Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Rendlesham Incident 1980:

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#1    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

The incident had been known as Britain's Roswell: American servicemen stationed in Suffolk go into a forest to investigate mysterious lights and emerge convinced they have seen an alien spacecraft. Now, the man who led the only investigation into the "Rendlesham Forest Incident" has spoken about the sightings - but his decision to end thirty years of silence is unlikely to please the UFO-believers as he suggests his men could have been hoaxed. Posted Image Read more...

#2    omg lemonade

omg lemonade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

kinda freaky

#3    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

I've seen Penniston on TV many times over the years. OK I confess I'm one of the few who actually believes something ET happened at Roswell so if I'm prepared to believe in that then I'm prepared to believe in Rendlesham. I mean, it always seemed to be the UK UFO story.
I still think something happened there that was out of the ordinary but maybe it wasn't ET out of the ordinary.

Don't know. Could have been UK/US experimental prototype aircraft.

#4    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Favorites > [Add to Favorites] ; Browse > Paranormal > Debunking > Rendlesham [OK]

Thanks for the article Karlis. :tu:

Between this and Ian Ridpath's website I don't see how anyone can rightfully still believe that this involved extraterrestrials.  But certainly many will continue believing and will probably claim that Col Conrad is just part of the cover-up.  It is far more exciting to believe that ET was responsible after all, doubly-so if there is a conspiracy trying to hide the whole thing from the public... :hmm:

#5    BrokenBrain

BrokenBrain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

It's hard to say what to believe sometimes.  There are many sides to all these issues.  In Genesis it says that God created the heavens and the Earth in seven days, but it doesn't say that on the eighth day God became a couch potato or that before he put Adam here he didn't try something somewhere else.  Other parts of the Bible seem to support the ET concept.  The folklore of Roswell was the result of one classified military project shooting down another classified military project.  The public panic over aliens was allowed to foster because it kept the military secrets, secret.  It also turned out to be good for military budgets and research to allow the folklore to foster even after those two projects were outdated by newer programs.  Even the lore associated with AREA 51 is folklore, it's just researchers doing research work that is needed for national security.  Where they got the money for the projects before congress appropriated them a budget is the secret their keeping, not ET.  I myself, am not at liberty to file litigation for exposure to chemicals in the ground and groundwater at the facility indicated by Presidential Declaration 95-45.  Sometimes we have tough choices to make.  Also, there are as many possible research projects for alternative drive systems as there are corporations and countries to fund them.  The space race may be between countries for the moment, but corporations won't be far behind.  But, even though I have no reason to believe in ET, I still hold out hope.  If they are there and they are watching us, chances are we wouldn't be able to see them with our current level of technology.  If they are watching, why would they want anything to do with us, take a good solid look at how we act, what messages do our television and radio broadcast send out into space?  Just from that, if you were an advanced race, would you consider coming here or would you just keep watching from a distance?

#6    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,984 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

A very interesting case where UFOs dismantled our weaponry, as noted by those who were there, and they blame ET. I have also spoken to those who were stationed there, as they were my former co-workers,  and they are all in agreement that ET was responsible.

Posted Image

Edited by skyeagle409, 07 August 2011 - 07:50 PM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#7    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,781 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

No one them could validate it? OR none of them WOULD validate it?

#8    Frank Fontaine

Frank Fontaine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm just wondering, is it true that none of the soldiers had weapons in this scenario? I'm asking because I'm having trouble believing none of the troops actually reported pointing any weapon at any of what was seen. Which seems odd since it is a military base...

#9    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

This sounds to me like a kind of semi-official response to Halt's participation in the National Press Club briefing.  I'd take it with a drain of salt.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#10    retired Army MI Aent

retired Army MI Aent

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

I don't believe in any UFO story.  Why?  Because they're always at night,  There's never any evidence.  There is never a clear picture of the craft.  It's not difficult to cover up something in the military.  You're told if you say anything about this you will be sent somewhere and will disappear off the face of the earth.  And the military can do that.  While I was in the military, Military Intelligence/Counter Intelligence Agent, there were a couple people I caught.  They were brought in but would not sign the non-disclosure act.  They were warned what the consequences would be if they didn't sign it.  And sure enough a couple days later they were no longer on base.  I wanted to further interrogate one of them but was told he'd been sent to Levenworth Prison.  Well I contacted Levenworth (which is also a military base) and spoke with both one of my counter parts and with prison officials and they both told me that they never heard of this person.  I had some friends and they did some checking and they couldn't locate this person.  He just vanished.  Depending upon the seriousness of the event the non-disclosure can be any where from 5 years to life time.  And they take this extremely serious.  Why do you think no one from Area 51 ever talks about it?  There's a couple nuts out there who have tried but usually it turns out they had nothing to do with the classified events there and they definitely were not give access to any of the classified areas.  Of course they don't want any one to see what''s going on there.  That's where they test most of the classified new aircraft.  The AF71, the F22, the F35 were or  are all being tested there.  So until someone can produce solid evidence and a clear, close up photograph and one that's not taken only at night and the craft is not near any classified area, I'll never believe any of the UFO stories.

Edited by retired Army MI Aent, 07 August 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#11    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 07 August 2011 - 02:32 PM, said:

Favorites > [Add to Favorites] ; Browse > Paranormal > Debunking > Rendlesham [OK]

Thanks for the article Karlis. :tu:

Between this and Ian Ridpath's website I don't see how anyone can rightfully still believe that this involved extraterrestrials.  But certainly many will continue believing and will probably claim that Col Conrad is just part of the cover-up.  It is far more exciting to believe that ET was responsible after all, doubly-so if there is a conspiracy trying to hide the whole thing from the public... :hmm:

Easy to be a believer these days, isnt it boon!

Win, win.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#12    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

View PostDBunker, on 07 August 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Easy to be a believer these days, isnt it boon!

Win, win.

Depends how that opinion was formed.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#13    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostFrank Fontaine, on 07 August 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'm just wondering, is it true that none of the soldiers had weapons in this scenario? I'm asking because I'm having trouble believing none of the troops actually reported pointing any weapon at any of what was seen. Which seems odd since it is a military base...
All of the published accounts relate to claimed events off either Woodbridge and/or Bentwaters base(s).

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#14    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,460 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

View Postretired Army MI Aent, on 07 August 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

I don't believe in any UFO story.  Why?  Because they're always at night,  There's never any evidence.  There is never a clear picture of the craft.  It's not difficult to cover up something in the military.  You're told if you say anything about this you will be sent somewhere and will disappear off the face of the earth.  And the military can do that.  While I was in the military, Military Intelligence/Counter Intelligence Agent, there were a couple people I caught.  They were brought in but would not sign the non-disclosure act.  They were warned what the consequences would be if they didn't sign it.  And sure enough a couple days later they were no longer on base.  I wanted to further interrogate one of them but was told he'd been sent to Levenworth Prison.  Well I contacted Levenworth (which is also a military base) and spoke with both one of my counter parts and with prison officials and they both told me that they never heard of this person.  I had some friends and they did some checking and they couldn't locate this person.  He just vanished.  Depending upon the seriousness of the event the non-disclosure can be any where from 5 years to life time.  And they take this extremely serious.  Why do you think no one from Area 51 ever talks about it?  There's a couple nuts out there who have tried but usually it turns out they had nothing to do with the classified events there and they definitely were not give access to any of the classified areas.  Of course they don't want any one to see what''s going on there.  That's where they test most of the classified new aircraft.  The AF71, the F22, the F35 were or  are all being tested there.  So until someone can produce solid evidence and a clear, close up photograph and one that's not taken only at night and the craft is not near any classified area, I'll never believe any of the UFO stories.

How do the military explain to the families how their loved one has just disappeared then?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#15    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Then of course, there has always been a pro-ETH group in the military and intelligence agencies that has been disclosing things since the 1940s and 1950s, and even telling people where to send their FOIA requests to get declassified documents.  Sometimes this disclosure is even semi-official, so once the "incident" has been disclosed or declassified, then there's no penalty for people who talk about it.

I don't think there even is a real anti-ETH group at all, just other people who are skeptical about too much disclosure.  This has been going back and forth for years--decades--and I'm not sure that anyone has gotten really severe punishment for talking about UFOs.

I have heard that Col. Halt's career was cut short. Not because he saw a UFO but because his superiors got mad when it went public and they thought he was talking out of school too much.  That's what I think is going on here.  As for the UFOs themselves, everyone knows that the whole investigation got passed on up the line to "higher headquarters".

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users