Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

‘Ningen’ humanoid sea creatures of the

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,218 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

The description kind of sounds a bit like Beluga whales?...except for the getting out of the water and walking around part...whales obviously don't do that.

I dunno...maybe over consumption of saki could be a contributing factor. :unsure2:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#17    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

A couple of those look like melting ice bergs, the ones that aren't artist impressions.

I checked WIki, which does have a mention but only links back to the same page from the OP.

Also says this under the discussion part of the page:

No evidence that anyone has ever seen one

So far, all that has been provided as references are a link to the same blog, and a forum post by someone named "Ningen" on a topic that dosen't relate to these so called cryptids. There isn't a single piece of evidence beyond one obviously CGI video, and a few faked photographs on some blogs and forums. If an actual Reference beyond internet rumor is not found, this page will be deleted.

I wonder if it's something like Slenderman.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#18    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostSaru, on 04 August 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

If its a sea creature why would it need legs, what would it accomplish on land ?

That second artist's impression is quite bizarre - imagine seeing that come out of the water and waddle towards you..

I wouldnt worry....it looks  'armless ' enough...:)

#19    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Never heard of a Ninigen lol there a bit funny looking

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#20    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

View PostLilly, on 04 August 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

The description kind of sounds a bit like Beluga whales?...except for the getting out of the water and walking around part...whales obviously don't do that.

I was thinking that at first too, but the Ningen accounts come from the Antarctic, the far south.  Belugas only live in the far north, so that can't be it.  Unless someone wants to suggest some Belugas managed to swim to the other side of the planet assuredly passing through warm waters far exceeding their normal temperature tolerance.   :wacko:

#21    Rory

Rory

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

• Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Ro-ry!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostSaru, on 04 August 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

If its a sea creature why would it need legs, what would it accomplish on land ?

That second artist's impression is quite bizarre - imagine seeing that come out of the water and waddle towards you..

That picture looks like a depressed tooth. What happens to teeth when they decay away.

#22    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Very interesting read, but I do believe that entire thing was proven to be a hoax or viral marketing. I very much like the concept, and the artist's renderings are really neat, though. And as for the Google Maps image, while that anomaly is there in the 2002 image, looking at it from a broader perspective and comparing it to the 2011 image, it becomes clear that the anomaly is nothing more than waves breaking on a reef.

#23    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

I saw the title,and I said...Japanese sea people in the Antarctic ?
ohhh,come now,Japanese fishermen don't drink a lot . Impossible ...

Miss me?

#24    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

It Does Look Rather Scary Tho :unsure2:

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#25    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

TBH, I think these Nignen are a more likely-to-exist-form of Mermaids.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#26    Apopo

Apopo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

• "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence."

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Probably a hoax... or perhaps drunk frost giants swimming around in the sea. Just my two cents.

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"

#27    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 30 July 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

So THAT'S what they're going to be "researching" now that they seem to finally be bowing to international pressure to stop whaling scientific research of whales.

I thought they never stopped whaling the season just ended.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#28    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

Well that was certainly......interesting :huh:   My favorite part was where it said ".....while no solid evidence of Ningens' existence has been found...blah blah blah"

More unconfirmed eyewitness accounts of creatures that seem pretty unlikely to me, that there is no biological reason for.   Look at the shape of most swimming creatures.  Torpedo like...lacking floppy humanoid appendages. Now I'm not an evolutionary biologist and I honestly hate invoking the "E" word anywhere around here - lest Harsh_Patel come by and jack the thread.  At any rate....there is just no reason for creatures living in the ocean open, looking like those.  They'd die out because of their inefficient design.

And hell, I'll go out on a limb on the other side of the tree and say why would God - in his/her almighty wisdom create wierd people-looking creatures and stick them out in the ocean where nobody but drunk Japanese fishermen would ever see them?  I just don't buy it.  The website can say that the Japanese government is covering the whole thing up - because hey, when governments cover things up, the whole point is that there isn't any evidence.  You can claim any ridonkulous thing you want and claim the government is covering it up and then pat yourself on the back because you don't have to prove it.  Fringies will flock to your door and Buy your book!

Anyway..my vote - highly unlikely.....almost as much as Hellboy.

#29    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Whatever the heck it is, it does look kinda creepy :unsure2:

#30    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

There's been an albino sperm whale seen recently. The footage of the front fins looked a good fit imo.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users