Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Moving Orbs On Video

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    sbianchino

sbianchino

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

I have multiple orbs in my house.  I try to attach a video, but it was too big to attach.  I do not have much activity in my house.  I did have a tissue box fall off the kitchen counter the other day on it's own while I was 10 feet away from it.  It has been pretty quiet otherwise.  I try to keep an open mind with the unexplained.  Orbs could be static electricity, ghosts, energy coming from another dimension, energy coming from someone in the house, energy coming from the earth, or just something we don't understand yet.  I would appreciate any input.

sbianchino

Link below:

#2    Star.rager

Star.rager

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• "..But we try to pretend, you see, that the world exists altogether independently of us." -Alan Watts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

@sbianchino: Well.. In all honesty, I could see how these would look like orbs, but I think they are fragments in the air. Great capture and good video, but they're lacking the direction and the usual drifting, since they are so scattering.

On the other hand, if it were a sort of manifesting energy, it could only be one large thing if it only happens in that space of your house, possibly trying to become an apparition.

It's really up to you what it is. As far as the kleenex box, that's really cool! Does it ever make you afraid or anything? Just curious!  ^_^

I hope this helped!

#3    sbianchino

sbianchino

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

View Postsbianchino, on 17 September 2011 - 03:32 AM, said:

I have multiple orbs in my house.  I try to attach a video, but it was too big to attach.  I do not have much activity in my house.  I did have a tissue box fall off the kitchen counter the other day on it's own while I was 10 feet away from it.  It has been pretty quiet otherwise.  I try to keep an open mind with the unexplained.  Orbs could be static electricity, ghosts, energy coming from another dimension, energy coming from someone in the house, energy coming from the earth, or just something we don't understand yet.  I would appreciate any input.

sbianchino

Link below:

I started video taping about 2 weeks ago because my dog was barking at these orbs or so called things.  I thought of the dust theory, but the dog was barking at them, and I could only see them through the camera.

#4    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Good video, not sure what it could be though.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,235 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

I'd recommend a good dusting and a HEPA filter personally.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

If you could only see them through the camera, they are simply dust.

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,856 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

Fake.
The orbs in the video are following the contours of the walls which tells me it is just a flashlight and/or a laser light.
If it was a orb then as it passed from one side of the room to another it would maintain its shape and wouldn't be distorted as it passes in front of things like doors or door frames.

Oh and dust and/or gnats or some flavor of insect is probably also a component here as well.

#8    sbianchino

sbianchino

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

View PostRyu, on 17 September 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

Fake.
The orbs in the video are following the contours of the walls which tells me it is just a flashlight and/or a laser light.
If it was a orb then as it passed from one side of the room to another it would maintain its shape and wouldn't be distorted as it passes in front of things like doors or door frames.

Oh and dust and/or gnats or some flavor of insect is probably also a component here as well.

I'm not trying to prove that orbs are real.  I know there were no flashlights.  The kitchen was not dusty.  Dust would have to be right in front of the camera lens to show up that big.  I am a busy person and do not have time to make hoax videos, and what would be the point of it anyway.  I just saw these energy light balls and would like to see what other people thought could be causing them.  The world is full of stuff we have yet to understand.  The world was flat to many people until we were able to go into space and study the stars to learn otherwise.  Just because we do not understand it, that does not mean it is real.

#9    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

View Postsbianchino, on 18 September 2011 - 04:55 AM, said:

The kitchen was not dusty.

EVERYPLACE is dusty. Just because you don't see dust floating around doesn't mean it isn't there.

Edited by Moonie2012, 18 September 2011 - 05:27 AM.

#10    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

20150328 (not ever banned)

• 3,541 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

I'm not trying to prove that orbs are real.  I know there were no flashlights.
But there was a clearly a bright light shining 'past' the field of view...

sbianchino, any piece of dust when close to the camera and illuminated will likely be overexposed and out of focus, ie a big fuzzy edged blob.  here we have some fuzzy bright blobs.

If you are serious about this, hows about just filming some introduced dust (eg tiny bits of tissue, a little flour, etc) across the cameras field of view in exactly the same lighting conditions.  Use a range of particle sizes, at a range of distances, and show the results here.  Just a few seconds for each run is all it would take..

You'll be doing.. RESEARCH!!  

Yes, the world is full of stuff we do not understand, but it is also full of stuff we do understand, but that some don't recognise...

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

#11    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,227 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

View Postsbianchino, on 17 September 2011 - 03:32 AM, said:

Or it could be dust.

Note that there is strong sunlight coming from the right.  Small dust particles close to the camera lit up by the sunlight would be out of focus and thus resembling a bright partly transparent blob moving quickly about the frame.  Which is exactly what we see in your video.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#12    _Only

_Only

• 6,666 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

View PostRyu, on 17 September 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

Fake.

Take some time to consider all angles before crying fake. Could almost seem it's following the contours, but really isn't looking closer. And those orbs often distort as they move around on the camera/light source.

There you go. The dark conditions mixed with the single light source, and foreign particles (which are everywhere, visible to the naked eye or not), and the magic of filming makes the case.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#13    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,856 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

I'm not trying to prove that orbs are real.  I know there were no flashlights.  The kitchen was not dusty.  Dust would have to be right in front of the camera lens to show up that big.  I am a busy person and do not have time to make hoax videos, and what would be the point of it anyway.  I just saw these energy light balls and would like to see what other people thought could be causing them.  The world is full of stuff we have yet to understand.  The world was flat to many people until we were able to go into space and study the stars to learn otherwise.  Just because we do not understand it, that does not mean it is real.

You asked for input and I gave input. period.

View PostJerry Only, on 19 September 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

Take  some time to consider all angles before crying fake. Could almost seem  it's following the contours, but really isn't looking closer. And those  orbs often distort as they move around on the camera/light source.

When I said "fake" in this case my comment was meant to indicate stuff  like dust and/or gnats...guess I have to be more specific.

Edited by Ryu, 19 September 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#14    sbianchino

sbianchino

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

View PostRyu, on 19 September 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

When I said "fake" in this case my comment was meant to indicate stuff  like dust and/or gnats...guess I have to be more specific.

I did research and filmed under the same conditions and did not get one orb minutes later and many times later.  I put the camera on a tripod to rule out reflection and got a few orbs.  I filmed in the daytime and get orbs sometimes.   What got me initially filming with the camera in the first place was the fact that my dog was barking at the mid air.  I could see the orbs while filming only through the camera and she was reacting to them.  I have filmed some that move very quickly and there are no wind currents in my house that could explain away the fact that dust could be the culprit.  I can see how a bug could cause the problem, but I would be aware if I had that many bugs in my kitchen.  I have caught bugs in front of the camera before and the image usually is a fluttering on the edges.  I try to rule out all of the logical explanations and have been left with the unexplained.  

#15    _Only

_Only

• 6,666 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

View PostRyu, on 19 September 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

You should, because there is a big difference between something being faked, and something being naturally explained. Flashlights vs. dust, if you will.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users