Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quest for Alien Life Is Back On

Persia

If ET phones, we're listening again -- thanks to you.

Astronomers at the cash-strapped SETI Institute are poised to resume the quest for extraterrestrial life, after raising more than $200,000 to restart a key array of telescopes.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/08/with-new-funding-quest-for-alien-life-is-back-on/#ixzz1UW4icX5V

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/08/7309356-donations-revive-seti-quest

http://www.pcworld.com/article/237550/seti_to_turn_telescopes_back_on_in_coming_days.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• booNyzarC

• DONTEATUS

• Paxus

• The Religious Hoax

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waste of time, IMO. What would be the pay-off to any big business that put up the big dollars to search properly, if they actually came up with something ?

"CSETI", The "Centre of the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence" was founded by Dr Steven M Greer in 1991 and established real E.T. contact over this period of time.

They conduct regular trainings under the stars that teach the correct E.T. Contact Protocols e.g. [Meditation/Remote Viewing] techniques via our Consciousness.

The E.T's connect with us via our Consciousness rather than through a telescope as such.

Check out www.cseti.org

Why would ET's bother with radio technology anyways? If they are real I'd suspect that their technology is far more advanced than that, besides most abductees claim ET's communicate telepathically, and that they dont even use their mouths to speak.lol

Yeah really, can't they just make the check out to me? It's obvious there's other life out there, we're being visited left and right, nearly every day. Just look up in the sky to see for yourself. Also, I don't really think advanced civilizations would use radio transmissions to communicate in space...that would probably seem very primitive I would think...

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

#5 SPOT ON! About time someone stated the bleeding obvious like that!! All that cash could be invested in a decent camera that could properly photograph the visitors we are actually getting!!

All that cash could be invested in a decent camera that could properly photograph the visitors we are actually getting!!

LOL, this, 100% agree. :tu:

So, whats the problem? SETI managed to get money for their project. Don't like it? Write your own proposal, find sponsors, and buy camera, or whatever you like for UFO hunt.

Thanks, Persia, for posting that good news. The Fox News article has been making the rounds, but the other two are more informative, yet less likely to be seen. Radio waves could be a very good way for extraterrestrials to communicate with us. Of course they might have something better, but if they want to talk to a civilization at our level, radio is a logical approach. We might seem worth talking to, being a prime example of a civilization making the perilous transition from an agricultural society to a stable technological one; perhaps one of the few in this position, at this time, in the galaxy. Even if we suppose that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth in person, they might want to 'phone us up' and talk before making their presence at Earth undeniably obvious. That we are willing to listen for their call says something, I believe, about our readiness to be introduced to the larger universe.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many people who seem to sincerely believe that we are actually being visited.

"CSETI", The "Centre of the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence" was founded by Dr Steven M Greer in 1991 and established real E.T. contact over this period of time.

They conduct regular trainings under the stars that teach the correct E.T. Contact Protocols e.g. [Meditation/Remote Viewing] techniques via our Consciousness.

The E.T's connect with us via our Consciousness rather than through a telescope as such.

Check out www.cseti.org

Welcome to the Show "cameronn" It will take a heavy over coat in here at times,and a conviction of Iron to fend off some of the replys. You will enjoy the many layers of threads and people,YES real people in here unlike some forums that are out there. Welcome again ! Look around ITs Deep ,Really Deep in here.

justDONTEATUS :tu:

post-68971-0-59058800-1312909442_thumb.g

It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many people who seem to sincerely believe that we are actually being visited.

Now ,Now booNy-duddie ~! Are you saying that we are not possibly being visited? What about all the Films,storys,Movies,Hearsay,Theysay Wesay`s ? Well it could happen, I saw what I know to be not of this worlds ability to build fly right around me ! IT looked exactly like the Craft depicted in the Movie the Flight of the Navagitor. I think its was a 90s film by Disney?

Anywho IT was not of this earth ! But The Good news Is I dont really care what others think about E.T and tere visitations to Planet Earth. They have the right to visit us as we do there worlds some day.

Now how about some Smokin-Hot Texas B.B.Q to Take the Heat of the day off of us all ? :devil:

I'm not trying to be negative with that D, I'm just honestly amazed at how many people sincerely believe this. A great many of them have never seen what you say you've seen either, so I'm perplexed by it.

I'm not trying to be negative with that D, I'm just honestly amazed at how many people sincerely believe this. A great many of them have never seen what you say you've seen either, so I'm perplexed by it.

You ought to be me then ! Ive been around machines ,Aircraft,Motor raceing,All types of Avation and man made machines all my Life,Its what I do every day.and on Holiday I am around Like minded souls of the Gearheaded type. at 56 years all but 6 being around the real deals I think that many of us that have seen a UFO of this nature have long ago come to trems to the possibility of Us not being the only game in Town.

When I talk to my military buds some that are still enlisted and active,to the Letter,they all have seen the Lights.

The official word from them all is unknown,unidentified,really strange contact on radar,visiual,some with even more details than mine ,some less. But to the bottom line. Its all a mute case unless we actually Get one to Take me for a Ride.

Then I`ll commadere it Fly it to the Washington Lawn Land it and Take my new Buddue Gork outside to Tell the World .

We come in Peace,"Slaps head and wakes up from a heat induced blackout ! Looks up at the Clock to see how long I was out? Man Its too Hot in Texas! Im seeing things !

Well you get the Idea BoonY. Its all the way ,and your own point of prespective. Cheers ! Gotta finish a CloudII brake job ,major tune. :alien:

post-68971-0-79299400-1312910976_thumb.g

I believed before I saw a UFO :P

On topic, am I understanding correctly they are not just looking for radio signals anymore but things more along the lines of a laser pulse? Also, we have some very direct places to aim those things now anyway, all good :)

Well, I was glad to hear how self motivated they are. If I had a cool job like that, I'd be motivated to keep it too. Well done.

On the other hand, it seems to me if ET wants to talk to us, they can probably find a way, probably one we wouldn't expect, and just as effective.

But it is a doorway than can be justified using many scenarios.

It never ceases to amaze me how many skeptics automatically assume that eveyone's shared experiences are the same, and that our point of references to the ETH are also the same.

It never ceases to amaze me how many skeptics automatically assume that eveyone's shared experiences are the same, and that our point of references to the ETH are also the same.

Perhaps you can clarify how that relates to what I said?

The chance of a intersteller species using radio is 0, makes no sense. Your going to have to be extremely lucky to find a civilization who is having a brief fling with radio before moving on in a very brief moment of time. Like Indians looking for smoke signals from our modern civilization. The chance is 0. Hence Seti's findings.

Perhaps you can clarify how that relates to what I said?

I would dare to guess that a majority of people on this forum have either seen or experienced something that suggests we are not alone. Hence why most people make this assumption to begin with.

YAY!

Good news! Thanks Persia!

Well, I think it's good news anyway. The more eyes and ears we have 'out there' the better.

It certainly does no harm!

Perplexed? Really?

A great many people have never seen God and yet they sincerely believe this being exists.

At least we have seen many UFOs which might be ET....

More believable than God, if you ask me...

Edited by Paxus

--

Perplexed? Really?

A great many people have never seen God and yet they sincerely believe this being exists.

At least we have seen many UFOs which might be ET....

More believable than God, if you ask me...

I'd have to disagree on this one. We are comparing apples to oranges people with this one. God isn't something that is provable in the scientific sense, but ET visitation should be. They aren't even in the same ballpark.