Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A nation in decay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Phillip Tilley: My wife recently sent me to the local home improvement show.  She said I do not get out enough and the best home improvement would be if I just get out.  Surely I jest and I know, stop calling you Shirley.  My point is that until a severe hail storm came through the area damaging roofs and siding and smashing windows, not a lot of home improvement was being done in the area.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    mitosblog

mitosblog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Yes it's shocking news. The American dream during the 1980s and early 1990s is simply not there.

#3    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,851 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

Things may get worse, before they get better.  By better I hope it is not going back to the same old thing, where we are supposed to go from one high standard of living to an upward evolving lifestyle, world without end amen.  We are in the mess we are in because of that.

Good article,

peace
mark

#4    SurviVal

SurviVal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Good article. Storm season's on the way too so expect a little more home improvements to be made necessary by that old rascal, Mother Nature. Nothing screams fix me up quite like a hole in the roof in winter-time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users