Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The smelly ghoul of Fort Bragg

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Paul Dale Roberts</strong>
Image credit: Paul Dale Roberts
Paul Dale Roberts: HPI Investigators present: Paul Dale Roberts/HPI General Manager; John Shue/Videographer; Regina Tellez; Judy Raderchak; Jennifer Van Wormer. Occupants present: Polly Bishop; Angie Wilder; Shawndra Findley; Scrappy the Boxer and Nova the Boston Terrier. I will have the occupants tell their own experiences in their own words. I will start off with Polly Bishop first.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    daylj2010

daylj2010

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

Very interesting story. My brother is at Fort Bragg and I wonder if he knows where this house is?

#3    portraitartist

portraitartist

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

• "I am in a lovers quarrell with the world" Robert Frost

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Wow, that is a very good story. I really enjoyed it and it was a little scary too. My dad did his airborne training at Fort Bragg. Can you get more info on the house and its former occupants? Good story..

#4    Rob Awesome

Rob Awesome

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• If we don't have an apocolypse soon I'll have to find work

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

I know I'm a grammer Nazi, but I just can't get into an article when it has a bunch of mis-spellings and typos.  It is an interesting read though.

The "mean to"s make an unhappy one

#5    theGhost_and_theDarkness

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Tsavo Maneater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. - Norman Cousins

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

Every time I read a story about a ghost and a horrible smell, it takes me back to a house that I used to live in.

Possums, squirrels, and all other kinds of small furry things would crawl either under our house or in our walls and die. That is not a smell you forget, and finding the source can be a b****. The smells can migrate and turn up in places far from the source. We never found the source of quite a few of them, and we had to wait it out.

I'm not saying there isn't something paranormal going on, but I go by the law of parsimony. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, and, at the very least, it needs to be completely ruled out before going any further.

Gah, I just realized what a buzzkill I can be. . .how depressing. . . :hmm:

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users