Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#1    Pestarzt

Pestarzt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/RhNdxdveK7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#2    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Question for you Pestarzt...

What exactly do you think Ed Mitchell "comes clean" about in this interview?

#3    Pestarzt

Pestarzt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Probably he is just taking part in a wider information and easing program connected to his Government.

I see no Government or NASA officials standing up and saying Mitchell is talking out of his ass by the way.

#4    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

View PostPestarzt, on 04 September 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

Probably he is just taking part in a wider information and easing program connected to his Government.

I see no Government or NASA officials standing up and saying Mitchell is talking out of his ass by the way.
Why would the government or NASA officials make any mention about this at all?  Mitchell has made it perfectly clear that everything he has to offer on this subject comes from second and third hand accounts.  None of it is verifiable and he doesn't have direct knowledge of any of it.  He hasn't seen alien artifacts, alien beings, alien spacecraft, etc...  He has been told about such things by others who claim to be in the know.

In other words, he is expressing his belief in this matter and nothing more.

#5    Pestarzt

Pestarzt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

Why?    :lol:  because of what he has implied they know and knew. I understand you HAD to ask, but really Boony.

I would say plenty of it is verifiable, if you have been to personally see the man and those he refers to i suggest you will come away with your tail between your legs.

#6    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

We've had this discussion many times before. Without getting into discussions of dictionary definitions and semantics--which irritate me no end because they remind me of middle school English teachers--I would say that Mitchell's opinions are based on fact rather than pie in the sky speculation. He has his anonymous sources in the military and intelligence agencies, the people he knows around Roswell, and has also been briefed on aliens and UFOs.

He never names these people, but he's only saying things that that many other witnesses and documents confirm.

Edited by TheMcGuffin, 04 September 2011 - 05:44 PM.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#7    Pestarzt

Pestarzt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

oh wait.... how can i be sure that you saw the same video as me? uh ohhhhh

Damn.....  :rolleyes:

#8    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

And even if Mitchell had seen aliens in person (so to speak) the "skeptics" would say that he was lying, senile or had really seen swamp gas reflected off the planet Venus.  This is what they always do in every case, so it's a no-win situation.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheMcGuffin, 04 September 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#9    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostPestarzt, on 04 September 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

Why?    :lol:  because of what he has implied they know and knew. I understand you HAD to ask, but really Boony.
A lot of people have claimed that the government and NASA are hiding proof of ET visitation.  That doesn't mean that they are.  And I don't see the government and NASA making statements about the claims that come from other sources either.  Why should they treat this one any different?

View PostPestarzt, on 04 September 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

I would say plenty of it is verifiable, if you have been to personally see the man and those he refers to i suggest you will come away with your tail between your legs.
Alright, I'll bite.  Show me some that is verifiable.  Send me running with my tail between my legs.  I'd love nothing more than to see some verifiable proof of ET visitation.

#10    Pestarzt

Pestarzt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

HAHA!!

Quite right McGuffin... it was an aeroplanes lights as well LOL

Skeptics god bless them....they really don't know when to stop!

#11    Pestarzt

Pestarzt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 September 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

A lot of people have claimed that the government and NASA are hiding proof of ET visitation.  That doesn't mean that they are.  And I don't see the government and NASA making statements about the claims that come from other sources either.  Why should they treat this one any different?

Erm... he's an Astronaut who was the 6th man on the moon..

Alright, I'll bite.  Show me some that is verifiable.  Send me running with my tail between my legs.  I'd love nothing more than to see some verifiable proof of ET visitation.

Boon. I KNOW and have personally seen a craft but i cannot show you proof! This does not mean it did not happen.

#12    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 04 September 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

And even if Mitchell had seen aliens in person (so to speak) the "skeptics" would say that he was lying, senile or had really seen swamp gas reflected off the planet Venus.  This is what they always do in every case, so it's a no-win situation.  
The no-win situation is that people attempt to make a case without verifiable evidence to adequately back up the claim.  Your frustration with the "skeptics" is misdirected.  The "skeptics" are merely demanding what you are unable to provide, which would be adequate proof of the claim.  You should focus your frustration on those elusive aliens who seem to hide their tracks so effectively all the time.

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 04 September 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
No, that isn't swamp gas.  That is a piece of artwork.  And no, it isn't proof of alien visitation either.

But it is a bit funny, I'll give you that. :P

#13    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Fortunately, we have these blue-ribbon committees to tell us that all UFOs are imaginary.  Nothing to worry about, folks, everything is under control:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostPestarzt, on 04 September 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Erm... he's an Astronaut who was the 6th man on the moon..
So what?  How many other former astronauts, military men, and government officials have stepped forward with similar expressions?  Quite a few I'd say; which is probably why so many people find the assumption of ET visitation so credible.

But has the government or NASA come forward in response to them?  No, why would they?

View PostPestarzt, on 04 September 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

Boon. I KNOW and have personally seen a craft but i cannot show you proof! This does not mean it did not happen.
So does this mean that what you previously said about plenty of it being verifiable was incorrect?

I understand that you believe very strongly and are convinced that there is no other possible explanation for what you saw.  In that sense I accept your proclamation that you "KNOW."  It is the same type of faith that I have for my belief in God, and my faith in that is unshakable despite the fact that I wouldn't be able to prove the existence of God to another person if my life depended on it.

That being said, I find the two incomparable in many ways.  If ET visitation is real, I honestly do believe that we should be able to prove it as a physical reality.  That we haven't been able to yet is a big red flag in my mind.

#15    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 04 September 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

- post removed -
Yeah, like the explanation some people suggest about them being alien piloted vehicles. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users