Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

EPA Declares Hay a Pollutant

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Demoralize the masses, they will eventually conform.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 09 September 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#17    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 09 September 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

They will, as long as they can keep up to the emission standards or are older than 25 years (after that they are considered classic cars and therefore donot need to conform any other road standards as those that existed in its time.I know because a friend of mine has a '63 Mercedes 220,and only because he does not need a seatbelt to drive in it).

And,as sorry as I am,we know that high concentration of micro smoke (especially expelled by Diesel cars and trucks) cause lung cancer. Why should those who live near congested areas be at risk of contracting it just because you insist on driving your old clunker?

That is not taken any freedom away beyond giving the right to a healthy life to those people. Perfectly legit.
What you write is fascinating, because at the same time various government forbid the use of old cars, they narrow all streets to the point of making dangerous to drive faster than 20 miles an hour which in case you don't know makes cars idle longer and pollute more and to top it all they allow those obnoxious mopeds with 49.9 cc two strokes engines that are not only a noise pollution nightmare, but also a nasty smoking petarading ( :P )smelling pollution making.  Two strokes engines have been banned in the US in the late 80's early 90's (methink)... but EU keeps them going. So your argument about cancer giving diesel engine doesn't hold water.  My Citroen Xsara diesel doesn't pollute as much as 1 (one) of those little 49.9 vicious machine.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#18    grunder

grunder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

View Postninjadude, on 08 September 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

Interesting. And it's on every conservative blog on the planet. But not so much at any EPA site. The best I could find was a page that said that hay bales should not be used in pollution control.

Is this real or something made up?
I don't see a problem, R-CALF USA sounds like a reliable news source to me.

#19    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,790 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

This is a continuation of the anti-EPA right wing publicity campaign conducted through the blogsphere.

It's not just that the House GOP is pushing—and will likely pass—a bill that would bar the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating planet-warming emissions and nullify the agency's scientific finding that those gases endanger human health. Congressional Republicans have mounted an all-out assault on the EPA, pushing a lengthy list of measures to handcuff the agency from exercising its regulatory authority. For good measure, they are also trying to slash the agency's budget by a third.

http://motherjones.c...ican-epa-ambush

And just to clarify - large quantities of hay incorrectly managed represent a serious threat to public health. They are covered by various health and safety regulations because they can and do cause a condition known as "Farmers Lung" which is chronic and debilitating and in extreme cases can kill. So if the farmer is incorrectly storing his hay then he will be subject to an enforcement notice.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 10 September 2011 - 09:59 AM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

Much ado, about nothing, actually in several different ways.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 10 September 2011 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users