Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hypothetical Zombie Situation

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#16    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 18 September 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

What do I do? Prepare!
Where do I get prepared?

http://www.youtube.c...XvzmdYc#t=0m14s

Groovy.
I second this. :tu:  

View PostDeltaEcho, on 18 September 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

You know, I've always been bugged that a zombie's only primal instinct would be to eat people. I'm not sure if anyone else realized it, but there's some other primal instincts that are really deeply seeded in the human mind.

Although the thought of being... violated while being eaten alive by an (un)dead corpse might be much more disturbing than the standardized zombie outbreak...
Well in the movie Dead Alive, two zombies get it on with each other. So...there's that.

Posted Image

#17    Pawnochio

Pawnochio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Justice a form of revenge without a self destructive path

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 18 September 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

I second this. :tu:  

Well in the movie Dead Alive, two zombies get it on with each other. So...there's that.
theres a movie to avoid then thank you sir

What's that white hand on your shoulder?

#18    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

View PostPawnochio, on 18 September 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

ok so apparently this has magically become a left 4 dead invasion also look out for higher floors because you could be charged out of the window. or just get to the safe room ......
I wouldn't know anything about Left 4 Dead, as I refuse to play any non-Resident Evil zombie game. Shooters do not mix with survival horror. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like cotton candy mixed with peanut butter.
Also, your Pokemon reference is great. Reminds me of a webcomic that made me laugh until my sides hurt.

View Post~TheBigK~, on 18 September 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

I suppose that's true, but I was thinking more along the likes of the Reavers from Firefly/Serenity. As in they kill you, rape you, then tear your flesh off and wear it. And you're lucky if it's in that order.

"All I say is that I think it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hair-splitter to pretend that I don't regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist." ~ H.P. Lovecraft

#19    Pawnochio

Pawnochio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

why have i not seen these movies or anime references i thought my geekyness knew know limits

well if the undead where to attack i dont think they would be full of lust to be honest, that is horrifying, never speak of this again but why dont they eat the flesh of one another in every zombie cliche there is no referencing of them eating each other

#20    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostDeltaEcho, on 18 September 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

I suppose that's true, but I was thinking more along the likes of the Reavers from Firefly/Serenity. As in they kill you, rape you, then tear your flesh off and wear it. And you're lucky if it's in that order.
Oh jeez, I forgot about Reavers. I was just trying to think of any example of zombies in movies doing, err...things like that.

Posted Image

#21    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

View PostPawnochio, on 18 September 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

theres a movie to avoid then thank you sir
Ma'am. :P It's actually a great movie and it's hilarious though.

Posted Image

#22    Pawnochio

Pawnochio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 18 September 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

Ma'am. :P It's actually a great movie and it's hilarious though.
oh sorry i beg your pardon lmao foax pa

can i ask what is a reaver? im not getting this reference

#23    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'd probably gas up my car and head to west TX. My family has a large ranch that's outside a very small town, and they have a decent selection of guns. If we stayed there, we could either go to the second floor and destroy the staircase or we could get into the basement. I'd vote for the second floor, both for the extra space and the for the continued possibilty of escape. If we left the ranch, I'd say heading north would be best, staying away from heavily populated areas. Colder air would at least slow down a zombie, and if it was cold enough they'd freeze and stop completely because of their lack of circulation. In any case, I'd carry a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks wherever I went.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#24    Pawnochio

Pawnochio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

sorry i double posted

Edited by Pawnochio, 18 September 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#25    Pawnochio

Pawnochio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

a ranch ehm i dunno not got the heaviest defences i supposed if its in an isolated area then that would be a good idea

edit:i accidently replied to my own post how did i do that

Edited by Pawnochio, 18 September 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#26    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostPawnochio, on 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

why have i not seen these movies or anime references i thought my geekyness knew know limits

well if the undead where to attack i dont think they would be full of lust to be honest, that is horrifying, never speak of this again but why dont they eat the flesh of one another in every zombie cliche there is no referencing of them eating each other

Firefly was a sci-fi space western series made by the same guy who directed Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It also sadly got cut of it's prime, with only one season. It's fans eventually got a movie, Serenity, which expand on the Reavers' backstory a bit.
Here's the link to the wiki: Firefly on Wikipedia

About the zombies eating each other, I think they might realize each other are dead, and for some reason they only want to eat fresh meat. I'm unsure why, because many predators will scavenge if given the chance. Maybe because they're too stupid to realize that they are made of the same stuff of their living counter parts...? I'd have to think on it for a bit to get a really scientific sounding answer.

EDIT: Added link

Edited by DeltaEcho, 18 September 2011 - 05:31 PM.

"All I say is that I think it is damned unlikely that anything like a central cosmic will, a spirit world, or an eternal survival of personality exist. They are the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe, and I am not enough of a hair-splitter to pretend that I don't regard them as arrant and negligible moonshine. In theory I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist." ~ H.P. Lovecraft

#27    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

View PostPawnochio, on 18 September 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

can i ask what is a reaver? im not getting this reference

Ha ha. I thought of Reavers as well, though they're more like 28 Days Later crazy people than classic zombies. They are from the great but short lived TV show Firefly, and the movie Serenity. The TV show is a blend of western and sci-fi. The movie downplays the western part of it quite a bit, but is still cool in my book. The Reavers are this crazy bunch that roam the outskirts of civilized space. If they catch you, they'll rape you death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into their clothes. If you're lucky, they'll do it in that order.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#28    Pawnochio

Pawnochio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

might give it a try after game of thrones and after re watching Death note for the 111th time

so the zombies differ in this series?

#29    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

View PostPawnochio, on 18 September 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

a ranch ehm i dunno not got the heaviest defences i supposed if its in an isolated area then that would be a good idea

edit:i accidently replied to my own post how did i do that
Yeah it's very isolated and the nearest town is very small, so hopefully that would mean fewer zombies to deal with. I think it would be best to head north though, once we got all the guns together.

#30    AmpleFyre

AmpleFyre

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

View PostPawnochio, on 18 September 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

might give it a try after game of thrones and after re watching Death note for the 111th time

so the zombies differ in this series?

That's the one difference though, they're not zombies. They're basically normal people that underwent a kind of testing to try and remove the 'bad' aspects of humanity, but it ended up backfiring and mostly everyone dies from the procedure and the rest end up crazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users