, 30 July 2011 - 09:52 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#9    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostLe Lapedalleur, on 30 July 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

The creature in the first image is quite convincing. I hate it when "artist impressions" are included. These are less than worthless and detract from the true facts of evidence. They're aren't humanoid at all and wouldn't walk upright on land by the look of them. Interesting topic though
Ive seen posts of yours where you specify the mythic creature and its behavior with nothing more then a blurry video or photo to go by, sometimes no photo at all, just an ambiguous description.  How exactly is that following the "true facts"?

#10    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,068 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

That 2nd picture kinda looks like those "walkers" out there in California that someone caught on their home surveillance camera.

#11    Emin

Emin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

They're Antarctican spirits of the deep cold worldz beyond human dimensions!  :o

Edited by Emin, 30 July 2011 - 08:05 PM.

I am an Emin of truth!

#12    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 10,032 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

So THAT'S what they're going to be "researching" now that they seem to finally be bowing to international pressure to stop whaling scientific research of whales.

#13    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

They are obviously whales with mange.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,853 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

I think Diechecker is on the right path.

What would be the point of fingers underwater? Would not at least webbing be appropriate?

Interesting tale, it sure would be neat if something like this was to show up.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#15    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,957 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

If its a sea creature why would it need legs, what would it accomplish on land ?

That second artist's impression is quite bizarre - imagine seeing that come out of the water and waddle towards you..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users