Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Disappearing objects

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    allen_iverson

allen_iverson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

• If Speed kills, Then I slaughter

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

i was once looking for my keys

then minutes later i was holding my keys the whole freaking time

Godspeed

#17    Calicocat

Calicocat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi. Long time reader of the forum, but posting here for the first time!

Pardon any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language.

This happened to me a week ago. Late one evening I was in the kitchen, deciding what to cook. Potatoes came to my mind. I usually keep a bag of potatoes in a drawer, not anywhere on top or eye level, but you have to bend down to reach into this drawer.

Background: I was VERY sure I had potatoes in my house that day, very sure that they were inside this drawer so right away when I opened the drawer it wasn't there. Ok. Reached back and looked around inside the drawer.. Still not there. Emptied the contents, all the pots and pans.. Overturned, removed and replaced everything.. I still don't find the bag.

This went on for a 20 full minutes. I then decided to cook something else. Thought on my mind at that time was maybe I didn't have potatoes that day or maybe I trashed them earlier if they had gone bad etc..

Next morning: I unload the dish washer, and try to place the pots and pans back in their shelves and drawers.  Opened the drawer now and the bag of potatoes was right in front! Almost to the point of falling out of the drawer (There's NO way I could have missed this the previous night). It wasn't hiding under anything or wasn't anywhere way back where I couldn't see (considering you might miss seeing stuff in the night time, compared to day light).

Finally, I don't believe in anything paranormal or supernatural, since ive never had experience in the stuff. But this just shook me!  :cry:

Anybody else have similar experiences or can give answers?

#18    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

This happens all the time.  :rolleyes: It's happened so many times, that I just give up looking and it'll end up showing up in the place it was. It's rather annoying.

#19    Requal

Requal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

View Postgufzoo, on 13 August 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

Two nights ago my husband put his wedding ring on his nightstand before going to sleep.  The next morning, the ring is missing.  I helped him search the entire area without luck.  I figured he misplaced it elsewhere.  I left for an evening shift at the hospital figuring it would show up eventually.  Two hours later I get a message from my freaked out husband who walked into the bedroom to find the ring sitting in the middle of the nightstand, as if it had been there the whole time!  We can't explain it.  We had no visitors, we have no pets, he didn't leave during the period between my leaving and his finding it.  He thinks it fell through a tiny wormhole/time warp.  I'm looking for a more rational explanation but I'm coming up empty.  Anyone have any ideas?

Did you see him put the ring on the nightstand? He could have just cheated on you and forgot the ring somewhere.
He got it back eventually, called you while you are gone obviously and tell you it was right there... must have been a wormhole/timewarp...

Come to think of it, I'm gonna use that one too, the fact saying it might be a wormhole/timewarp would throw the conversation to a whole other level. :D

Just sayin'though, not that he might actually have done it, but I find it strange that only the ring was involved and not other stuff on the nightstand or the nightstand itself...

#20    saoc

saoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

I think your hubby's right.

#21    Finder of Lost Things

Finder of Lost Things

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

• Why so serious?

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

This stuff used to happen to me in the house I lived in before now. Some of it was stuff to big to overlook, like the hair dryer that disappeared from the vanity, was gone a week, and then turned back up-in the vanity.
When I realized there was something going on in the house I had a friend of mine get me some holy water and I did threaten the  ghost/spirit/poltergiest/whatever once when a pair of earrings I had been planning to wear were gone basically telling it how funny would this be when I got the holy water out. Not sure I believe the whole holy water thing but my little friend evidently did because when I went back to look where I had already looked, there they were.

#22    Lady Unicorn

Lady Unicorn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

I have an explanation for the disappearing objects occurrence.  I've been experiencing this phenomenon for 15 years.

I found the explanation in the bible when when place too much emphasis on idols (idolatry) in this materal world and not on God, our idols (objects/materials) will eventually disappear..  It is in Isaiah 2:06-2:18.

Remember:  "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from theFather of the heavenly lights" (James 1:17)  Do't fall into the trap of valuing ceated things more than the Creator.

An idol is anythi that becomes more important to us than God.

Friendships, dating, relationships, music, success, cars, clothes, food and appearance -the're not aways idols.  They only become idols or false gods when we place more emphasis on them tan we do on ur relationship with God. We can enjoy all those things without gui;y as long as God remains our ultimate priority.

So now we all know what the reason of disppearing objects.

Unicorn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users