Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran Promises "80 Seconds Of Hell!"

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:17 AM

Anyway, given that any action we make against Iran will create more terorists we really have no win situations all over the place. huh.gif Its not like we can even fiund a revolution, cause if histories anything to go by, we'll be back in 20 years to fight whoever we suport.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#17    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:19 AM

i'm all for regime change, i just don't understand how you can support an iranian regime change which will be a hell of allot more bloody and be against Iraqi regime change?

#18    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:21 AM

Are you proposing nukes? huh.gif cause thats even more excessive?

Anyway, I said 'maybe', there is a good chance Iran's bluffing to save face with extremists.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#19    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:43 AM

hmmmm? when was i proposing nukes?

the only time i'd propose the use of nukes would be during a nuclear war:P
if they are gonna nuke me, f*** em:)

Anyway, I said 'maybe', there is a good chance Iran's bluffing to save face with extremists.

what if intelligence points to them telling the truth?
you know, what if Iran rattles its sabre allot, makes lots of big calls, and the intelligence available at the time supports it?  whistling2.gif

see where i'm going:P

#20    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:48 AM

hmmmm? when was i proposing nukes?

I was asking not acussing.

what if intelligence points to them telling the truth?
you know, what if Iran rattles its sabre allot, makes lots of big calls, and the intelligence available at the time supports it?

see where i'm going:P

No, I don't. You don't want to use nukes. You don't want to use an invasion. You don't want to wait for Iran to make the first move. What do you want? huh.gif

#21    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:59 AM

Quote from source
:
And, one last fact: The 9/11 commission in its report poses a question, "September 11 was a day of unprecedented shock. The nation was unprepared. How can we avoid such a tragedy again?"

The answer has to be obvious. Ensure that Iran does not have the opportunity to make a first-strike against the U.S. and that Iran stops attempting to make Iraq a colony.

Pre-emption against Iran will happen.  They don't as yet possess nuclear weapons.  And they won't.  They are behind the insurgent terrorists in Iraq and have been funding Al Queda and other terrorists groups for years.  So....who is for the pre-emptive strike against Iran and who is against it?  Show us your marbles please.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#22    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:02 AM

I think we have our hands full with Iraq at the moment without charging into its larger neighbour.

#23    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:12 AM

Then again, charging into Iran may actually help stabilize things in Iraq.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#24    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:14 AM

Our spread our troops even further, antagonise an already war-sick domestic front, and increase the appearance that we are attacking Islam.

If you really want a war so bad at least wait until Iraq has settled down enough to become a viable ally.

#25    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:59 AM

No, I don't. You don't want to use nukes. You don't want to use an invasion. You don't want to wait for Iran to make the first move. What do you want?

hmmmmmm
ok i guess i'll have to clarify

I agree with an invasion some time in the future, i'm not fussed if its use of preemptive policy as they have done more than enough to show that they are/plan on becoming a nice big threat.

When i say i'm against the invasion, and against preemption, i'm pointing towards your stance on the Iraq war (i'm assuming you were against it) I'm trying to demonstrate that what we have is essentially the lead up to Iraq all over again, awesome.

#26    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(joc @ Sep 5 2004, 10:12 PM)
Then again, charging into Iran may actually help stabilize things in Iraq.

View Post

We don't have enough troops or resources to do that though...we are spread extremely thin as is. I think we can only overthrow one country at a time.

I personally think that Iran was more of a "grave and gathering" threat to us than was Iraq...So is Saudi Arabia. Oh yeah, lets not forget syria...Egypt has been pissing me off too so we might as well include them.

Personally if we are going to be running around the world taking over countries we should do it right and take over everybody in the middle east and flat out take thier oil so that we can make back some of the billions that we are spending on trying to rebuild these other countries after we invade. No "installing a democracy" BS...we throw out the old government and out our people in charge. We take all of the oil and sell it for a profit that we keep.

Geez, if we are going to send out boys out to die in other countries we might as well get somthing for our troubles...

Edited by Fluffybunny, 06 September 2004 - 07:16 AM.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#27    Velikovsky

Velikovsky

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

• It's mind over matter,
    I don't mind because
    You don't matter

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:55 AM

I'm glad I already did my service time sounds like the draft is coming back.
I always supported an invasion of Iran or North Korea. Iraq was just such a waste of time.
The simple fact is if you want to make threats you'd better back them up.
I say as of right now we send in some missiles about every other day and seriously impair their military.
See how well they can back up their threats then.
Force a surrender without ever sending a single troop into the country. Then force them to pay back the cost of every missile we had to waste on them.

Posted Image
Columnist for Unexplained Mysteries.

#28    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:41 AM

I always supported an invasion of Iran or North Korea.

why don't we invade china while we are at it  rolleyes.gif

iraq was part of a bigger plan

#29    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

A regime change maybe, mass murder no.

A regime change...

hang on, that rings a bell, isn't that what we tried to do in Iraq? And look where that got us.

Besides, Bush won't nuke them, he's stupid but not that stupid he's not going to nuke someone when they're sitting on top of a huge oil supply.

Edited by thebarman, 06 September 2004 - 10:13 AM.

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#30    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:24 AM

hang on, that rings a bell, isn't that what we tried to do in Iraq? And look where that got us.

yeah, Iraq is now in a position to move forward into the 21st century

Besides, Bush won't nuke them, he's stupid but not that stupid he's not going to nuke someone when they're sitting on top of a huge oil supply.

get a clue thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users