Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Have you dreamed of this man?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    DynamiteWithALaserBeam

DynamiteWithALaserBeam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

A few months back I ran into this website: http://www.thisman.org/ and it talks about how one psychiatrist's patient drew a man she kept dreaming of and soon enough, the other patients claimed to have seen him in their dreams.

There are so many comments on the website, I was wondering what you thought of it? Have you heard of this man before?

Edited by DynamiteWithALaserBeam, 19 September 2011 - 10:00 PM.

#2    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

never heard of it but it's really creepy

SRS

#3    Rat Girl

Rat Girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:47 PM

Not that I can remember, but Im guessing I will tonight.

He looks kinda like someone I know, actually  :blink:

#4    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

Through a tiny bit of digging long ago, it was found that the site was created by Andrea Natella, the director of guerrigliamarketing.it, an advertising agency that uses non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns as a form of guerrilla marketing.

That tidbit of information aside, everyone is still left wondering what marketing was to be done, and if it was abandoned. There hasn't seemed to be any updating done,  and the site was eventually sold to Ghost House Pictures, a horror movie production company, in promotion for a new film called This Man, written and directed by Bryan Bertino.

My verdict: unconventional viral marketing.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#5    a nice cup of tea

a nice cup of tea

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• " Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one." Neil Gaman.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

Yup it'a hoax. I came across this one about 6 months ago and investigated. Here's a link-  http://www.jawbone.t...boogeyman?.html

White with two sugars, please...

#6    JR.Fury

JR.Fury

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 99 posts

• Fax mentis incendium gloriae

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

I remember seeing this absolute years ago, wow, brings back a bit of nostalgia.

As has already been mentioned viral marketing, pretty good though if you ask me.

- Toluca Lake Beach Party - Survival Horror Gaming - Articles - Reviews - News - Unsung Heroes -
Posted Image

#7    zednuts

zednuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

• Ordinary Person

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

LOL ..a guy I know has had that as his avatar for quite some time and yes, I agree there is something creepy looking about it :unsure:

be more a nightmare than a dream  ^_^

Edited by zednuts, 20 September 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image

#8    DynamiteWithALaserBeam

DynamiteWithALaserBeam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 19 September 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

Through a tiny bit of digging long ago, it was found that the site was created by Andrea Natella, the director of guerrigliamarketing.it, an advertising agency that uses non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns as a form of guerrilla marketing.

That tidbit of information aside, everyone is still left wondering what marketing was to be done, and if it was abandoned. There hasn't seemed to be any updating done,  and the site was eventually sold to Ghost House Pictures, a horror movie production company, in promotion for a new film called This Man, written and directed by Bryan Bertino.

My verdict: unconventional viral marketing.

You make a good point but I'm wondering what they were selling, the ads below the page? Unless it was intended to be subconscious advertising, but I still wonder what they'd sell. Apparently the movie follows the man in the photo and he has to figure out why so many people are having nightmares about him, I'm not sure if it's been released though.

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

Never seen him before... awake or asleep.

I think I read about this like 6 months ago. Maybe it was that thread Cup of Tea mentioned.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image

View PostDynamiteWithALaserBeam, on 19 September 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

According to this theory this man is the image of the Creator, that is to say one of the forms in which God manifests himself today. This is the reason why his indications and the words he utters during the dreams should be decidedly followed by the dreamers.
Hahaha, wow... So this is the face of the creator...

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#11    Rocketgirl33

Rocketgirl33

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

• People who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either.

Golda Meir

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

Cool way to have everyone else write your screen play for you! I have seen this before I think right here on UM. The picture is creepy but I liked the "Dream Imitation Theory" myself. I will probably dream about this guy to night just because I have seen his picture. Makes me wonder if this would work with a different subject, and open the web site up and have the public write a book for me! Good idea, maybe I will.....

Rocketgirl B)

"He thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghost!"
S. King, IT

#12    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Yeah this has come up a few times over the years. It is a hoax.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#13    zednuts

zednuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

• Ordinary Person

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

View PostSoul Kitchen, on 21 September 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

Hahaha, wow... So this is the face of the creator...

Makes sense now. It screams bible believing psycho killer  ^_^

Edited by zednuts, 21 September 2011 - 12:16 PM.

Posted Image

#14    DynamiteWithALaserBeam

DynamiteWithALaserBeam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostRocketgirl33, on 21 September 2011 - 02:58 AM, said:

Cool way to have everyone else write your screen play for you! I have seen this before I think right here on UM. The picture is creepy but I liked the "Dream Imitation Theory" myself. I will probably dream about this guy to night just because I have seen his picture. Makes me wonder if this would work with a different subject, and open the web site up and have the public write a book for me! Good idea, maybe I will.....

Rocketgirl B)
I've never dreamed of him myself, but I would be sort of scared if I did...I'm curious how someone could imitate someone else's dream if dreaming is done sub consciously. I don't know much about sleep cycles/dream analysis but whoever came up with this idea must be pretty rich since there's a movie being made about it

#15    zednuts

zednuts

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

• Ordinary Person

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

View PostDynamiteWithALaserBeam, on 23 September 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

I've never dreamed of him myself, but I would be sort of scared if I did...I'm curious how someone could imitate someone else's dream if dreaming is done sub consciously. I don't know much about sleep cycles/dream analysis but whoever came up with this idea must be pretty rich since there's a movie being made about it

g'day DynamiteWithALaserBeam,

I sugest you visit the subject of Jung and his shared consiousness speculation.

Years ago I had some experiences where my wife and I, sleeping close to each other, seemed to have some kind of thought transference / shared dreaming. I put it down to our heads being pretty close. We're both pretty sceptical and analytical about this stuff and am convinced that, whatever it was, it was real.  B)

cheers, zedNuts

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users