Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampire vs Zombies?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostHerectic, on 15 September 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

Vampires are seriously gimped in this show. Vampires would for sure be using guns or explosives. Hand to hand combat versus 63 zombies? ok then.

If everyone on the planet was either a zombie or a vampire. The zombies would eventually starve to death, freeze to death in place's like Russia or Canada or decompose in the sun slowly everywhere else.

The vampires would be able to feed on animals if need be. Would obviously just wait it out.

Also I thought this was deadliest warrior not deadliest warriors. 1 vampire vs 63 zombies?
Is this the OP?

-What show?
-Surely if zombies took over the planet they feed on the animals too?

Also and more importantly, are you taking your meds?

Posted Image

#17    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostHybrid89, on 03 October 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

Is this the OP?

-What show?
-Surely if zombies took over the planet they feed on the animals too?

Also and more importantly, are you taking your meds?

You should read the thread befor you post. He's talking about a real t.v. show that tries to scientificly predict who would win such battles.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#18    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 03 October 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

You should read the thread befor you post. He's talking about a real t.v. show that tries to scientificly predict who would win such battles.
Meh, the first post seemed so random I didnt see the point. Naturally I read this first post, whats the name of the TV show?

Posted Image

#19    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostHybrid89, on 03 October 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

Meh, the first post seemed so random I didnt see the point. Naturally I read this first post, whats the name of the TV show?

You should read the thread

In other news, it's Deadliest Warrior.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#20    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,272 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

well, wouldn't it depend on what kind of vamp vs what kind of zombie? There are so many versions of both in modern lore that either one could win or lose...

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#21    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I haven't respected that show since they did Japanese mafia against Italian mafia.

They gave baseball bats the advantage over chucks based on the sheer amount of damage they each can do without considering how likely you were to land a full power shot with either. I've actually seen someone attack someone else with a wooden baseball bat. It went like this:

<Swing> Miss
<Swing> Miss
<Swing> Miss
<Guy being attacked grabs a fishing rod off the wall and proceeds to go Jedi>
<8 seconds later, bat wielder is in fetal position yelling for mercy>

Anyway, ignoring annoyances concerning the show's rating system for weaponry, and ignoring the fact that in early myths vampires pretty much WERE zombies, and if you use the current Hollywood versions of zombies and vampires - Something 5 or 6 times as strong as a strong man that can move faster than the eye can track should have no difficulty defeating any number of creatures that are exactly as strong as a human and move at a shuffle (assuming the fight doesn't start in a tiny enclosed space). The only way zombies win this is if they either catch the vampire sleeping (if they're the "comatose until nightfall" type vampire) or pull its shelter out from around it during daytime.

#22    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:01 AM

I can't see anyone short of a nunchaku master have an edge over a baseball bat wielder. Nunchakus are very hard to control. You not only have to have a keen mastering of how to swing them, but a keen mastering of knowing how they will react when they hit whatever spot on the opponent. Lot of physics going on there, which is why we don't really see people robbed by a thug wielding nunchakus. Nunchakus better fit for martial arts training because of all the focus needed to use them. Not for your average mafia thug.

Bats on the other hand; longer range, and very hard to miss someone. Just swing forward like a club. They'll mess you up.

Oh, I'm going off topic, aren't I?

Edited by Jerry Only, 04 October 2011 - 01:02 AM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#23    thatRobGuy

thatRobGuy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

John Lennon

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

View PostHerectic, on 15 September 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

Vampires are seriously gimped in this show. Vampires would for sure be using guns or explosives. Hand to hand combat versus 63 zombies? ok then.

If everyone on the planet was either a zombie or a vampire. The zombies would eventually starve to death, freeze to death in place's like Russia or Canada or decompose in the sun slowly everywhere else.

The vampires would be able to feed on animals if need be. Would obviously just wait it out.

Also I thought this was deadliest warrior not deadliest warriors. 1 vampire vs 63 zombies?

Yeah I'm going to contradict myself a little here lol BUT    2 things...

1 I have no clue at all what you are talking about
2 This is one of the most awesome things I've ever read.

Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!   ~Me

#24    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,405 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostJerry Only, on 04 October 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

I can't see anyone short of a nunchaku master have an edge over a baseball bat wielder. Nunchakus are very hard to control. You not only have to have a keen mastering of how to swing them, but a keen mastering of knowing how they will react when they hit whatever spot on the opponent. Lot of physics going on there, which is why we don't really see people robbed by a thug wielding nunchakus. Nunchakus better fit for martial arts training because of all the focus needed to use them. Not for your average mafia thug.

Bats on the other hand; longer range, and very hard to miss someone. Just swing forward like a club. They'll mess you up.

Oh, I'm going off topic, aren't I?

A bat doesn't have more range if you're holding it with both hands (unless it's an extra long softball bat or something). Chucks are lighter and therefore faster. The whole "swing it around and hit yourself in the head" thing is pretty much a Hollywood invention. Don't get me wrong, it's possible, but it just takes minimal handling of the weapon to learn how to avoid it. I've actually seen a guy pull chucks on someone else (he lost his fight too, but his opponent was a bloody mess and only won through guts and stupidity on the chuck wielder's part).

Anyway, my point wasn't that chucks are automatically a better weapon, just that the full body, everything you've got swing they used in the test would be all but impossible to make contact with unless the person you were swinging at was either impaired (drunk or something), unaware (you're behind him), or held.

It's like saying a jump spinning heel kick is more powerful than a right cross, therefore it's the superior technique in a fight. That doesn't factor the fact that you won't land one out of a few hundred attempts at the kick while the punch will land at least one in ten unless you're badly outclassed.

Anyway, back OT. I still say vampires win. Of course, they might be the squishy vampires whose bodies you can shove a blunt object through. I never understood how that worked - a body strong enough to throw a grownup motorcycle across the room or leap a couple of stories straight up would require a skeletal structure many times stronger than a human's to avoid destroying itself. Extra strong skeleton + sternum and rib cage a normal human can shove a chair leg through = WTF.

#25    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Based off their last season the winner would be which ever one was American :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#26    GenerationNine

GenerationNine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

• Never assume.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

View Postrashore, on 04 October 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

well, wouldn't it depend on what kind of vamp vs what kind of zombie? There are so many versions of both in modern lore that either one could win or lose...

That's what I was thinking, or along the same lines of it, anyways. I watched the episode, and they use 30 Days of Night vampires and just a normal, flesh eating zombie mob. It was definitely fun and interesting to watch, but it annoyed me at the same time. I know it was probably just a Halloween gimmick, but there's no way you could know which would win. Neither of them exist, and there are so many versions of each in myths and legends. How could we know which one would be true should they actually exist? That being said, who's to say that any of them would be accurate? They could be entirely different in real life - stronger, weaker, bigger, smaller, faster, slower, smarter, dumber. etc etc.

That bothered me more than it probably should have, but still. <_<

View PostJaySleeps, on 22 September 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Zombies are not real so they could prolly be anything at this point LOL.

Are we talking Night of the Living Dead zombies? Or I am Legend zombies?

Also, the people in I am Legend are not zombies -- they're sick people. Some form of rabies, or something. They never died and became reanimated corpses, though, nor were they under any sort of puppet-like mind control. They were all still living individuals. They just had some sort of disease that reduced them to extremely primitive beings with basic instincts, such as finding food.

Sorry, but I hate it when people call things zombies that aren't zombies.....same when they call things horror that aren't horror....like Ghostbusters.....or Beetlejuice......

It's important to be both skeptical and open-minded.

#27    Tattoomike

Tattoomike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

If we're talking old school vampires like Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee, the vampires would win. Modern vampires are easy to defeat..tell 'em Hot Topic went out of business and they'll die from heartbreak.  :yes:

#28    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Underworld Vamp's kick butt every time, but I reckon I'd have second thoughts if I came up against something from Resident Evil! hella spooky Zombies! Posted Image  I wanna see the Cullen's up against the Zombies of Return of the Living dead part 3! Posted Image

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#29    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,905 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

dracula-style vampires would have been a real curbstomp. being able to change into mist/bats/wolves. whenever they become cornered - *poof* - they vanish, only to reappear somewhere else. that would have been fun to see, in a blood and guts sorta way :D

#30    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,405 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

View Postlolly147, on 02 May 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

is an indie horror movie, loosely based upon J. faus classic1872novel camilla .Unlike Le Fanu's story, however, most of the action in the film takes place inside a car.
vince is the director and screenwriter of this film. In the uk it is rated 18; in the U.S. it is rated 'R' for horror violence and gore, sexuality/nudity and language.

Awesome use of the google search results snippet to participate in a topic (in a completely irrelevant way) and let us have the opportunity to click your delicious water heater link.

Kudos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users