Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could NASA Launch a Secret Moon Mission?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46    Xpeople

Xpeople

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

There is no reason for a secret manned to the moon any ways.  Since national security was not the reason we went to the moon.  The real question is how could they hide a manned mission to the moon?

#47    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

View Posteqgumby, on 07 September 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

I think this is a film and requires a suspension of disbelief as most fiction does..

I agree. I haven't seen the film as yet, but I think I am going to enjoy it... as fiction. It's like "Capricorn 1" - errors and holes you could sail an aircraft carrier through, but if you just forget that, it's a very good movie.

I still say Telly Savalas stole the movie, with Karen Black a close second.

#48    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 08 September 2011 - 05:03 AM, said:

Re entry into the middle of the Pacific, you wouldn;t hear a thing. If it was said to be just a recovery of some samples from the moon have it enter were ever you like. How would you have any idea what the recovery was for but returning lunar samples. If that`s what they said then thats what they said. Try to argue it lol

Sorry, I didn't mean the Apollo capsules. I guess the booms are probably when it's (the shuttle) landing (at KSC). It's really loud, the whole house shakes. :P

MID can probly vouch for me, surprised he's not commented in this thread yet.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 08 September 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#49    6181143919

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• What a terrible monster I am.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

No! in the 80's the U.S. launched a rocket from Norway to the North pole (for some stupid reason), the message was past down to the big cheese in Russia, who thought i MAY have been an act of war, bla! bla! bla! Any way they must inform other countries!!

#50    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

View Post6181143919, on 08 September 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

No! in the 80's the U.S. launched a rocket from Norway to the North pole (for some stupid reason), the message was past down to the big cheese in Russia, who thought i MAY have been an act of war, bla! bla! bla! Any way they must inform other countries!!

Norway has a sounding rocket launch site and they do a lot of research launches...much like Wallops Island, VA and White Sands, NM. But these days, ALL launches are announced and all interested parties are informed, just to avoid any unpleasant scares...it's a Treaty thing. Makes real good sense.

#51    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostStellar, on 07 September 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

And theres a little more to detonating an atomic bomb than there is to a munition stockpile accidentally exploding. Whats your point?

Ah, but when the Manhattan Project was being tested, very few even had an inkling about nuclear weapons so the cover story was perfectly believable.  The communities were also quite a bit more isolated than they are now.  It's not like some dir farmer in NV heard the explosion, pulled out his IPhone, and started Tweeting about it.

Let's also point out that the US Air Force's "top secret" space plane wasn't even able to get into orbit without everyone in the world knowing about and knowing when it returned.  We didn't know what it was doing up there, we did know that it was there.

http://www.popsci.co...ths-coming-home

Edited by Rafterman, 08 September 2011 - 06:54 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#52    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

There is a secret space program, and things like this have been going on for a long time, developing weapons that can hit targets in space.  In this case the military decided to publicize some of its capabilities.

BANG!

Then the NRO is always launching its secret spy satellites:

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#53    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

Peter Levenda also gave a talk about the secret space program, which has in part been concealed by disinformation and fake UFO reports.  I have no problem with the idea that some of the "UFOs" are really ours, and that the government has been using these reports to conceal military tests, electronic warfare and creating false targets and decoys on radar, etc, etc.  That's been going on for a long time.  I don't think it explains all UFO reports, but certainly some of them.

Levenda points out that the FBI even had a secret UFO investigation back in the 1940s called Special Matters X, which employed some interesting characters, and a strange "church" that was connected with the FBI and intelligence agencies.

#54    Mike 215

Mike 215

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

One of the main points of Apollo 18 is that NASA was willing to sacrifice the lives of the astronauts because they were infected with alien bugs. In read life, would the space agency do such a thing?

#55    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

As Levenda points out, the secret space program existed for at least ten years before NASA and employed many of the Nazi scientists being brought over to the US.  Their true records were sanitized to make it appear that they were mere technicians who did not share the Nazi ideology, but that was not true at all.  Nor were they necessarily friends of the United States, to put it mildly.

Back during the Cold War, no one was able to tell the truth about all these Nazi connections or what they were really doing.  I found out myself when I wrote about how all the Nazi war criminals in Germany were freed in the 1950s and that certainly got suppressed and sidelined.  I never had any doubt that the military and intelligence agencies simply didn't want this subject discussed during the Cold War and for the most part it wasn't.  We also know these German scientists were very interested in UFOs and possible alien contacts, and that some of them even claimed to have contacted ETs.  Their own ideas about space technologies were also highly advanced by the standards of the time.

So Leveneda may well be on to something when he suggests that a parallel space program has always existed in the US, and that it has never really wanted to share resources and information with NASA.

Edited by TheMcGuffin, 09 September 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#56    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

View PostMike 215, on 08 September 2011 - 11:46 PM, said:

One of the main points of Apollo 18 is that NASA was willing to sacrifice the lives of the astronauts because they were infected with alien bugs. In read life, would the space agency do such a thing?

Some genius would probably want us to bring them back here for scientific purposes, which would then eventually spiral into zombie chaos or something.

#57    ScienceDominates

ScienceDominates

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• Warning: Contains Mature Themes, War Footage

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 09 September 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

Some genius would probably want us to bring them back here for scientific purposes, which would then eventually spiral into zombie chaos or something.
Holy ****. that's a fine plot.. being a zombie fan...

If you know you can access the evidence then there's no need to take it on faith. If you're not going to teach yourself to understand it (which is fair), then it's more trust than faith.
Never substitute fear for reason.
Zooniverse - Participate in actual science.

#58    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

View PostScienceDominates, on 09 September 2011 - 01:29 AM, said:

Holy ****. that's a fine plot.. being a zombie fan...

Wow, yeah...I don't think I've seen a zombie flick with that kind of premise before.  :tu:

#59    septic peg

septic peg

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

View PostObviousman, on 08 September 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

I agree. I haven't seen the film as yet, but I think I am going to enjoy it...

Well I thought that it'd be a good movie too, and have just finished watching it all online. Amazing what you can find by asking google .... "watch 'whatever' free online"!

Now that said...if I had a choice to watch it again I prolly wouldnt. Not on a pc screen anyway...As a sci fi flick its... ho-hum really, IMO. But that depends what you want in a moon movie I guess.. If I was a teen Id prolly like it...   Like most here I will watch pretty much any sci-fi / moon/mars stuff...but its not one Id have in my collection

And I dont want to give the plot away and say too much but if youre hoping to see aliens,or UFOs forget it!!!  The 'aliens' were....well... a bit like in the movie 'The Thing'... in fact  very very similar to THE THING but not as scary or gruesome. Moon bugs!! Cunningly disguised as rocks.

I didn't like the constantly shaky cam shots like blair witch, or the light always flickering. Youd have thought being a moon movie the directors may have asked the actors to at least look a bit weightless or 'float' a bit, around their lander, but no...so that kind of killed it there and then, but I guess thats not sooo important.

Now it would maybe have been nice, if the aliens were presented as we may think aliens are, or if there was a shot of Alien crafts on a craters edge 'warning us off', like the old internet rumours....but sadly no..

Blair witch style shooting... daft moments like getting the 'already-there-for-some-time-Russian-lander,  which had been wrecked a bit... flying again.. (left there as the Russians had kicked the bucket months before)...

But enough said already!

Watch and decide for yourselves!! It wasnt so painfully bad an experience....  but I began watching at 4am UK time, so maybe Im just a bit too tired!!

Edited by septic peg, 09 September 2011 - 04:33 AM.

#60    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,842 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 09 September 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

That'd make a much better plot.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users