Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

Please help me!


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    sarz

sarz

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:24 Sep 2011

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hello, I just registered for possible advise on what to do about my situation. I have researched online time and time again but no one has a case like mine. So here is a little background (skip to the next paragraph for MY problem).. My family is very sensitive to the paranormal. My mom freaks out if I mention a ghost, so I believe she has had experiences that she would wish to forget. My sister has had experiences multiple times (more good ones, like an angel of sorts). Her daughter, who is 8 years old, has it the worst, she actually sees and talks to "dead" people. I have considered the imaginary friend thing but looking into what she actually tells me.. it's no bull. Two cases come to mind, one where she was talking to a dead guy in the back seat when we were driving. She says he was killed on a bike, we looked it up and sure enough a motorcyclist died that week on the road we were on. Another time she was talking to a little dead girl who was murdered in the woods near where she was staying the day before, we found that to be true as well. Now on to my 'problem'.

A couple of years ago, I was living with my mom and step dad, I had numerous paranormal activities. Normally it happened when I slept, it started out with this sleep disorder called "sexomnia". I would wake up and my fiancee (yes I'm 20 years old and married) would ask me if I remembered touching her at night and/or making out with her. I had no memory of it every time it happened, which was every other night. It never got further than groping her thank God, and eventually she would ask me if I'm "awake" before she let me touch or make out with her at night. If I just grunted then she knew it wasn't me. So we took care of that problem for the most part (just this morning though she woke up without a shirt on, I remember going to bed at around 4 am and her having it on, she awoke at around 7 am with it off...). Other times I would feel a presence outside the curtain when taking a shower. One time I woke up to the bed shaking, it was a minor shake until I woke up my wife, then it got pretty violent, somehow I managed to fall asleep while it was shaking.. we laugh about it now because I just left her to deal with it while I went back to sleep. Anyway, we moved out about 8 months ago, got our own place, and everything seemed to stop, no presences felt, no sexomnia, no bed shaking. This morning though, my wife woke me up as she was going to work, I then felt something looking at me, it was very unsettling because it hasn't happened in so long, so I wake up and as I'm surfing the web (looking how to get rid of ghosts), I get a text saying she awoke without a shirt on. That combined with that presence I felt (which I haven't felt in so long) drove me to these forums looking for a solution.

Thank you for reading my wall of text, if you need any other details please just ask.

some minor things: I read online that if you're affiliated with ANY kind of demonic thing then you should get away from it.. I just started playing this game called Diablo II again, in anticipation for its sequel in 2012. Probably nothing but just something I'd thought I'd mention.


#2    Mike G

Mike G

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

View Postsarz, on 24 September 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

it started out with this sleep disorder called "sexomnia".


Have you been formally diagnosed with this condition, or did you self-diagnose after a marathon internet search session? Besides your strange feelings of being watched, which realistically could all easily be subjective and you simply scaring yourself (as it seems that you are already agitated), what evidence do you have that there is any kind of presence in your home?

Just out of curiosity, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking, because some of your writing sounds a little adolescent in its range of thought, no offence.

EDIT: Ah, re-read your 20. Yeah, as you get older you kind of mature and grow out of some of these goofy thoughts, such as fifteen-year-old offerings from Blizzard Ent. causing Satan to pay you a visit, or feeling a little uncomfortable and spooked just because you are living in a new place. I would just give things time. Like a decade. You'll be fine.

Also, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You'll become a misinformed lunatic.

Edited by Mike G, 24 September 2011 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

#3    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,593 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

View PostMike G, on 24 September 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

Also, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You'll become a misinformed lunatic.

Gotta love the Information Age.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#4    sarz

sarz

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:24 Sep 2011

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

My goal in life is to be a psychologist, that being said I have studied the brain A LOT, and I can tell the difference between superstition and something really just not being right. When I feel a presence, I stop and think if my mind is playing tricks on me, I take into account everything from scary movies I've watched to when the last presence was felt (there was a pattern in earlier years), to all the other details people mention when encountering a spirit. My own conclusion is there is something following me, and it's frustrating. I don't want this thing in my life any more, I'm about to call a witch doctor in desperation. If it was my mind playing tricks I would have figured out a way to make it stop.

And the sexomnia was self-diagnosed via some random forum.


#5    Mike G

Mike G

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

View Postsarz, on 24 September 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm about to call a witch doctor in desperation.

And the sexomnia was self-diagnosed via some random forum.

All valid reasons why you might want to consider another profession other than psychology.

Posted Image

#6    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

View Postsarz, on 24 September 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hello, I just registered for possible advise on what to do about my situation. I have researched online time and time again but no one has a case like mine. So here is a little background (skip to the next paragraph for MY problem).. My family is very sensitive to the paranormal. My mom freaks out if I mention a ghost, so I believe she has had experiences that she would wish to forget. My sister has had experiences multiple times (more good ones, like an angel of sorts). Her daughter, who is 8 years old, has it the worst, she actually sees and talks to "dead" people. I have considered the imaginary friend thing but looking into what she actually tells me.. it's no bull. Two cases come to mind, one where she was talking to a dead guy in the back seat when we were driving. She says he was killed on a bike, we looked it up and sure enough a motorcyclist died that week on the road we were on. Another time she was talking to a little dead girl who was murdered in the woods near where she was staying the day before, we found that to be true as well. Now on to my 'problem'.

A couple of years ago, I was living with my mom and step dad, I had numerous paranormal activities. Normally it happened when I slept, it started out with this sleep disorder called "sexomnia". I would wake up and my fiancee (yes I'm 20 years old and married) would ask me if I remembered touching her at night and/or making out with her. I had no memory of it every time it happened, which was every other night. It never got further than groping her thank God, and eventually she would ask me if I'm "awake" before she let me touch or make out with her at night. If I just grunted then she knew it wasn't me. So we took care of that problem for the most part (just this morning though she woke up without a shirt on, I remember going to bed at around 4 am and her having it on, she awoke at around 7 am with it off...). Other times I would feel a presence outside the curtain when taking a shower. One time I woke up to the bed shaking, it was a minor shake until I woke up my wife, then it got pretty violent, somehow I managed to fall asleep while it was shaking.. we laugh about it now because I just left her to deal with it while I went back to sleep. Anyway, we moved out about 8 months ago, got our own place, and everything seemed to stop, no presences felt, no sexomnia, no bed shaking. This morning though, my wife woke me up as she was going to work, I then felt something looking at me, it was very unsettling because it hasn't happened in so long, so I wake up and as I'm surfing the web (looking how to get rid of ghosts), I get a text saying she awoke without a shirt on. That combined with that presence I felt (which I haven't felt in so long) drove me to these forums looking for a solution.

Thank you for reading my wall of text, if you need any other details please just ask.

some minor things: I read online that if you're affiliated with ANY kind of demonic thing then you should get away from it.. I just started playing this game called Diablo II again, in anticipation for its sequel in 2012. Probably nothing but just something I'd thought I'd mention.

Sexomania! lol

Edited by Chimpanzee, 24 September 2011 - 08:38 PM.


#7    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,593 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 24 September 2011 - 08:38 PM, said:

Sexomania! lol

He wrote "sexomnia", not sexomania. But that's how I first read it too. :lol: Sounded like the title of a bad funk song.

Quote

My goal in life is to be a psychologist, that being said I have studied the brain A LOT, and I can tell the difference between superstition and something really just not being right. When I feel a presence, I stop and think if my mind is playing tricks on me, I take into account everything from scary movies I've watched to when the last presence was felt (there was a pattern in earlier years), to all the other details people mention when encountering a spirit. My own conclusion is there is something following me, and it's frustrating. I don't want this thing in my life any more, I'm about to call a witch doctor in desperation. If it was my mind playing tricks I would have figured out a way to make it stop.

I have a hellofa lot of trouble believing you have studied the brain like you claim you have. What is the difference between superstition and "something really just not being right"? Seems if you studied the brain a bit, you could come up with at least an elementary proper way to describe it.

Just stopping to think if your mind is playing tricks on you and not coming up with a resolution doesn't at all mean your brain is not playing tricks on you. If you study the brain, you will realize this. There are so many factors that could contribute to you fooling yourself it is halfway from impossible to cover every angle.

But the more you would study about the brain(A LOT, like you claim), the less and less you would fall to the idea that something supernatural is "following" you. I'll ignore the witch doctor bit. ^_^

edit - left an important "not" out.

Edited by Jerry Only, 24 September 2011 - 09:20 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#8    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

This topic still makes me laugh lol

We've all woken up in the night to discover ourselves at it with our partners.


#9    nyuk

nyuk

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:24 AM

Ouch, being a bit harsh on sarz guys.
Maybe he really is being haunted or something.

However, im defo gonna see if i can use the sexomnia excuse ;)


#10    Mike G

Mike G

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:49 AM

View Postnyuk, on 25 September 2011 - 02:24 AM, said:

However, im defo gonna see if i can use the sexomnia excuse ;)

That seems like a good way to wake up with mysterious scratches and possibly your things eerily packed and teleported to the porch by unseen hands.

Edited by Mike G, 25 September 2011 - 02:51 AM.

Posted Image

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,214 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

Sexommia..... I wonder if my wife is up for it ;)

Starz.... Your " shaking" is a common  experience when switching in and out of altered states. You are probably experiencing some altered states related to interruptions  of your normal sleep cycle....... Your sexomnia is a dead give away.

I doubt you have a negative attachment.

1) stop having sex all hours of the night. ( I can't believe I just said that)
2) cut back on the partying
3) maintain a better sleep cycle.

It's funny all those questioning your maturity and knowledge, when they themselves are clueless. It's obviouse to any body with experience tha it's a sleep issue.

If you still feel like it's a negative attachment..... Pm me I can give you some things to do there swell. A sleep study would not be such a bad idea either.

Good luck

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    sarz

sarz

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined:24 Sep 2011

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 25 September 2011 - 03:17 AM, said:

Sexommia..... I wonder if my wife is up for it ;)

Starz.... Your " shaking" is a common  experience when switching in and out of altered states. You are probably experiencing some altered states related to interruptions  of your normal sleep cycle....... Your sexomnia is a dead give away.

I doubt you have a negative attachment.

1) stop having sex all hours of the night. ( I can't believe I just said that)
2) cut back on the partying
3) maintain a better sleep cycle.

It's funny all those questioning your maturity and knowledge, when they themselves are clueless. It's obviouse to any body with experience tha it's a sleep issue.

If you still feel like it's a negative attachment..... Pm me I can give you some things to do there swell. A sleep study would not be such a bad idea either.

Good luck

Ahh okay thanks, I have thought about putting cameras up to see just what goes on when I sleep, just haven't had the budget. And the shaking was felt by both me and my wife so it's possible we were both in altered states at the same time? Your post made a lot of sense, and I will try your 3 points. I'm glad it's a sleep issue.

*Snip*

Edited by Karlis, 25 September 2011 - 07:04 AM.
Deleted snide remarks


#13    Mike G

Mike G

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

View Postsarz, on 25 September 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

And the shaking was felt by both me and my wife so it's possible we were both in altered states at the same time?

I am sure that Seeker79 can easily account for that with his vast sleep experience.  :blush:

Posted Image

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,214 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

View Postsarz, on 25 September 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

Ahh okay thanks, I have thought about putting cameras up to see just what goes on when I sleep, just haven't had the budget. And the shaking was felt by both me and my wife so it's possible we were both in altered states at the same time? Your post made a lot of sense, and I will try your 3 points. I'm glad it's a sleep issue.

*Snip*
Hmmmm both of you felt it?  I have herd of that three times now. Normally only the person feels it. But I have a feeling that some experiencers might react to it physically thereby alerting another. I can't be sure.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,214 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

View PostMike G, on 25 September 2011 - 03:42 AM, said:

I am sure that Seeker79 can easily account for that with his vast sleep experience.  :blush:
Probably less vast and more like extensive. ;)

Edited by Seeker79, 25 September 2011 - 02:03 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users