Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Loch Ness monster

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    Dan Dare

Dan Dare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

• Pilot of the Future

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Fish farmer claims to have captured picture of Loch Ness monster.
What do you think it might be?
*Snip*

http://www.dailymail...s-prove-it.html

Dan Dare

Edited by Still Waters, 13 September 2011 - 08:14 PM.
Removed copyrighted image from post. The image can be viewed in source link.

Posted Image
"Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozen." --(Michel Eyquem de Montaigne)

#2    Ozner

Ozner

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

It almost looks like it was added to the picture... either way though, I can't really tell what it is.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

#3    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

It could have been a fish. There are Sturgeon in that lake and those could have been some of its back ridges. You can tell from the scale of the pic that whatever it is is not very big.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

Looks pretty fake to me, but it's hard to tell one way or the other due to the poor quality of the images.

I'd be interested in an expert's take on where the sunlight would have to come from to make the rainbow vs the shadows of the humps pointing back toward the photographer.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#5    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

The light source is at ten o'clock, except for 'Nessie's' humps, which are lit from three o'clock. Clever, these lake monsters.

#6    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

View PostGrey14, on 13 September 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

It could have been a fish. There are Sturgeon in that lake and those could have been some of its back ridges. You can tell from the scale of the pic that whatever it is is not very big.
What scale?

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#7    MadMike740

MadMike740

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

garbage in the water.

#8    angi chiesa

angi chiesa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Porlock is quite correct,the light on the objects does not match the direction of sunlight that made the rainbow.

The humps are very sharp,not rounded as Nessie has been depicted. Anyway that old photo has been admitted as a fake,so what is the shape of the monster.Since no two photos seem to be of the same being it follows that there are many different monsters. Well LOL

#9    lostinthecrowd

lostinthecrowd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• “Time is swift, it races by; Opportunities are born and die... Still you wait and will not try - A bird with wings who dares not rise and fly.”

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

Coming from a 3 generation fishing family and having been raised as a kid to take over the family business before it stopped I can tell you it looks very much like a large Eel, I have in fact seen them much like them in my local creek. Eels go everywhere man XD

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,008 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

The light looks fine to me. Humps match the waves. The rainbow does not have to be straight on to appear the way it does.

Critter does look kind of small to me too. Just a guess, but like 3 to 4 feet long?? The humps definately are sticking out of the water. Might be a sturgeon, I guess, but a deformed one. Resolution is not too good. Looks like it could be a water-logged piece of wood, or maybe even an Otter. I've heard there are otters in Lock Ness.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 September 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

The light looks fine to me. Humps match the waves. The rainbow does not have to be straight on to appear the way it does.

Critter does look kind of small to me too. Just a guess, but like 3 to 4 feet long?? The humps definately are sticking out of the water. Might be a sturgeon, I guess, but a deformed one. Resolution is not too good. Looks like it could be a water-logged piece of wood, or maybe even an Otter. I've heard there are otters in Lock Ness.

Yeah, I also thought it was some floating tree trunk.

If it's long enough and keeps rolling over, it will look like some huge swimming animal from a distance.

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 14 September 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#12    Nufc1966

Nufc1966

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

I believe that Sturgeon are known to occasionally frequent Loch Ness. It has been suggested, in the past, that they could be responsible for some of the sightings of Nessie. They can grow to a big old size and are funny looking buggers, so I guess this could be what's in the photo.

http://www.lochnessp...on_sturgeon.htm

Apologies to Grey14 who seems to have beaten me to it and already suggested Sturgeon. I really should read the comments before I post!

Edited by Nufc1966, 14 September 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#13    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,756 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

The Fish of Loch Ness -

http://www.nessie.co..._ness/fish.html

Posted Image

#14    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

1. Photographs of weird shapes in the water doesn't indicate the presence of a loch ness monster.

2. Looks fake.

#15    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

Just because a photot of strange shapes LOOKS like somthing dosnt indicate the presence of a monster in the loch.....also he could of spruced it up with some photoshop it looks unrealistic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users