Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is This the End of Men ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,262 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

View PostRedSquirrel, on 04 October 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

...the Lady that rules over me is 4'11.
Keep in mind, she's still one of us Amazons (we come in all sizes and shapes).  :yes:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#47    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

View PostLilly, on 03 October 2011 - 08:11 PM, said:

Uh...when I was a kid I fell off my Aunt's horse and broke my ankle and collar bone. I didn't shed a tear either. When I was a young woman I earned a black belt in American Kempo. I'm not a "pansy", but I'm certainly a woman. I think you may be confusing the criteria here. Just my opinion.

I have no issues with the empowerment of women, I actually find strong women pretty damned sexy.  :wub:

Only thing I do have issues with is why are young men becoming more and more effeminate? What is physically and chemically going on? This is not how things should be.

#48    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 04 October 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

Only thing I do have issues with is why are young men becoming more and more effeminate? What is physically and chemically going on? This is not how things should be.

How are men becoming more and more effeminate physically and chemically?

Think you're confusing popular cultures ridiculous emo fad with some sort of global paradigm shift.

Edited by Jerry Only, 04 October 2011 - 02:44 PM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#49    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 04 October 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

How are men becoming more and more effeminate physically and chemically?

Think you're confusing popular cultures ridiculous emo fad with some sort of global paradigm shift.

Hormonally altered foods, and hormone altering chemicals found in products used by infants, children and teens. Developing minds are most affected.

Here, this is how: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8361863.stm

If your mom used glass bottles, you're probably ok. If she heated plastic ones in microwaves, well, good luck. Might want to get your testosterone levels checked. I would even wager that these plastics are a large contributor to what is making more males gay. Hormone alteration during a state of early development (brain) can lead to lasting lifetime effects.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 04 October 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#50    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 04 October 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

Hormonally altered foods, and hormone altering chemicals found in products used by infants, children and teens. Developing minds are most affected.

If your mom used glass bottles, you're probably ok. If she heated plastic ones in microwaves, well, good luck. Might want to get your testosterone levels checked. I would even wager that these plastics are a large contributor to what is making more males gay. Hormone alteration during a state of early development (brain) can lead to lasting lifetime effects.

"We need to get some scientific experts to look at this study in more detail before we can make a proper judgement."

I agree. The proclaimed test results like

They found that two phthalates DEHP and DBP can affect play behaviour.
Boys exposed to high levels of these in the womb were less likely than other boys to play with cars, trains and guns or engage in "rougher" games like playfighting.

seem quite a reach, and are open to so many other factors.

Another theory. But I think you give this one a bit too much credit in determining whether men are actually becoming more effeminate or not.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#51    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 04 October 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

"We need to get some scientific experts to look at this study in more detail before we can make a proper judgement."

I agree. The proclaimed test results like

They found that two phthalates DEHP and DBP can affect play behaviour.
Boys exposed to high levels of these in the womb were less likely than other boys to play with cars, trains and guns or engage in "rougher" games like playfighting.

seem quite a reach, and are open to so many other factors.

Another theory. But I think you give this one a bit too much credit in determining whether men are actually becoming more effeminate or not. And maybe you give less credit to social changes.

#52    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

It's in the beginning stages, however, if they're now finding something like this, I only wonder if there's other things as well that we have no clue about. Scary thought, eh?

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 04 October 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#53    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Gotta say this is one of the funniest threads outside CT that I have seen in a while. Some of the stereotypes of what a "real man" is just has me in fits of giggles. How about maybe a "real man" doesn't need to subject the rest of the world to his stereotypes in order to make himself feel justified in his manliness? Or maybe a "real man" isn't scared that women can hold their own beyond being broodmares and maids?
Maybe a "real man" is the same thing as a "real woman"- a person that has honor and integrity, owns up to their responsibilities and mistakes, and does not feel the need to be degrading to others or force their ideals on them to make themselves more "real"? Maybe it means they can see that stereotypical trappings are just a load of hogwash.

As for is this the end of men and the beginning of women, what a bunch of tripe. There have always been men and women, and always will be. Sounds more like some "real men" are scared snotless at the notion of anything being different than their own narrow view of the world to me. I guess it takes a "real man" to not have the balls to work with the changes as they come.

Edited by rashore, 04 October 2011 - 07:04 PM.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#54    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Is he hiding nuts or just plain nuts?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Two things to be a man:
To be a Man...

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users