Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

#1    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

I want a place to record all the dogman-type encounters that are being posted recently.

Here's the first:

Hi all this is my first post as I have only really just come across this website in the last few weeks. After going a few pages into I think this forum or the crypt zoology I came across a thread and one of the replies spoken of the the ' welsh werewolf '. Now I live on the outskirts of Cardiff the capitol city of Wales and I have never heard of this. But it immediately reminded me of two separate experiences I have had in the surrounding fields and forest not 5 mins from my house. The first, I was about 11 and a friend a I were riding our bikes near the bushes when we stopped by some thick high grass we stood around for a bit. It was a sunny, clear skies but we both heard a low growling, as we were kids and we couldn't see what was making this sounds we crapped ourselves and rode of as fast we could, we haven't spoken about it since. Now the second was much mor clear, I was walking my dog along th brush of the forest whilst listening to my iPod, I was oblivious to what was going on around me, but when my dog yanked on the lead which he didn't often do I turned and took my headphone out to see why he had broken into a barking frenzy.attired I could not see the creature but it moved which drew my attention, I was stood 20ftinfornt of me stoodinbetween two trees. It was skiiny,and slender but unlike was a dog,the fur tangled but it was a charcoal colour. The reason I refuse to believe it was a dog is because it's face was elongated like a wolf . This is when it gets messed up, as I turned to run it turned to the trees stood on it's hind legs ran across the bush and into the forest. I was so scared I ran past my house and to my nans. I don't think it was a wolf because a) what sort of wolf gets up on it's hind legs and runs like a human and  the closest wolves to where I live are in longleaf safari park 80+ miles away and there have been no reports of any escapes. Now the second was experience was last march when I was 16 and to this day I can remember it perfectly. I don't want to say it is werewolf but I am being led to say that. Does anyone know what I saw ?
Cheers
Source link

Edited by Saru, 25 August 2011 - 05:38 PM.
Added source link

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

#3    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Hi Smugfish - presumably you are still looking for classic giant hyrax encounters?

Edited by Oppono Astos, 25 August 2011 - 04:56 PM.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#4    Rat Girl

Rat Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

Isn't it odd that we don't have lots of reports of 'rino men' or 'giraffe men' and yet many reports of dog men. Isn't it freaky that it centers around an extremely common animal that most of us would see every single day. Its almost like most, if not all, of the 'dog men' sightings are, wait for it......DOGS.

#5    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostRat Girl, on 25 August 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Isn't it odd that we don't have lots of reports of 'rino men' or 'giraffe men' and yet many reports of dog men. Isn't it freaky that it centers around an extremely common animal that most of us would see every single day. Its almost like most, if not all, of the 'dog men' sightings are, wait for it......DOGS.
You're be-littling the story in the OP. He clearly saw the animal run way on TWO LEGS! Not many canines do this..

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#6    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 26 August 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

You're be-littling the story in the OP. He clearly saw the animal run way on TWO LEGS! Not many canines do this..
Exactly, skepticism has no place in this thread.

#7    Rat Girl

Rat Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 26 August 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

Some canines will stand on their hind legs to look over things or get a better view over tall bushes and trees. I've seen foxes do this (yes, not technically canine, I know, but visually pretty damn close). I've seen dogs do this. Get a slender dog like a greyhound do this, or an irish wolf hound, and, in the bushes, it could look a bit freaky.
Besides which, where is the proof that this thing 'ran on two legs'? None, just this person's word on it.
What if they did indeed see a dog rearing up, then it dropped back down to all fours, thusly being obscured in the bush, and its human owner then appeared and trotted off with it, giving the appearance it was the dog 'running off on two legs'.

Im not necessarily a sceptic, Im open to things, so just screaming OMG SCEPTIC at me isn't really accurate. Im just saying that it doesn't surprise me in a world full of dogs, animals that have less fear than most getting close to people, that people see a lot of 'dog monsters'.
Usually through undergrowth and bushes.

#8    Hideout

Hideout

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

Could have been a dog.  ^_^

To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty, of nature ... If you want to learn about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the language that she speaks in.
--Richard Feynman

#9    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

View PostRat Girl, on 26 August 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

Some canines will stand on their hind legs to look over things or get a better view over tall bushes and trees. I've seen foxes do this (yes, not technically canine, I know, but visually pretty damn close). I've seen dogs do this. Get a slender dog like a greyhound do this, or an irish wolf hound, and, in the bushes, it could look a bit freaky.
Besides which, where is the proof that this thing 'ran on two legs'? None, just this person's word on it.
What if they did indeed see a dog rearing up, then it dropped back down to all fours, thusly being obscured in the bush, and its human owner then appeared and trotted off with it, giving the appearance it was the dog 'running off on two legs'.

Im not necessarily a sceptic, Im open to things, so just screaming OMG SCEPTIC at me isn't really accurate. Im just saying that it doesn't surprise me in a world full of dogs, animals that have less fear than most getting close to people, that people see a lot of 'dog monsters'.
Let's wait for more accounts then so we can make a more informed educated guess. I just found this on a google search of "bipedal wolf":

Short history: heritage - Irish and Cherokee. The bipedal wolf was seen by my fathers family when they were children. It was thought to be a living breathing animal, this was during the late 1920s thru 1930s. Seen again in adulthood by couple of them. In late 1950s, mother saw something run across our front yard on it's hind-legs one night. I have been seeing an apparition of a bipedal wolf since 1981, I'm the only family member that sees it, it has never harmed me. Has scared the you know what out of me once, but thats not harm. (I opened my eyes and it was standing over me.) Was wondering not only why it attached itself to our family but why is it bipedal, standing over six feet tall. The reason I ask is I have now confirmed there is a male voice making a loud noise in my ear. I only hear spirit voices with my right ear, like listening to someone talk when the phone is to your right ear. Thats how I know the difference between spirit talk and my own brain chatter. At first I thought I was making the noise out loud in my sleep and wrote it off. Its not a word, but a noise, sort of like the noise you make when your flustrated. Once it was a growling sound, but I feel negative energy can't enter here. Since I was always in a light stage of sleep I wrote it off.  But once I did try to make the noise when I was awake but couldn't get the voice deep enough and I could feel the vibes of the sound in my throat, which I never felt when I heard it. A couple of nights ago I had just turn off the tv and laid down when I heard the male's voice again, the flustered sound, this time I knew I was not asleep and I was not the one making the noise. The last time I ignored someone trying to get my attention I woke to the wolf standing over me, don't want to be scared like that again. Haven't tried contact yet, I did what I need to stop doing and that is go, what the hell was that, think about for about a minute, then lay down and go to sleep. I know bad habit. I just feel there is a tie in to the wolf and would like to hear your opinions. Thank you for listening.
Source
Here's another one The Fen Werewolf

He then leaned over to pull out the road atlas from under the passenger seat. ‘As I was leaning over, I heard – and felt – something brush against the outside of the car, just inches from my head. It sounded like a stiff paintbrush against the passenger door. Then, almost immediately something caught the wing mirror as it passed.’ The mirror snapped back with a loud ‘clunk’. ‘The night was utterly silent – no birds or traffic. That sound made me jump out of my skin.’ As he sat up, Michael recalls hearing another sound. He describes it as ‘the same sound my dog’s feet make when it trots across the kitchen floor’. Looking out at the road ahead, and half expecting to see a dog or a fox, he was surprised to see an upright figure standing in the middle of the road. ‘It was tall, but hunched, about five metres from the front of the car. It looked like a man with his back to me, with his head down and his collar turned up, I thought, though I couldn’t quite make it out.’

Michael flicked the headlights back on, and got the shock of his life. ‘It immediately turned and looked towards the car, apparently startled. Its proportions weren’t like that of a man. The shoulders were very broad and its arms much longer, with an arched back. Its head was large and pushed forward, almost like a bear’s. The lower body appeared hairy, but the head and neck were covered in shaggy grey fur. It looked damp and matted, like the fur on a fox, and for a moment its eyes reflected the headlights straight back like cat’s or a dog’s. I knew it was looking right at me.’ After a seconds hesitation, the figure ‘dropped on all fours’ and rapidly disappeared into the fog ahead. ‘I heard its feet for a few seconds, muffled by the fog, and then it was gone.’ The clock now read 10:59. The entire encounter had lasted less than a minute.

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 26 August 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#10    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,165 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostRat Girl, on 26 August 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

I was being sarcastic, tailormaneinafog seems to have the idea that any questioning or doubt is an insult.

#11    Long_Gone

Long_Gone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 26 August 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

Let's wait for more accounts then so we can make a more informed educated guess. I just found this on a google search of "bipedal wolf":
Source
Here's another one The Fen Werewolf

Hi SMUGFISH, good to see you again...  

Any more undeniable evidence you have? I'm convinced. seeing as people can never mis-identify animals or make up stories, and you gotta believe every anecdote and picture on the internet.

#12    Rat Girl

Rat Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 26 August 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic, tailormaneinafog seems to have the idea that any questioning or doubt is an insult.

Ohhh, no, no, I wasn't referring to you, I knew you were being sarcastic :P

#13    Rat Girl

Rat Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

tailormaneinafog, all you've done in response to my quite reasonable hypothesis is post two more unsubstantiated tales of weird creatures. And Im supposed to go 'oh! Of course! Well, it can't possibly what I suggested then, not now I've read two more reports!'

You've not provided me anything to show me my idea is wrong, or that I should believe these reports.
Where are the photos of these dogmen?
I've never, ever in my entire time being into the weird and wonderful, seen a single remotely convincing photo of a 'dogman'. Not one. Seen a few foxes peering in windows, random canine jaws, etc but no remotely interesting 'evidence'.
At least with bigfoot, there are some pics that are quite difficult to identify, and lots of pics, to boot. At least with aliens, there are a fair few unexplained videos and photos.
Dogmen? Not even a handful of photos or videos, and all are pretty unremarkable.

And perhaps I shouldn't say this, but you're talking to a therian, so Im hardly some kind of hard-headed disbeliever in anything unconventional. But do I believe in either physical shifting or dog-man hybrids? No. Sadly, I don't. Oh, I'd like to, I'd love to think 'werewolf' type creatures physically exist.
But I'd also love to see a photo of a supposed one that isn't obviously a dog, fox, or man walking through the woods.

#14    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 26 August 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

Okay, you might be right that I'm a bit tired of the same negative responses from people. This thread is for the storing of accounts and experiences with real-life cryptic animals. Here's another one:

Strange Creature in Texas
by John W.

I was just out driving one night because I was bored and wanted to get out. First I want to say that I don't drink at all or do any kinds of drugs. Usually when I'm driving I see many animals: deer, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, skunks and more, but this night I didn't see any animals out. This was very unusual.

I was about 2 miles outside of Crossplains, Texas when suddenly there was a large animal in the middle of the road eating a raccoon that had been hit by a car. I first saw a sparkle from the animal's eyes as my headlight shined up the road. I always watch for shining eyes because I know many animals are out at night.

I slowed down and stopped about 30 feet from the animal, which at first looked like a large, dark gray dog eating a on the dead animal. It was standing on all four feet and started off to the left side of the road, but only moved a few feet when it turned and went back to its meal. The "dog" then picked up the coon in its mouth and headed off the road to the right. As I watched the dog-like animal walking off the road, the animal then raised up on its hind legs as it walked toward the fence along the road. When it got to the fence, the animal jumped over the fence while still carrying the coon. I know most animals and know that a full-size coon can easily weigh 30 pounds or more.

This animal walked on its hind legs and jumped over a fence that was about five feet high and didn't even touch the fence. The animal then crouched behind some weeds and small brush. I had gotten out of my car with a flashlight to see more because I didn't know what I was seeing. I don't know of any animal like that and I have live in rural Texas areas all my life. When I shone my light on the animal, the reflection of light on the animal's eyes was red (they didn't glow red like others described in their stories); it was like when you take a picture of someone and they have a red glow from the flash. I know most animals' eyes reflect kind of blue or white sparkle when light is shown on them.

Anyway, while I was shining the light on the animal it started a very loud deep growl and then aloud hissing noise. At that point I got back into my car. I wasn't staying any longer without a gun and I didn't have a gun with me, so I then drove off. I watched the animal for a period of about 8-10 minutes before I left. The animal had no tail and did not have spikes along its back.

Source. It should be noted that I interpret the "racoon" as a dogman infant which has a band across it's nose which makes it look like a racoon. I've heard of this before in a sighting btw. The short coated grey is a female. Great story.

#15    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

Another good one:

Sighting 6-7-06, Interview 6-8-06 by phone, Location: near Reed City, Michigan

"I'm a college kid and I live in Big Rapids, and I heard people saying there is this (building) around Reed City where this thing hangs out.

We arrived there at 2:30 in the morning and there we sat. After about half an hour something caught our eye. About 50 yards to the right of us we saw something moving. We didn't think anything of it until we heard big twigs start to snap. I got out my Maglight and shined it in the area...I saw something that was not human. There were crickets all around and all of a sudden they all stopped. I kept on seeing something move over in the woods, kind of a silhouette. I thought it was deer until we shined the light on it. Must have been 6 foot nine, it was huge tall! It was a humanoid, I could see below the midsection, could see thighs but not feet. I'm believing it's bipedal. The hair was either dark brown or black, probably dark brown. must have covered most of the body, maybe an inch long. We did see one arm, one of my friends saw it. It was behind a tree, in a little wooded area, and it stood half behind the tree and half exposed, didn't move at all when we had the light on it. His arm was longer than a human's. When we saw it in the light when it was standing still it looked a little hunched.

I only got a small view of its face. I could tell that it was very hairy but it didn't remind me of a dogs face. The way the eyes set made me think of a human face, I could not see the ears, I remember the mouth to be narrow but I don't recall seeing a nose on the end of the "snout". All I could really tell about the eye color was yellow, and the eyes were a little slanted. I think it may have been some light reflection off its eyes. It has a very big forehead. When I saw the picture on your website of the sketched dogman, It didn't really look like that.

This freaked us out so bad that we had to leave in the car. We left and then said we have to figure out what this thing is ...stupid college kid idealism. After about half a mile we decided we had to go back and see what it really was. We pulled back up to the church and sat for about 5 min. before strange things started to happen. First of all we head noises all around us, I cant explain these noises but they put shivers down my spine. Then as soon as the noises stopped, a motion light on the building turned on and we heard something run away very...very fast. I was so scared I couldn't even move. (We are in the car this whole time mind you). All of a sudden my friend spots something behind us. I push my clutch in and slowly roll back to get a closer view. My friend shined the light on him and two yellow eyes stared at us. I thought it was a regular road reflector until I saw it blink. Then a feeling came over me, I felt that this thing wanted to harm us. I could tell that this thing was on two legs at the time we saw the eyes. I fired up the car and floored it, we must have of been going 40 mph and I could see in my brake lights that something was chasing us on 4 legs.
Eventually I lost the thing and had to pull over down the road to calm myself and my friends down. I don't know if this is a dogman or not but this thing is NOT human, is NOT natural, and is NOT friendly. I don't think that this is a figure of my imagination for two reasons. 1) I didn't believe in the supernatural and 2) three other people saw the exact same thing as I did. I really believe this thing could be a dogman.

We were sitting in the car after we saw it comparing it to our own bodies. We didn't really see the face until we came back. We were in the car the whole time, we could all see it from the car. There was a motion light on the side of the (building), which was abandoned, but someone was trying to remodel it. Motion light came on and that freaked us all out quite a bit, and we listened and we heard something moving very, very fast behind the church but we couldn't see it clearly; it moved ungodly fast. I looked in my rearview mirror, and I thought I saw something go by a lighted tree, then we lost it for a little bit. After we were shining the light on it, I was holding the Maglight and I was shaking so bad I actually dropped it

My buddy who was sitting in back of my hatchback car said what's that, and in tall weeds on the side of the road were two yellow eyes, kind of slanted in a way. It didn't have a long snout like a dog, but the snout was narrow. It wasn't human and wasn't dog. It wasn't flat-faced like human, all I saw was hair underneath what I presumed to be a jaw.
Like a cape or mane. From what I saw, it was kind of slender in stature, not beefy, I would guess 210-220 pounds. The head reminded me of a canine shape, the kind of triangle-looking head. It was looking completely straight on at us. It could have had ears but was too dark to see them. So whether they sat farther back or not I'm not sure. I've seen pictures of Bigfoot but I don't think this was Bigfoot.

That night I got home and I was so intrigued and freaked out I sat down and Googled "Dogman" and got your website. I had the distinct feeling that this thing wanted to hurt us. Maybe it might be the fear of the unknown. Might have been the fact that it was slightly hunched. I was a skeptic before last night. Four guys saw the exact same thing. Another thing, the second time when we left the eyes were behind the car, the guy looking back thought he saw something come and go from two to four legs.

This is not the first time a friend of mine has seen it. He's been there two times, he showed us where it was. He was very, very quiet. It was not a human in a suit or a bear. I'll put a Bible on what I just said. Two reasons it wasn't a human. It could maneuver well on four legs, and just moved so fast. (The building) didn't have graffiti on its exterior. Never saw the back of the building so didn't notice if any was there.

I believe there is a swamp somewhere around there. I heard there was more than one of these things. Some person said there were four or five of them. One of my friends that went with us said him and a couple of buddies were driving by in a Firebird very slowly, and they saw the eyes, and it chased after them and put scratches in the trunk of his car. But I didn't see that. This is really, really goofy. I'd like to go back with a video camera. I am majoring in radiology, so I know enough about the body systems and anatomy to tell about the features. I didn't notice any reproductive organs; there was a lot of hair in that area. This thing didn't get any closer than 40 feet, but when I fired the car up the guy in back said it went down on all fours and went really fast. I didn't see the eyes until we flashed the light on it. I don't think this was paranormal; it was biological. Not ghostly.

I was not aware that others things like this were going on at the time I saw this thing. The only reason I refer to it as a dogman is the fact that I have heard through local legend that it was a dogman. So, I really had no idea that there were other sightings of dogmen or the body style it had." - John

Source

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users