Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Government programs, Janet and the KISS principle


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

    News, media and articles

  • 6,196 posts
  • Joined:21 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • Beep Boop

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: stockxpert</strong>
Image credit: stockxpert
Mark Dohle: Janet is always in financial trouble, even though she is receiving money from the government to help her to stay afloat.  Three years ago she was getting $600.00 a month for disability.  She is also on Medicaid, which helps with her medicines and doctor visits.  Janet made the mistake of letting her case worker know that her boyfriend at the time helped her with her rent but did not emphasis the fact that it was not consistent, though helpful. The government reduced her monthly check to $400.00.  Janet needs $700.00 for her rent.  She has lived in a long term motel for eight years.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Trog

Trog

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Joined:14 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Life is too short for disagreements.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Numerology teaches us that we shouldn't take on the burdens of another , simply because those burdens are their lessons to learn , not ours .... By helping this person you are of course building up good Karma for your next incarnation , so your efforts aren't going unnoticed .

When the pathway you've chosen inevitably brings you in contact with needy people who for what ever reason haven't made provision for their old age , you can't help but become involved , and the burden is slowly but surely wearing you down .

Two things need to be done to help this person , firstly relocate her into lower price rental , and secondly introduce her to a financial planer who can work out a budget that if stuck too allows her to live within her income .

If the lady refuses one or both offers then you're obliged to walk away for the sake of both parties .

The Ark of the Covenant was the sacred chest, overlaid with gold, which occupied the inner sanctum of the temple and symbolised God's covenant with his people.. Covenant= The promises that God made to his people as recorded in the bible. The Ark of the Covenant has never been found .

#3    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Third Rock

  • We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

View PostTrog, on 29 August 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Numerology teaches us that we shouldn't take on the burdens of another , simply because those burdens are their lessons to learn , not ours .... By helping this person you are of course building up good Karma for your next incarnation , so your efforts aren't going unnoticed .

When the pathway you've chosen inevitably brings you in contact with needy people who for what ever reason haven't made provision for their old age , you can't help but become involved , and the burden is slowly but surely wearing you down .

Two things need to be done to help this person , firstly relocate her into lower price rental , and secondly introduce her to a financial planer who can work out a budget that if stuck too allows her to live within her income .

If the lady refuses one or both offers then you're obliged to walk away for the sake of both parties .

Trog $600 a month isn't enough to pay her rent! Rent $700 could you live on that? Firstly a widow on disability should be helped a whole lot more from the Government. There are people in this country who are ilegal aliens getting $2,300 a month. This Government discriminates against it's own who has paid into the system most of their lives. Then turn around and gives billions to foreign countries and those who never have paid into the system and never will. That is all from the Democrat side of it. Karma I have both bad and good karma I am living better than a lot of people here but that is about to change drastically and I have no way out but to fall. If I was any other race but white I would have programs beating down my door.

The Bible teaches us that charity begins in the home if you can help others beyond that, it is a good thing.

Edited by cerberusxp, 01 September 2011 - 11:03 PM.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#4    dougeaton

dougeaton

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostTrog, on 29 August 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Numerology teaches us that we shouldn't take on the burdens of another , simply because those burdens are their lessons to learn , not ours .... By helping this person you are of course building up good Karma for your next incarnation , so your efforts aren't going unnoticed .

When the pathway you've chosen inevitably brings you in contact with needy people who for what ever reason haven't made provision for their old age , you can't help but become involved , and the burden is slowly but surely wearing you down .

Two things need to be done to help this person , firstly relocate her into lower price rental , and secondly introduce her to a financial planer who can work out a budget that if stuck too allows her to live within her income .

If the lady refuses one or both offers then you're obliged to walk away for the sake of both parties .


Not sure I agree with this.  While it is true that we can't help everyone, I think we all a few who come into our livs that we can.  To let them sink, especially when one has a mental illness I think is wrong.  Besides, I doubt Mark could do that anyway.

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#5    dougeaton

dougeaton

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

View Postcerberusxp, on 01 September 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:

Trog $600 a month isn't enough to pay her rent! Rent $700 could you live on that? Firstly a widow on disability should be helped a whole lot more from the Government. There are people in this country who are ilegal aliens getting $2,300 a month. This Government discriminates against it's own who has paid into the system most of their lives. Then turn around and gives billions to foreign countries and those who never have paid into the system and never will. That is all from the Democrat side of it. Karma I have both bad and good karma I am living better than a lot of people here but that is about to change drastically and I have no way out but to fall. If I was any other race but white I would have programs beating down my door.

The Bible teaches us that charity begins in the home if you can help others beyond that, it is a good thing.

True, she is trapped, backed into a corner.  If she is ot helped then she will end upon the street.  Mark has others helping him as well, her brother helps out.

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#6    devilmaycare

devilmaycare

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

My mother is set to go to her mother's house in OR to check on her general health as well as her father's who lives with her mother also. My grandparents do not have a great relationship with any of their extended family and they live outside a small town and are also very old as well now. After reading your article and contemplating being alone for a very long time I have come to the basic conclusion that the lack of spiritual awareness and therefore growth is what everyone will need especially when they get old.

As we learn from a young age to ignore our own spiritual awareness's, we also remove the most important aspect of ourselves which is that we are and never were alone. I can see how that at an older age and alone with no money even a strong woman or man can be broken by this lack of simply knowing themselves and much much more.
The saying "god helps those who help themselves" is a startling fact and really has nothing to do with whether or not you or I physically help another. Whether you can or do help another is simply the nature and limits of our physical plane and means nothing from the spiritual one. I'm not religious one way or other just your average truth seeker.

Edited by devilmaycare, 23 September 2011 - 04:50 AM.

If you have nothing you would die for, then you also have nothing to live for.

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." G. H. Hardy

#7    markdohle

markdohle

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,624 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta area

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

View Postdevilmaycare, on 23 September 2011 - 04:45 AM, said:

My mother is set to go to her mother's house in OR to check on her general health as well as her father's who lives with her mother also. My grandparents do not have a great relationship with any of their extended family and they live outside a small town and are also very old as well now. After reading your article and contemplating being alone for a very long time I have come to the basic conclusion that the lack of spiritual awareness and therefore growth is what everyone will need especially when they get old.

As we learn from a young age to ignore our own spiritual awareness's, we also remove the most important aspect of ourselves which is that we are and never were alone. I can see how that at an older age and alone with no money even a strong woman or man can be broken by this lack of simply knowing themselves and much much more.
The saying "god helps those who help themselves" is a startling fact and really has nothing to do with whether or not you or I physically help another. Whether you can or do help another is simply the nature and limits of our physical plane and means nothing from the spiritual one. I'm not religious one way or other just your average truth seeker.

Thank you very much for spending the time to read and to respond in such a thoughtful manner.

peace
Mark





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users