Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The glass domes of the moon

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Mars Institute</strong>
Image credit: Mars Institute
William B Stoecker: A number of writers, myself included, have detailed the circumstantial…but extensive…evidence of past civilizations on our Moon and on Mars, and probably elsewhere in our Solar System. Given that the Moon seems never to have had much of an atmosphere, its inhabitants presumably came from elsewhere, and the simplest and most likely explanation is that all the mysterious structures on the Moon and on Mars were built by the same space-faring race, and that they likely originated on Mars, or, quite possibly, here on Earth in the remote past. And, just because many of the structures appear to be ruins, we shouldn’t assume that the builders have all died or departed. They may very well still be there; after all, we have numerous ruined structures here on Earth, and we’re still here. In fact, at least some UFOs may originate from Mars and from our Moon.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

When we anticipate the movie premiere of 'Apollo 18' about a fictious "classified" manned space mission to land on the moon to hunt Aliens, here's the real deal!  :alien: Telescopes on earth and satellites taking pictures of other celestial bodies in space, kept finding hundreds of strange artificial-looking formations on the surface of the Moon and esp. on solid inner planets like Mars, such as the famous "Face on Mars" by the Viking spacecrafts in the late 1970's. :o (Mars is looking at us, just as shocked!)

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,297 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostDeMikeDe, on 21 August 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

When we anticipate the movie premiere of 'Apollo 18' about a fictious "classified" manned space mission to land on the moon to hunt Aliens, here's the real deal!  :alien: Telescopes on earth and satellites taking pictures of other celestial bodies in space, kept finding hundreds of strange artificial-looking formations on the surface of the Moon and esp. on solid inner planets like Mars, such as the famous "Face on Mars" by the Viking spacecrafts in the late 1970's. :o (Mars is looking at us, just as shocked!)

And when things like the "face on mars" gets thoroughly debunked, it still gets presented in forums like this as "evidence".

Come on.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,390 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

I agree.  There are plenty of strange, artificial looking things found on our inner planets.

But, every single time we've gotten a closer look, it turns out to be completely natural.

#5    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,244 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostRafterman, on 21 August 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

And when things like the "face on mars" gets thoroughly debunked, it still gets presented in forums like this as "evidence".

Come on.

Come on now...

You know you should never let trivial things like facts stand in the way of a good
conspiracy theory...

#6    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostTaun, on 22 August 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

Come on now...

You know you should never let trivial things like facts stand in the way of a good
conspiracy theory...
What did facts ever do for us? Nothin' but trouble I tells ya!  :lol:

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,360 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:50 AM

Hard to see how the author comes to the conclusion of compelling evidence. It is no wonder why these people do not hand out co-ordinates so one can have a look for one's self.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,243 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 23 August 2011 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hard to see how the author comes to the conclusion of compelling evidence. It is no wonder why these people do not hand out co-ordinates so one can have a look for one's self.

Or how 'bout some credible pictures?  Nothing to see hear I fear :alien:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

View PostUM-Bot, on 21 August 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

William B Stoecker: A number of writers, myself included, have detailed the circumstantial…but extensive…evidence of past civilizations on our Moon and on Mars, and probably elsewhere in our Solar System.

When ever I read these kind of articles (which seems to be increasing in regularity lately) I am reminded of the old adage; "tell a lie often enough, and it starts sounding like the truth" or something to that effect. It's pretty obvious that that is what is going on here, in fact, all of these so-called unexplained mysteries follow the same pattern; someone makes up a story based on some blurry pictures usually with the words "this can only mean..." It captures the imagination of charlatans and the gullible alike, the stories get repeated as if they are facts and voila!

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#10    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:00 AM

The face was debunked? Can I get a link to that Rafterman? I always knew the pile of sand in the shape of a face had nothing to do with the pyramids it was near. I mean It's just so obvious they are all random freak creations over time which have never been replicated anywhere else on the moon or earth.

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,360 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

View PostWandering, on 25 August 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

The face was debunked? Can I get a link to that Rafterman? I always knew the pile of sand in the shape of a face had nothing to do with the pyramids it was near. I mean It's just so obvious they are all random freak creations over time which have never been replicated anywhere else on the moon or earth.

Unmasking the Face on Mars

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#12    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

Until, if ever, we find real compelling evidence of this, I don't want to see another article or thread written about it.

Posted Image

#13    Wandering

Wandering

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

Unmasking the Face on Mars

Err thanks Psych but if NASA is supposed to be covering something up a link to their website isn't much help. I may as well believe Gillard about the Carbon Tax! lol.

Is there any independent research on the subject?

#14    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

View PostWandering, on 25 August 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Err thanks Psych but if NASA is supposed to be covering something up a link to their website isn't much help. I may as well believe Gillard about the Carbon Tax! lol.

What of The European Space Agency?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#15    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostWandering, on 25 August 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

See it with your own eyes:

Attached Files

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users