Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The new Chupacabra? Mystery animal confounds

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16    Acenaspheru

Acenaspheru

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

• Even the very old die young when they have truly learned to love.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

it could be a fox but i think it looks more like a cat to me. maybe it was someones pet?

the muzzle looks different though and it looks...short? the fox in the picture with mange looks taller than that thing in the video.

personally if it was me i'd have taken it to a vet to see if they knew what it was and if there was anything wrong with it.

it could also be an inbred dog or cat or i guess even fox.

http://www.roliana.com < my play time http://www.cosplay.com < my hobby http://www.deviantart.com < my think tank. roliana: Ciel Phantomhive Cosplay: Maya Rose and deviant art: The-last-fall

#17    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

Aw, I read the title and was hoping someone finally caught the manbearpig.

Sorry, Al Gore. :hmm:

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#18    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

View PostJerry Only, on 21 August 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

Aw, I read the title and was hoping someone finally caught the manbearpig.

Sorry, Al Gore. :hmm:

Yeah but he is totally thuper serial!

View PostShadowSot, on 21 August 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

With all of these creatures turning up and being shown to just have had mange... maybe they'll eventually think "Hey, maybe they just have mange."

I couldn't agree more, it's kinda like the "El Chupacabra" caught on tape by the police in texas.

friggin' idiots...

#19    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

Poor thing looked like a malnourished puppy dog to me.

Posted Image

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostAndami, on 17 August 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

Also looks like a fox with mange.
Posted Image

View PostShadowSot, on 21 August 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

Here's a red fox with mange:
Posted Image

Looks very similar.

Identified.

It looked cute still. lol Poor thing, as people said they should have taken to a Vet or something.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#21    marharthm

marharthm

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

It has a really long tail, people seem to be missing that when they keep saying its a fox or a dog.

#22    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,113 posts

• Oops.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

View Postmarharthm, on 21 August 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

It has a really long tail, people seem to be missing that when they keep saying its a fox or a dog.
You seem to have missed both pictures of the bald foxes in this thread.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#23    xXHellkittiesXx

xXHellkittiesXx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• >^.^<

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

why are these obvious canines all of a sudden defined "chupacabras"?!  I guess from now on all hairless dogs are goat suckers, like all "orbs" are ghosts.

#24    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

I do hope they realize they've just named the poor mongrel Prince Suck...

#25    Littlehawk

Littlehawk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• "The Great Lie is that THIS is civilization. Or if it IS civilization, the Great Lie is that it is good for us". - John Trudell

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

As a dog groomer, I have worked at veterinary offices on and off for the past 13 years. I grew up around animals/farms/etc... I have seen mange. If you haven't seen mange, all it takes is a google search for "fox with mange" to determine for yourselves that mangy skin is almost always puffy, red, inflamed, and not smooth like this animal.  I do admit, it looks exactly like a hairless fox. I'm going to guess it's just a hairless fox, much like the recessive gene for the hairless pups like the Chinese Crested. Fascinating all the same.

#26    draconis

draconis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• the truth is out there, you just have to look in the right places

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Could be a rabid kangaroo that escaped from a zoo/circus, looks like a roo to me.

*edit
Though, that saying some of the pictures on here with that fox with mange looks awfully similar to the one in the main article. Kangaroo theory still stands as my #1 though, with its roo like face/ears, short stumpy arms and large hind legs, the pose its in looks just like a roo crouching down to eat.... Or hide?

Edited by draconis, 21 August 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#27    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

I am amazed at how so many people seem unable to recognise a perfectly common animal just because it has no fur. I bet they dread their other half having a hair cut as it probably takes them 6 months and a DNA test to finally realise who they are.

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#28    mushymopman

mushymopman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• trust all your senses

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

that is not a chupacabra its a cayotvarkroo very rare and very timid it most certainly wont attack you or ya pets in the middle of the night and feed on ya inerds and blood.

#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

I don't think it is a kangaroo. Look at the way it moves in the videos, exactly like a fox, or dog, not a roo or wallaby.

I think the hairless fox/dog/coyote started being IDed with Chupacabras because of people thinking they had long teeth. Their teeth are normal, it is just that people don't normally look at a fox or coyote's teeth, so when they do, the teeth look long. Long Teeth = Vampire = Chupacabras, in Pop Culture.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#30    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

It's a werewolf, it's gotta be. Notice it's canine-like features, yet smooth like a human. :rolleyes:

Edited by BiffWellington, 21 August 2011 - 06:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users