Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hypothetical Zombie Situation

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#136    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

View Postthewatchman7, on 17 February 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

crack addicts still feel pain.
and there not made of a flamable substance the burning will stop after a short while.

and ok tough guy, im sure every strike you make with a melee weapons gonna be a kill shot.
youd get eaten so fast it wouldnt be funny, i think you think your a little too capable of taking out a friggin zombie with one hit.

First, regarding fire... yes, it will kill the zombies (unless they are put out within a minute or 2).

Second, I'm not stupid enough to rely on melee weapons, especially blunt ones. However, that comment wasn't about zombies specifically. Had you the comprehension skills required, you would have understood that.

Third, had you actually read any of my other comments, you would know that it's a survival situation. Which means, no, I'm not going to stop and fight/kill every zombie I can.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#137    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostMstrMsn, on 18 February 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

First, regarding fire... yes, it will kill the zombies (unless they are put out within a minute or 2).

Second, I'm not stupid enough to rely on melee weapons, especially blunt ones. However, that comment wasn't about zombies specifically. Had you the comprehension skills required, you would have understood that.

Third, had you actually read any of my other comments, you would know that it's a survival situation. Which means, no, I'm not going to stop and fight/kill every zombie I can.

1. How do you know as there are no "real" zombies, people can suffer horrific burn injuries, yet survive and still lead normal lives.

2. If you ran out of ammo and had no resources to make your own, you would have to rely on what is at hand, be it bats or aunt madels knitting needles.  

3. Could of fooled me.

If what I type offends you, don't see it as an attack, but as my opinion.

#138    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I would lock myself into a huge supermarket. Pull all the huge metal shutters down. Would have protection, food, water, everything I needed for a long, long time :)

#139    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well first I would calm down after the initial wave of disbelief and panic hit me :cry: .  Then I would go grab my sword(yes I do actually possess a sword), plenty of food, water and medical supplies and if at all possible some guns and ammo. Next I would find some place unobtrusive and hide my ass for a couple of days while the initial chaos rages. I would only move about during the day because at night you wouldn't be able to spot anything nasty creeping up on you. What about sleep you ask? In the first few days sleep would not be high on my list of survival items until I could find some place reeeealy secure. After a week you can be sure that the idiot herd will have been thinned somewhat allowing me to resupply and get my ass to someplace of increased security maybe with other survivors.

Does all this mean I would survive?? Don't know but I would give it a damm good try. :gun:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#140    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostRedefining Success, on 18 February 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

1. How do you know as there are no "real" zombies, people can suffer horrific burn injuries, yet survive and still lead normal lives.

2. If you ran out of ammo and had no resources to make your own, you would have to rely on what is at hand, be it bats or aunt madels knitting needles.  

3. Could of fooled me.

1. A human body on fire, that's not put out, has a tiny chance of surviving, and usually don't last more than a few days IF AT ALL.

2. Maybe I should have specified that I wouldn't rely on melee as my ONLY weapon. But, I do standt by not relying on blunt objects. Either way, getting at the head isn't always going to be as easy as you think. Use a bat on a leg, they'll still come at you. Use a machette on the leg, they'll be crawling.

3. That comment proves that you either A, didn't read any of my previous comments, or B, have a comprehension problem (I'm going with...B).

You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.

#141    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostHawkLord, on 21 February 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Well first I would calm down after the initial wave of disbelief and panic hit me :cry: .  Then I would go grab my sword(yes I do actually possess a sword), plenty of food, water and medical supplies and if at all possible some guns and ammo. Next I would find some place unobtrusive and hide my ass for a couple of days while the initial chaos rages. I would only move about during the day because at night you wouldn't be able to spot anything nasty creeping up on you. What about sleep you ask? In the first few days sleep would not be high on my list of survival items until I could find some place reeeealy secure. After a week you can be sure that the idiot herd will have been thinned somewhat allowing me to resupply and get my ass to someplace of increased security maybe with other survivors.

Does all this mean I would survive?? Don't know but I would give it a damm good try. :gun:

Not bad, but maybe you should consider staying put for the first few days. That way, you'll have more supplies available, and you can let the chaos die down a bit before heading out. This will give you more time to prep for movement. It will also let you be in a relatively "safe" spot, that will help with the mental prep.

Granted, not all situations will allow it. Depends on where you live, and what you live in. A second floor apartment could be better suited than a first floor, or even a house (less entry/exit points to secure). Also, this would be during the initial phase, so you should still have some electricity, hot water and a stove you can use. Now, as far as your neighborhood goes, yeah, you might want to vacate as quickly as possible, or (if it's a nice area, meaning relatively safe) you'll be able to stay a bit longer.

As far as not sleeping goes... if you are able to stay put in your home, and have all entry/exit points secured, then there shouldn't be much of an issue with getting in a nap here and there. Will be easier if you have at least 1 other person with you that you trust. Maybe you head to a close friend that lives really really close by....

Just a thought...

#142    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

you people are fools.

put simply.

1 - http://www.cracked.c...get-you-killed/

2 - http://www.cracked.c...get-you-killed/

the funny thing here is that almost EVERY person has said these things.

#143    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

"You people are fools."  He stated somberly, choosing to punctuate the lack of intelligence he so disdained by sourcing two articles from Cracked Magazine.

#144    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 22 February 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

"You people are fools."  He stated somberly, choosing to punctuate the lack of intelligence he so disdained by sourcing two articles from Cracked Magazine.

did you read them? there fairly relevant.

good to see your adding to the discussion though, keep up the good work.  :tu:

Edited by thewatchman7, 22 February 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#145    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostMstrMsn, on 22 February 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

1. A human body on fire, that's not put out, has a tiny chance of surviving, and usually don't last more than a few days IF AT ALL.

2. Maybe I should have specified that I wouldn't rely on melee as my ONLY weapon. But, I do standt by not relying on blunt objects. Either way, getting at the head isn't always going to be as easy as you think. Use a bat on a leg, they'll still come at you. Use a machette on the leg, they'll be crawling.

3. That comment proves that you either A, didn't read any of my previous comments, or B, have a comprehension problem (I'm going with...B).

1. Even though a "zombie" is human form, if they have the ability to come back from the dead, then im guessing they would shrug off a burn or 2, As they are NOT real, we will never know.

2. My initial point was that not everyone has access to guns, its ok for you and your buddies to take pot shots at any hoards of the undead while rubbing baby oil into your survival trained/military experianced bodies but what about joe public? They would HAVE to rely on what was at hand if they wanted any chance of survival. And as for going for a leg, yes your right, they will be crawling, however, youd have to swing down pretty low(depending on circumstances) to inflict an injury, thus lowering your guard and exposing that fleshy neck.

3. My comprehension is fine, people who have experiance with weapons only see things from their point of view, as long as you will be ok thats what matters.

#146    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 22 February 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

I think thats spot on, every ones plan is so perfect, yet so perfectly flawed.

We would be killed (even rambo and his chums) so fast it would be unbelievable and if any one did survive, as per Robert Neville, then it would be a new age miracle.

PS: the referance to Robert Neville was made in the fact that he was "the last man alive"(The Omega Man) and I comprehend that the situations given are totally different.

PPS: The Omega Man is a fantastic film, much better than "I am legend"

#147    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postthewatchman7, on 22 February 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Oh, I agree that Cracked Magazine is just about the intellectual level needed for a discussion regarding zombie survival.  That's not the part I was pointing out as ironic.

But for a double helping of irony, let's have another example:

:lol:

#148    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostRedefining Success, on 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

I think thats spot on, every ones plan is so perfect, yet so perfectly flawed.

We would be killed (even rambo and his chums) so fast it would be unbelievable and if any one did survive, as per Robert Neville, then it would be a new age miracle.

PS: the referance to Robert Neville was made in the fact that he was "the last man alive"(The Omega Man) and I comprehend that the situations given are totally different.

PPS: The Omega Man is a fantastic film, much better than "I am legend"

I have to disagree here...

As far as the films go, The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price was much better. Though, all 3 center around Matheson's "I Am Legend" book (which, was good, btw), The Last Man on Earth was a much more entertaining watch than Omega Man. To me, that movie was too reminiscent of the original Planet of the Apes AND Beneath the Planet of the Apes (many 70s movies just sucked).

#149    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 23 February 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

Oh, I agree that Cracked Magazine is just about the intellectual level needed for a discussion regarding zombie survival.  That's not the part I was pointing out as ironic.

But for a double helping of irony, let's have another example:

:lol:

cheeky bugger but very on the level ;)

#150    DoctorBeautiful

DoctorBeautiful

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

I would go to a small corner of costco, all the food you need and thick, concrete walls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users