Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Battlefield 3

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

I think it should be much easier to down jets, especially from the ground.

Have you ever tried to down a jet from the ground? It's not that easy. ;)

#17    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostWandering, on 23 August 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

Have you ever tried to down a jet from the ground? It's not that easy. ;)

I wasn't suggesting it was going to be realistic. Realism would be quite unfair wouldn't it? Since it's digital there's no real remorse in using WMD's and you could stay on another continent and turn the entire enemy zone into radioactive ash. So in the interest of fun and game balance you would want to make it somewhat unrealistic.

#18    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

View PostRanyhyn, on 23 August 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

Okay, yeah, that's true. Assuming the jets were ever allowed to fly off, and not blown up by whiny little children who wanted the jet for themselves.

I think it should be much easier to down jets, especially from the ground.

I agree.  I'm all about balance among the various systems, but BF2 was simply silly in how bad the AA missles were.

If I've got full lock and visual line of sight, I should have at least an 80% chance of hitting UNLESS the pilot drops counter measures.

I lost count of how many times I'd have full lock on a slow target moving in a straight line and the missle would fly off in the opposite direction for no reason at all.

Frankly I hope they keep the AAA guns too.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#19    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Nobody here is happy about BF3's medic system? You can choose to not be revived!!! :D Suck on that you rambo reviving medics! Now you're actually going to have to help the team if you want your points! ^_^

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#20    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• 1,515 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

View Post__Kratos__, on 25 August 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

Nobody here is happy about BF3's medic system? You can choose to not be revived!!! :D Suck on that you rambo reviving medics! Now you're actually going to have to help the team if you want your points! ^_^

Posted Image

#21    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

View PostRanyhyn, on 25 August 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

Posted Image
I second that! :blink:

Posted Image

#22    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• 1,094 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

Will get it on Xbox, my PC is good but dont know if it will run it smooth or not as it is getting on now, reckon my rig will run it?

Interl® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz (4 Cpu's)

8190 MB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

#23    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:27 AM

View PostWyrdlight, on 26 August 2011 - 10:00 PM, said:

Will get it on Xbox, my PC is good but dont know if it will run it smooth or not as it is getting on now, reckon my rig will run it?

Interl® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz (4 Cpu's)

8190 MB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
If i were in your position i would still get it for xbox,Far more entertaining :geek:

Posted Image

#24    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• 1,515 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

View PostDigitalDreamer, on 27 August 2011 - 01:27 AM, said:

If i were in your position i would still get it for xbox,Far more entertaining :geek:

How is fps entertaining on console? I have never been able to see this point of view. Ever. Aiming on console is horrible. Just like sports games of most descriptions are horrible on pc.

#25    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

Bad thing about the consoles is that it's still only 24 players, while PC will get full 64. I myself will be getting it for PS3, but it looks like I won't have much luck finding any battlefield buddies here at UM... Mostly PC and Xbox'ers here, oh well.
The reason I'm not getting it for PC is because my computer is still the same one I used to play 1942 on! I would like to upgrade it, but that's unlikely with my money situation currently, but that's going off topic...

Back on topic: I really like the idea for the new suppression system! I hope it works out well, and they've made many new changes that interest me! Though I'd wish they'd change the 'Assault' class name to 'Combat Medic', because I don't want people just playing the medic so they can go 'pew pew, mah rifl skllz pwn! pew!1'... Those guys really annoy me..

"All I say is that I think it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hair-splitter to pretend that I don't regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist." ~ H.P. Lovecraft

#26    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• 1,094 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

I hope silencers are an optional extra instead of mandatory for the engineer.

It kind of annoyed my that an explosives spelialst lugging a large anti-tank/air asset weapon was forced to used a silenced gun.  

Some more variety in terms of scopes/sights would be nice, as well as magazine sizes/upgrades.  Bad Company 2 was great apart from a few things, comparative lack of customiseation being the main one.

#27    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

View PostRanyhyn, on 27 August 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:

How is fps entertaining on console? I have never been able to see this point of view. Ever. Aiming on console is horrible. Just like sports games of most descriptions are horrible on pc.
You can be on a couch instead of hunched over at your pc chair,Aside from being more comfortable Its just loads easier to get into.Its also not going to break your bank just to afford the right things to make your game work correctly

Posted Image

#28    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• 1,515 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostWyrdlight, on 27 August 2011 - 06:27 AM, said:

I hope silencers are an optional extra instead of mandatory for the engineer.

It kind of annoyed my that an explosives spelialst lugging a large anti-tank/air asset weapon was forced to used a silenced gun.  

Some more variety in terms of scopes/sights would be nice, as well as magazine sizes/upgrades.  Bad Company 2 was great apart from a few things, comparative lack of customiseation being the main one.

You're gonna find a lot of customization in BF3 from what the devs say. More options in customizing, multiple types of ammunition to choose from, i'm guessing more scopes, i hope most weapons come with an attachable / detachable silencer in the kit, so that if you need to go silent you can press a key to equip the silencer, like the pointman class in Alliance of Valiant Arms.

View PostDigitalDreamer, on 27 August 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

You can be on a couch instead of hunched over at your pc chair,Aside from being more comfortable Its just loads easier to get into.Its also not going to break your bank just to afford the right things to make your game work correctly

As far as comfort goes, for gaming I feel nothing beats a good chair, myself. My own couch is uncomfortable as hell, and so are my chairs. But thats only because my old office chair broke and i cba replacing it.

Still, most games are best on pc in my opinion, since the mouse is especially well suited for aiming, much more so than a joystick or buttons like you have on console controllers. It's easier to move the cursor faster and more precisely. Which is in large part the major components of fps gaming. Additionally you have more keys which means you can in theory have more functions without starting to go into complex key combos, and you can upgrade your pc as long as you can afford it, which means that the games are not going to have to conform to the limits of the console it's being developed for. You'll have a much harder time driving progress when you're locked to one particular spec setup. Additionally you can use the PC for a whole bunch of other tasks as well - modern consoles can be used for more than just gaming too, often as media centers for example, but PC's have a much wider field of use still. So it's usefulness vastly expands beyond gaming. Some think that this is the problem with PC's vs Consoles as far as gaming is concerned, but to me it's a definite plus.

I do not find sportsgames enjoyable on PC however. There's something about the grip on a controller that makes fighting games, racing games, and other sports related games much easier to handle with a controller as opposed to the keyboard, whereas RTS and FPS has a definite edge on pc over console. All the other genres I consider pretty much equally decent on both platforms.

#29    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• 1,094 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I only get fps's on console now.

Once you get used to it, you can control a fps games just was well with a controler as you can with a mouse and keyboard, in fact in terms of movement, i find it far more comfortable and easier.

Xbox live has, for the most part, way less lag and generally far more stable online play than msot pc games.

On the otherhand for stratagey, simulation and rpg games I would only ever use a pc, as you cant get the pinpoint control and hot-key's needed on a controller.

#30    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

View PostWyrdlight, on 27 August 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

I only get fps's on console now.

Once you get used to it, you can control a fps games just was well with a controler as you can with a mouse and keyboard, in fact in terms of movement, i find it far more comfortable and easier.

Xbox live has, for the most part, way less lag and generally far more stable online play than msot pc games.

On the otherhand for stratagey, simulation and rpg games I would only ever use a pc, as you cant get the pinpoint control and hot-key's needed on a controller.
I agree,Halo Wars did the best it could but i dont think any RTS is going ever be up to par on a console.Aside from that I agree with what you said :geek:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users