Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Toynbee tiles

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

The Toynbee tiles (also called Toynbee plaques) are messages of mysterious origin found embedded in asphalt of streets in about two dozen major cities in the United States and four South American capitals.[1][2] Since the 1980s, several hundred tiles have been discovered. They are generally about the size of an American license plate, but sometimes considerably larger. They contain some variation on the following inscription:
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN Kubrick's 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER.

Posted Image

Is this work of some Lunatic or what?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Toynbee_tiles

Edited by Still Waters, 31 December 2012 - 01:38 PM.
Source link added

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Trog

Trog

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

• Life is too short for disagreements.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

Hi Mr. L .... There are a lot of things in this world that I don't know about , and this is one of them , maybe Arnold Joseph Toynbee has reincarnated in America and is continuing his work into the rise and fall of civilizations and is now putting out his findings ?

It could be a warning or it could be a prank , some people go to a lot of trouble to pull off a really good prank , may be they aren't in the right line of work where their imagination is fully utilized .

Do you have any ideas or have you heard of any reasons that could shed some light on them ? .... Of course it could be a frustrated road worker leaving his mark ?

The Ark of the Covenant was the sacred chest, overlaid with gold, which occupied the inner sanctum of the temple and symbolised God's covenant with his people.. Covenant= The promises that God made to his people as recorded in the bible. The Ark of the Covenant has never been found .

#3    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

Isn't this a thread already?...maybe on another topic board?

Nevertheless...I hope you are not associating this with something paranormal...seems rather mundane and man made to me...too many people out there with too much time on their hands...

#4    thomash

thomash

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

There is a guy living in St. Louis, MO named joe parisi.  He is in on these tiles.  A friend worked with him for a while.  100% guaranteed.  He was making/placing some of them apparently.

#5    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Postthe L, on 05 August 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

The Toynbee tiles (also called Toynbee plaques) are messages of mysterious origin found embedded in asphalt of streets in about two dozen major cities in the United States and four South American capitals.[1][2] Since the 1980s, several hundred tiles have been discovered. They are generally about the size of an American license plate, but sometimes considerably larger. They contain some variation on the following inscription:
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN Kubrick's 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER.

Posted Image

Is this work of some Lunatic or what?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Toynbee_tiles
the short answer would be yes!

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#6    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,001 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

It's like crop circles. The Toynbee Tiles have become 'viral'.

#7    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

This is nothing but vandalism.

#8    Coyote Speaks

Coyote Speaks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

There is an interesting documentary on the tiles available through Netflix streaming.  The documentary is titled "Ressurect Dead" and it goes into some of the history of the tiles themselves, and what the message means.  While I don't agree with some of the conclusions drawn as to who the tiler was/is I do believe their assessment of what the message on the tiles mean was rather accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users