Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is This the End of Men ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostLilly, on 21 September 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Nope, never laid a hand on either of my kids.

(the force is stronger than the switch)

Ok, to be completely fair...I might have swatted their diapered bottoms when they were at a pre-verbal stage due to reaching for a hot stove. But, I never spanked them as kids.

I figured, was teasing. :P

#17    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Ehh. I've noticed this for a while. And, the girls like these "metro" guys. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have a real man.  :rofl:

#18    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

View PostAliveInDeath, on 21 September 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

Ehh. I've noticed this for a while. And, the girls like these "metro" guys. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have a real man.  :rofl:

because girls like that kind of guys and the guys are noticing and starting slowly to adapt. They will become girls with something extra down there :rofl:

I don't have noting against for men to be in touch with his feeling. But a real men takes care of his women when life gets ugly, he is there to insure her that everything will be fine and she will fell secure with him. ...the metro guy ( i really don't know how you call them now days) will start crying and helples when stuff get ugly and how can a women fell secure with that guy.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#19    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

View Postdiablo_04_12, on 21 September 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

the metro guy ( i really don't know how you call them now days) will start crying and helples when stuff get ugly and how can a women fell secure with that guy.

Well i don't know where you come from...but not all women are like that. It is quite an outdated thought that 'feminine' equals 'weak' and only a man who is macho can make her feel secure. Utter rubbish.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

View PostAnVil, on 23 September 2011 - 02:57 AM, said:

Well i don't know where you come from...but not all women are like that. It is quite an outdated thought that 'feminine' equals 'weak' and only a man who is macho can make her feel secure. Utter rubbish.

Feminine doesn't equal weak in women, in men however, it does.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 23 September 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 21 September 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

It's because our hormones are jacked! Things we eat and drink are radically altering men in general. Especially men younger than 30. Look at them, they're mostly girly metro types. You rarely see a masculine jock type real man anymore with a killer instinct. The fight has been taken from them all.
Perhaps they need mentos, to give them that real killer instinct?

#22    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I do not think it's about 'metro' men, as much as it's about "nerds & geeks"!

Intelligence is a much more attractive trait than brawn; the brain being far more important than muscles, at least in my opinion. I do not see why it is assumed that non-macho men are 'weaklings', crying in a corner when the going gets tough. It takes creativity and intelligence to find solutions, rather than the ability to chop down another man or lift weight (a fork lift can do that). I think the definition of attractive traits and gender expectations change and adapt to a changing society.

#23    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 23 September 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

Perhaps they need mentos, to give them that real killer instinct?

That's not the killer instinct, that's the murdering instinct.

Mentos commercial song makes me happy happy kill kill too.  :innocent:

#24    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Last time I heard the Mentos song, I got it stuck in my head so badly, that I tried to use a power drill to get it out. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted Image

#25    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

There are some pretty warped views in here. What's a real man? A real man was born with a penis. That is a real man. Nothing else matters.

The reason why men aren't "strong" like some of you are saying is simple. There is no need now. Brain over brawn. Technology can do all the hard work for us, we just need to keep advancing the technology now. I will also say that people who call others "weak" are usually the weak ones. They're so weak mentally that they must rip other people who have not wronged them.

#26    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,517 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'm sure facing against a ghost prank, women always stay behind. When facing dangers, men win.

#27    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostAnVil, on 23 September 2011 - 02:57 AM, said:

If that's true, how come a majority of women go for the "bad boy" types?

#28    portraitartist

portraitartist

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

• "I am in a lovers quarrell with the world" Robert Frost

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

I think a lot of posts here are stereotypes by individuals perceptions of what a man is based on their own past experiences. My son likes to shop in the mall, he is sensitive and kind and I have seen him cry, and you could call him a nerd I guess since he has a 3.9 gpa his senior year as a computor engineering student at Mizzou.
However, he has completed his U.S. Army officer training and will be commisioned as a second lt. on graduation next year. He likes to fish and hunt and easily dress out a deer in no time, and can change his own oil in his car. And he is not a brute or neanderthal but a gentleman and I am proud of him.
And on a funny note, I want to say that the title of this post reads like smething Gandolf said in the trilogy of the Lord of the rings...lol "Is this the end of men?" Actually, I think it's more like "The beginning of women"..IMO.. And that may be threatening to some, but it shouldn't be.

#29    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.
Which will be never.
:lol:

#30    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostMantis914, on 26 September 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

If that's true, how come a majority of women go for the "bad boy" types?

I think for many reasons from down right immaturity and showing off, ie street cred (but even then you have examine where the need for that comes from) to more serious deeper underlying issues. It depends on so many things that i think it has more to do with self esteem and confidence issues. And then some are just simply incredibly shallow and duh. Some will out grow it, others don't and again that will reveal different reasons and motivations for why.

Mainly poor self esteem, up bringing (conditioning), control freak tendencies, the want to please/help override their better judgement. If a female has no self respect and poor opinion of herself, she's in more danger of going into that kind of relationship. That is a fact.

Some females like the power trip that they can cure or convert the male, insecurities can cause this too. And others do it for security reasons, but in my mind that is a sick logic and a sign of damage from abusive circumstances in their own lives. The irony being that the real 'bad' ones are risk takers, unstable and unable to ever be a source of security. But those suffering the ill effects of abusive circumstances can be damaged to the extent they only see security in those who show they use use violence. Who do use their fists -with anyone- to make their point or secure what they want, need.

So yeah i think behind it all there is a whole mixture of reasons that go beyond the simple - Good V Bad.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users