Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Are The Black-Eyed Children Entities Real?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,162 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 26 January 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Seeing how there are and have been contacts that make it possible for even the most mundane of people to transform into a Black-Eyed person.... or better yet pull a prank using their kids... how would it be possible to tell the differnence between a genuine Black-Eyed kid/person and a prankster? One might argue that it is the sense of uneasiness that is felt upon an encounter with one... though i would counter that you are already predisposed to fear/be leary of anything with all black eyes due to that fact that 1. they look far different or 2. you have heard of the urban legend of BEK's.. ... and if you do not have a way to distinguish the differnce... you can not just pick and choose which you want them to be..... encounters are either all real or all fake....... and seeing how all we have is anectdoatal evidence (and we know how reliable that is) for the existance of BEK/BE people... i am going to wadger that encounters are from individuals that have decided to give a good scare by wearing contact lenses (someting concrete that we do know exists).... just my opinong though.. take it for what it is worth

I wrote my post before I read your post. We must have been on the same wavelength. BTW, you made great points about the impact of expectations and preconceptions. They create the prisms through which we see these phenomena.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#47    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I saw a show on tv and a guy was siting in his car and these two kids came up and asked give us a ride.
And they turned out to be back eyed kids and  it happened to a women also.
They could be real , but we may never know till me see it our selfs

#48    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 28 May 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

I saw a show on tv and a guy was siting in his car and these two kids came up and asked give us a ride.
And they turned out to be back eyed kids and  it happened to a women also.
They could be real , but we may never know till me see it our selfs
Were you watching the scifi channel? Just because it was on TV and there was a show, doesn't mean it was real.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#49    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 28 May 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Were you watching the scifi channel? Just because it was on TV and there was a show, doesn't mean it was real.

And if it was on the Scifi channel, it was probably horrible.

#50    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,162 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 28 May 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

That's true, but I think that he's referring to an episode based on a real(?) incident involving a journalist who might have been the first known individual to encounter BEKs. He's like the father of the modern phenomena.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#51    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

No it was not Scifi it was destination America channel.the show is called American mystries

#52    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,440 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#53    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I read about this some time ago and my conclusion was, Nope, just a hoax started by some journalist, Maybe for publicity? which quickly spread like wildfire, As these things tend to . My guess is people have heard these stories then encountered some unpleasant teenagers some time later (lets face it, who hasn't) and the mind makes the rest up. Groups of kids can be intimidating especially late at night when out alone, As for them knocking on people's doors asking to use the toilet etc, The  "witness" usually was on their own at the time,  Its probably normal kids having seen the witness go into the house alone, Trying to gain entry so they can rob the poor bugger. The black eyes thing? Pure imagination, black contact lenses or, As they usually seem to appear at night, Too dark to tell , Or drugs . The feeling of dread experienced by witnesses? As I said, kids can be intimidating, I think i'd cack myself if some teenagers turned up at my door late at night (Not that I'd answer the door anyway), And now of course with it becoming an urban legend maybe some kids have tried to deliberately frighten people for a laugh.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing, 12 September 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#54    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

Brian Bethel is the name of the journalist, and as far as I know, he still maintains the original incident really happened, and it scared the crap out of him.

#55    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostAvallaine, on 13 September 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

Brian Bethel is the name of the journalist, and as far as I know, he still maintains the original incident really happened, and it scared the crap out of him.
Well, yes, He would.

#56    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

I feel that it's probably just an Urban Legend.  It would be interesting to see where it started though.

As well as contact lenses and drugs, there is also a medical problem called mydriasis which can effect children and adults and it causes the pupil to be unusually large to the point where no colour is seen around the pupil.  The person who talks of the bully with the black eyes, maybe it would be possible for him to have this condition?  It can be caused by a number of things including head trauma, eye trauma and even damage to the nerves that supply the eye.  I would imagine that wanting to live in a dark house that blocks the light would be quite a natural response as to have your pupil so wide all the time would make lights extremely bright.  As part of an eye exam before laser eye surgery I had to have a liquid dropped in my eyes that caused my pupils to open wide, and going home after was horrible as the light was hurting my eyes and giving me headache and that was on an overcast day.

Edited by Moon Gazer, 13 September 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#57    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 13 September 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

As part of an eye exam before laser eye surgery I had to have a liquid dropped in my eyes that caused my pupils to open wide, and going home after was horrible as the light was hurting my eyes and giving me headache and that was on an overcast day.
My son had to have eye exams when he was young and he had to have those drops too, I'd forgotten about that.

#58    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostSheWomanCatTypeThing, on 13 September 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

My son had to have eye exams when he was young and he had to have those drops too, I'd forgotten about that.

It's horrible, when they said I would need sunglasses I thought it would just seem a little bright but it's really really glaringly bright, and hurts your eyes like you are trying to look directly at the sun.

#59    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 13 September 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

It's horrible, when they said I would need sunglasses I thought it would just seem a little bright but it's really really glaringly bright, and hurts your eyes like you are trying to look directly at the sun.
I can imagine, I often feel like that upon leaving the house in the morning after consuming a bottle of vodka the previous night.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing, 13 September 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#60    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostSheWomanCatTypeThing, on 13 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Well, yes, He would.

Hmm.  Not sure what you're saying here.  Is it "He would, because he's a hoaxer who's still getting something out of it?"  Because it's an equally valid hypothesis to say "He would, because it happened and he's just relating it as he remembers."  Either motive would be sufficient to keep his story consistent.

From what I understand, Mr. Bethel didn't write his account for a commercial venture, he told it online for free.  His being a journalist was peripheral to the story itself.  Of course, it meant that it was far better written than most peoples' personal encounters, and I'm sure that contributed to its popularity.  He also had little to do with how the story took off afterward and became an urban legend.

Believing he's sincerely relating something that happened to him is not the same thing as believing his impressions or conclusions about it are objectively true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users