Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange Case: "The Dartman"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Between February 28, 1975 and May 13, 1976 at least 23 female residents of New York's Westchester County were wounded by one-inch steel darts, fired by an unknown assailant armed with an air gun. All the victims lived in ground-floor apartments, and each was wounded in the head, neck or chest by the projectiles fired through windows. No suspects was identified in the case, and police lost interest two months after the final attack when a gunman calling himself The Son of Sam brought terror to New York city. The Westchester "Dartman" remained at large.

Journalist Maury Terry, investigating alleged satanic connections in the "Sam" case, discovered that the Dartman was a symbol of death in 15th century Europe. It made a tantalizing lead, combined with reports of cult gatherings, canine sacrifices and ritual gang rapes in Westchester County, but without a suspect or a solid lead the case went cold. A similar series of woundings, blamed on an unknown blowgun sniper, were reported from Washington in the spring of 2002. That case also remains unsolved.

Source: The Encyclopedia of Unsolved Crimes

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

an odd case (never have heard of it before), but no one was killed so i can kinda see why the police lost interest with it (not saying it's right that they did but the media can easily make things vanish from the public's mind...).

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 24 September 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#3    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 24 September 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

an odd case (never have heard of it before), but no one was killed so i can kinda see why the police lost interest with it (not saying it's right that they did but the media can easily make things vanish from the public's mind...).
Yeah, I agree with you, the fact nobody died might have been a factor in this case being forgotten by the authorities. Sad but true. :(

#4    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

happened again in 1990

My link

My link

tho clearly not the same offender unless he was 14 or so at the time of the first attacks.

#5    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,048 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

This sounds like a continuation of Charles Fort's description of the "uncatchables".

#6    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,691 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

It's disturbing and sad that people do this sort of thing. Unfortunately if you look up a timeline of such crimes, dart attacks seem to pop up every few years all over the country. Fired darts, blow gun darts.. Even a case or two where darts were thought to be poisoned or biologically dangerous.

Equally disturbing and sad is when things like this get overshadowed by more sensational news, like in the case Jon posted.

#7    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,925 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Well I can understand how it got lost amidst the Son of Sam case, it shouldn't have just been forgotten though. But how creepy, you don't really hear about that type of thing often.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users