Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

#151    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

(Dover Demon) Other witnesses have claimed the creature had green eyes and seemingly smooth, chalky gray toned skin, three feet tall, and made a bloodcurdling noise, similar to a hawk's screech combined with a snakes hiss. But all witnesses say it had no ears, mouth, nose, or known sex. Witnesses also agree that it stalks in the trees and waits to scare its next victim.
This now sounds like a female infant of the larger sized smooth skinned grey mum. Maybe wondered off, fascinated by the bright lights and curious beings below..

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#152    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Just posted:

I live in nortern nh near the vermont border. Me and a few others were out bow hunting in the middle of some remote woods when we see something just outside of our area we had bait setup for deer. It walked like a bear but it was much much larger but not as big as the local moose herd. The weirder part is we found a ravaged fisher cat body about a mile away from the spot we seen it at. Now if ya
know fishercats they got no real predators since they are nocturnal and the are very vicious i never seen teeth marks like what tore it apart.  Any ideas?

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#153    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,133 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

tailormaneinafog, on 01 November 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

This now sounds like a female infant of the larger sized smooth skinned grey mum.
What kind of creature would that be?

#154    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

Just posted yesterday. The circling aspect and fright of the boxer dogs makes me think that this yellow eyed critter could be something more than a big cat:

I thought about sharing my experience as today Big Cat sightings are back in the news.

I was always a bit sceptical about big cat sightings up until the last couple of years. However I am at an age when I remember the trend to keep big cats as pets. I vaguely remember a guy who use to walk a Lion on a dog lead up and down Sutton high street when I was child. The change in the law in 1976 has always brought into question whether people released their animals into the wild as I understand it was extremely difficult, if not impossible to re-home these pets due to shear volume at the time. Up to date only a handful of people have come forward and admitted it, even though it wasn't illegal to do so until 1981. Zoo's also admit being swamped with requests but not having the space, what happened to all these animals is definitely a question that has never been answered.

I did follow stories or sightings and have seen a quite a few dubious pictures. In my heart of hearts I thought that they cannot still be about because you would need breeding populations for them to survive this long. On the plus side however the UK certainly has a climate suitable for wild cats and the food sources are certainly ample with all the farming we do.

My feelings changed in 2006 when some close friends had an experience in Cranleigh in Surrey which is a few miles from Guildford. For those who do not know the area it is probably the most rural part of Surrey with miles upon miles of farms and woodland. The friends who I will not name are the most solid people I know. Both have professional jobs in education and would certainly not strike you as people who would make up a story for no reason.

They were out as a family on a Sunday driving past Cranleigh on there way to Guildford. The car in front of them stopped and was waiting to do a right hand turn. One of them looked over to the left and saw what looked like a long black tail waving up a near by tree. At this point that is all they could see as the trunk obscured the view of what the tail was attached too. At this point two adults and two children could clearly see this tail. When the car in front made it's turn they were able to slowly creep forward in the car which gave them them the angle to clearly see what they described as being a black Panther. The size was around the size of a Labrador dog and they were approximately 25 feet away from it. They had stopped the car at this point and were trying to get a picture on a mobile phone when a car shot up behind hooting it's horn and the driver waving his hands furiously at them. They tried to signal him what they were seeing but in typical British aggressive driving he responded with the finger and mouthing obscenities at them. They decided to pull off and drove into the next lay by to let Mr Angry past. They turned around and came back but unfortunately the animal had left the scene. They never reported this as without photo evidence they even began to question themselves on what they had seen. They have only told a handful of people and prefer not to talk about it at all now, sometimes they do after a glass of wine or two and mainly in jest.

Now I would like to tell you about my experience which happened in March 2010. This took place in a small village called Storrington which is in West Sussex, approximately 8 miles from Worthing on the South Coast. I had moved in with my partner in to some new build houses which backed onto the South Downs. Immediately behind the house was a large field which the local farmer often kept Sheep on. When the field was clear it was a great place to walk the dogs. At this point we had two white Boxer dogs, the male dog is deaf so he isn't very alert when he is out. However the female who was a local character was extremely brave and would hunt rabbits given the chance on this field. Nothing seemed to frighten her and see was very inquisitive and would often run off miles away investigating things, sadly she died of cancer this year.

This all started with a chat with our neighbours, they also had a Boxer dog who they walked on that field but they knew the farmer. He wasn't pointing the finger at us but they had warned us to be careful in the field as he was getting fed up with dog walkers as he had had a couple of sheep supposedly attacked by what he thought was dogs. In all honestly it probably was dogs but my experience has put doubts in my mind. Anyway back to the story, we often walked the dogs when it was very dark in that field after they had eaten. We use to take a couple of 4 cell Maglites to keep an eye on the dogs and to check the field was clear of sheep.

This particular evening it was very dark as there was cloud cover so no usual moonlight to help. My partner and I got over the sty and let the dogs off into the field as usual. As I shone the torch about I could see the odd eyes probably rabbits that would freeze when the beam hit them. All of them were fairly far away and there was definitely no sheep. Anna (the female boxer) did her usual thing of haring off into the distance. we began to follow the small trail which leads into the middle of the field when Anna unusually returned to us and wouldn't leave our side. We thought she was tired so were going to head back when my torch caught the reflection of some eyes. These were certainly not rabbits, they were much closer, higher off the ground and had a wide space in between. It is difficult at night to gauge distance but I reckon about 25-35 feet away. Both my partner and I stood stunned and I must admit I felt nervous. We turned back and leashed the deaf dog, but allowed Anna to stay free. As we walked back I kept turning around and the eyes remained stationary. About the fourth time I shone the torch on it it began moving, however not away from us. In fact it began a semi-circular route around us, not particularly fast and I can seriously say I felt I was being stalked. You could also hear it moving through the longer grass, a sound very similar to when the dogs run through it. It made all in all two complete loops of us. We stayed very close together and quickly made it over the sty. At this point I felt safer so I tried to study it more but never made anything out visually other than those eyes.

On getting home my partner and I remained stunned. we tried to come up with explanations like another dog however nothing added up as Anna was a devil with other dogs and would always investigate. Without a doubt she had been spooked by something but what. I also believe the animal must have been dark in colour as the torch displayed nothing even though being a very powerful piece of equipment. I made no reports other than too a Big Cat sight who never responded. This year I moved from that area so I doubt I will ever get to know what it was.

Sorry this is a bit long and doesn't contain more compelling evidence. Really I think you would have to be there to feel the way I do about it. It's a thing I also don't feel comfortable talking about always so makes me wonder if their are others like me who have not spoken up.

Anyway thanks for reading.

Me: "Thanks for sharing. Very interesting details. Were the eyes a red colour by any chance? Did the critter seem to run at a very fast pace at all in a burst of short energy?"

Answer: "The eyes were yellow. I wouldn't say it ran although it is difficult to say as I could only see the eyes. It seemed to keep a constant pace which was quicker than we were walking. As I say I cant imagine what it could have been, considering the largest animal other than a dog you will encounter in that area is a Badger. It seemed much taller than a Badger."

#155    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

These two were just posted which have mechanical devices not working and one has the featureless face:

I already posted this in sub-forum of a differentsection but am worried it's not that visible, I'm just interested in getting a few opinions.

Obviously there will be skeptics and that's fine. Just be civil if you don't believe and want to comment.

This happened two years ago when I was 18 and me and a group of friends went exploring in the abandoned parts of what used to be a mental asylum at Connecticut Valley Hospital. There was seven of us (guys and girls) and we were all skeptics.

Like almost any abandoned building, the place was super creepy but upon entering I instantly got this inexplicable feeling of despair or fear or something I can't really describe. We explored and although everyone was seemingly brave it was obvious everyone was at least a little creeped out.

After about half an hour I volunteered to stay by myself in what we thought was a patients old room. My friends had been gone about five minutes when I got another inexplicable sensation. I felt nauseous and apprehensive. Suddenly the room started spinning and I fainted.

At almost the exact same time two of my friends (one guy, one girl) swear they some sort of shadow or shilouete that suddenly disappeared. They claim, it was like the shape of a human but apparently saw no features. Freaked out, they decided to come find me and leave.

Unsuprisingly their fear only increased when they rushed back to the room and found me laid out unconscious on the floor. Apparently without wasting any time one of the guys grabbed me, threw me over his shoulder and followed everyone else out.

I came to once we were outside and was able to walk back to the car.

Once we were driving home I happened to glance at my watch. It's a genuine Rolex Oyster Perpetual, a gift from my grandfather. It had frozen, at what more or less must have been the time when I collapsed and my friends saw the figures.

I've posted this story and other sites so I should clarify some points that have been raised already:

This was to primarily explore the abandoned Connecticut Valley Mental Hospital, it was not a ghost hunt, although he had heard some stories about the place which no one believed.

I've never before or since fainted in my life.

The watch wasn't broken from the fall. It had stopped but was working again soon afterward. It winds automatically and shouldn't have stopped at all. Also, the watch isn't old and is in good condition.

I 100% believe my friends saw something. The two couldn't lie that well.

So what do you think? Potential paranormal experience, coincidence or something else?

Ok so there's this friend of mine, she lives on 14 acres. Well ever since i started to go there frequently, i've been having trouble getting off her property. Never had trouble before i started going on a daily basis, and it's only when i leave late at night (after sun set), but today was strange, i had trouble getting onto her property. My truck got stuck so i put it in 4 wheel drive, and still wasn't moving, (yes i had my truck in drive, i've done this same routine every monday through thursday mornings for the past two months or so.). Well after about 5 minutes, i had a loud thud and my truck started moving again. Well i moved a few feet and stopped my truck, got out and looked at the spot where i got stuck in, and there was no evidence that i was stuck at all, there were no holes where my tires would have dug into the ground to get out. The only thing there was the tire marks where i had driven. It wouldn't have been an ancient burial ground, because there's sewage/water pipes, and electric wires running through the land, but there was "supposely" a murder that happened upon the land in the 1980's that a body was never found, it's believed that the body was buried on the land somewhere.
If anyone can help me figure out what this means, please feel free to give your input. Right now i'm open to anything, i've been dealing with hauntings and paranormal activity for my entire life, and not once have i run into something like this.

So the ideas that were given to me so far was that something was wrong with my truck, i'll vouch for my truck, there is nothing wrong with it. This was the first and only time that it has ever happened, if it was the transmission, it would do it more often, but it's not.

#156    Steve Waggonner

Steve Waggonner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

So, you believe my friends saw a 'Dogman'?

#157    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Steve Waggonner, on 11 November 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

So, you believe my friends saw a 'Dogman'?

Lol Steve, I'm going to guess in this thread, the answer is yes.. Apparently ghosts, shadows, dogs, cats, dog/cat crossbreeds, sheep/cow crossbreeds, glowbirds, otters, garden gnomes, kangaroos, bigfoot, hyraxes, radio DJ April fools jokes, and most not clearly identified quad and bipedal things are dogmen.

Seems like this thread is just limping along on the OP's power to randomly CCP stories sometimes citing the source, often not, and they don't actually have to have anything to do with dogmen fairly often.

#158    Steve Waggonner

Steve Waggonner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

rashore, on 11 November 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Lol Steve, I'm going to guess in this thread, the answer is yes.. Apparently ghosts, shadows, dogs, cats, dog/cat crossbreeds, sheep/cow crossbreeds, glowbirds, otters, garden gnomes, kangaroos, bigfoot, hyraxes, radio DJ April fools jokes, and most not clearly identified quad and bipedal things are dogmen.

Seems like this thread is just limping along on the OP's power to randomly CCP stories sometimes citing the source, often not, and they don't actually have to have anything to do with dogmen fairly often.
Yeah, don't quite get the connection myself, lol.

But then I'm not that familiar with this thread. I'm happy enough to wait for the OP to explain the theory of it, even if it seems pretty far-fethced.

Edited by Steve Waggonner, 11 November 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#159    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

Steve Waggonner, on 11 November 2011 - 04:33 PM, said:

Yeah, don't quite get the connection myself, lol.

But then I'm not that familiar with this thread. I'm happy enough to wait for the OP to explain the theory of it, even if it seems pretty far-fethced.
It's a looong story Steve. I suggest you just read all the eye-witness reports and come to your own conclusions. It takes time for it to sink iin.

#160    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Just posted:

Before I had any visual experience with any type of cryptid I was always a believer in the back of my head. I questioned the existence of such beings because I had never seen anything like it. I am 16 years old, and have never posted my three experiences anywhere else, and very few select people know.

Experience #1:

Conditions: Day break, sunny.
Date: Early summer, 2010.

I have 3 German Sheppard's, and they have an outside kennel next to my garden. I was laying in my bed awakened by my barking dogs. I walked into my bathroom to look out the window. In the corner of my garden there was a creature that I could not explain. If I had to estimate about 7 1/2 or 8 feet tall. The creature had really wide and broad shoulders. It had reddish/brown color hair/fur. The creature also had a really bad pungent odor. I have hunted since I was the age of 13 and have never seen anything like this.

Experience #2:

Conditions: Clear, sunny day.
Date: Mid-summer 2011.

I was riding my dirt bike down an old logging road to an ash dump that was frequently used by other recreational ATV'ers. The trail I was using I had obtained permission and this was the first time it had been used since it was logged out 4-5 years ago. As I driving, I seen a brownish/redish creature dash across the trail and down a valley in front of me. I killed my dirt bike instantly and I heard something crashing through the brush/tree's down in the valley. I fired up my dirtbike and got out of there as quickly as I could. This was a very brief sighting.

Those are my personal experiences. I am prepared for some skepticism as I read posts on here before posting.
Thank you for your time.

#161    Steve Waggonner

Steve Waggonner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

tailormaneinafog, on 12 November 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

It's a looong story Steve. I suggest you just read all the eye-witness reports and come to your own conclusions. It takes time for it to sink iin.

Yes, well unfortunatley I'm not much help in that regard as I was unconscious at the time.

Edited by Steve Waggonner, 12 November 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#162    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Steve Waggonner, on 12 November 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

Yes, well unfortunatley I'm not much help in that regard as I was unconscious at the time.
How many similar reports to those of your friends would it take for you to believe in the cryptid with a magnetic gaze hypothesis? 100? 1000?

#163    Steve Waggonner

Steve Waggonner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

tailormaneinafog, on 14 November 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

How many similar reports to those of your friends would it take for you to believe in the cryptid with a magnetic gaze hypothesis? 100? 1000?
But they just saw a shadowy figure. Seems a bit of a leap to go from Shadow Figure to Dogman.

From reading the story do you believe that's what it was?

Edited by Steve Waggonner, 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#164    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Steve Waggonner, on 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

But they just saw a shadowy figure. Seems a bit of a leap to go from Shadow Figure to Dogman.

From reading any story he believes its a dogman

#165    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

Steve Waggonner, on 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

I've spent years piecing together the evidence. It goes against everything that we've been taught in the 'modern' western world, that's why it's difficult to swallow. Most civilisations, including our own in the past, believed in such creatures which can produce such a scary presence. If you just look at the bare facts, then yes, I do believe that's what they saw. Something real, flesh and blood, clever and fast enough to stay one step ahead of humanity's prying eyes.

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 15 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users