Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man takes pet 6ft snake on shopping trip

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,038 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

www.dailyrecord.co.uk said:

A man was kicked out of his local Asda - for taking his pet snake with him on a shopping trip.

Staff and customers were stunned when Chaz Watson strolled into the Dundee store with boa constrictor Gismo draped around his neck.

Some petrified shoppers looked on in horror as the 45-year-old wandered the aisles before being told to leave by management.

Chaz claimed he made the trip to test the store's no dog policy "to the limit".

He said the five-year-old, 6ft-long reptile posed no danger to other shoppers and that he did not know what all the fuss was about.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

He said the five-year-old, 6ft-long reptile posed no danger to other shoppers and that he did not know what all the fuss was about.

Okay, I know perfectly well that the ever prevalent fear of snakes among the human populace is largely irrational, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect other people's phobias.  The snake probably wasn't a danger at all, yes, but neither are my pet Tarantulas and you don't see me walking into Walmart with one chilling on my shoulder.  Common sense would have helped here.  The snake could have been hurt if it had scared someone bad enough. :hmm:

#3    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostVerneph, on 06 September 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Okay, I know perfectly well that the ever prevalent fear of snakes among the human populace is largely irrational, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect other people's phobias.  The snake probably wasn't a danger at all, yes, but neither are my pet Tarantulas and you don't see me walking into Walmart with one chilling on my shoulder.  Common sense would have helped here.  The snake could have been hurt if it had scared someone bad enough. :hmm:
I agree.  I understand that the man needed grceries, but he should have left the snake at home. :yes:

#4    TheBanana

TheBanana

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• please dont eat me!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

i think its kinda cool, i would love to go out and see someone take a snake shopping....but the shop said no dogs, so its kinda logical to assume any other animal would not be ok either...maybe the rule should be changed to "no animals" cause if they say no dogs or snakes, whats to stop someone bringing a cat, or a hamster, or a tarantula?

*~Kay, Banana Queen and admin of TheMostHauntedForum.com~*

#5    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

People walk around with Bull Mastiffs, a bull Mastiff is many, many times more dangerous than a python, and far more like to attack you.

Hell, people walk around with ferrets fairly often, they are viscious! will bite just about anything.

I see no problem with a man bringing a snake shopping.

#6    jbefumo

jbefumo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Is that a boa constrictor in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

#7    Rhino666

Rhino666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

I bet all the money I don't have that snake was not a danger to anyone other than the owner. It's not like it has legs and can chase people.

#8    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,686 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

View PostRhino666, on 08 September 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

It's not like it has legs and can chase people.

You're kidding right?

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#9    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

View Post:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, on 08 September 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

You're kidding right?

LOL, had to chuckle at the quote you had there.  :tu:

I guess I wouldn't bring my pet to a WalMart, even if it was allowed, because it's kind of a hassle. Most GUYS just go to get in, get out anyways.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 08 September 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#10    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” –Martin Reese, British Astronomer

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

I bring my python everywhere I go... and the ladies love it. lol!

#11    Rhincewind

Rhincewind

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

I saw a parrot at a carboot sale once, It was on a guys sholder and wearing a harness

#12    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,837 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

I used to have a friend in high school who would bring his baby snake(I believe it was a boa but I can't remember for sure) to school with him every day.  He was training it to be used to crowds and human contact to make it as tame as possible.  It was maybe a foot and a half long to two feet long and he would carry it around in his pocket or around his neck.

Surprisingly, it took over two weeks before an anonymous complaint was made and he was told not to bring it anymore.

#13    IllEatUrMind

IllEatUrMind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• Must Keep My Secrets Untold, Until The Wrongs Are Right, The Only One I Could Deceive

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

awwwwww thats sweet! haha i'd bring my snake around too if it was a nice day. haha that's a good owner. :DD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users