Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

American Horror Story

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

Has anyone noticed this show that premiers next week on October 5th on FX? If you haven't heard of it, this is the premise from an article about the show:

The show follows the Harmons — husband and wife Ben and Vivien and their daughter Violet  — who have moved from Boston to Los Angles into a house that has quite a bit of history to it. That history, as it turns out, has been why the Harmons have gotten it for a steal, and they’re quick to blow off the circumstances under which the place went up for sale. We get to see a bit of that history, and it’s clear the Harmons aren’t going to have a home-”sweet”-home here.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,571 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm gonna check it out. Looks interesting. I pretty much end up liking most any show on FX. Lots of originality, good writing and concepts.

Posted Image

#3    Average Fallacy

Average Fallacy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

I cannot wait to see how this goes over. The teasers and stuff that have been floating around the internet have me seriously hyped! Looks super eerie.

Excuse me, you're standing on my neck.

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

First time I saw the commercial for it, I thought it was a movie I hadn't heard of, then I saw that it was a tv show and I was surprised.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,051 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

I caught this last night, and it was.. interesting. Weird and twisted, and not just from a spooky point of view.

#6    Feenix Fire

Feenix Fire

Psycho Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

• Don't worry! I'll just use my super psychic powers of Deja Vu!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Bah! I missed it! I've been worried that its not gonna be have as cool as they've tried to make it look. =/

Posted Image
My own little fairy!  ^_^

#7    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,571 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

It was weird, twisted, demented...I liked it so far. They are definitely trying to push the limits of acceptable viewing on cable tv. I will tune in again :)

Posted Image

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

View PostIs it for real, on 06 October 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

It was weird, twisted, demented...I liked it so far. They are definitely trying to push the limits of acceptable viewing on cable tv. I will tune in again :)

That's what FX is known for...

#9    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,571 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

View PostOffeiriad, on 06 October 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

That's what FX is known for...
That's why all my fav shows are on that channel. This show definitely raised an eyebrow or two more than I expected though. I hope they cool it with the man-ass though.

Edited by Is it for real, 06 October 2011 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

#10    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,051 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

View PostIs it for real, on 06 October 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

That's why all my fav shows are on that channel. This show definitely raised an eyebrow or two more than I expected though. I hope they cool it with the man-ass though.

Lol, I didn't mind the nakie butt action. But yeah, if yer getting caught wandering around in a trance or sleepwalking or whatever is supposed to be happening to him, start wearing at least boxers to bed since there's a teenage daughter in the house. EW, lucky she wasn't up looking for a late night snack, lol.

#11    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,571 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

View Postrashore, on 06 October 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Lol, I didn't mind the nakie butt action. But yeah, if yer getting caught wandering around in a trance or sleepwalking or whatever is supposed to be happening to him, start wearing at least boxers to bed since there's a teenage daughter in the house. EW, lucky she wasn't up looking for a late night snack, lol.
Lol yes that family has issues for sure

Posted Image

#12    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

the show was definitely interesting but i'm gonna need to see a few more episodes to decide if i'll finish it.

SRS

#13    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

• “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

Oh hey!  I made a thread about this too!  I saw it, I think I'm so going to like this.  Lots and lots of stuff you want to know what's behind it.  I haven't seen many shows on like this; I was really excited.  Jessica Lange and her daughter were some freakkaaay characters.  I loved how Jessica Lange characters was all nice and then went to crazy beotch in a matter of seconds, lol.  Just lots of interesting characters, my expectations are pretty high so far.  :yes:

Edited by ChloeB, 08 October 2011 - 03:14 AM.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#14    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

View Postrashore, on 06 October 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Lol, I didn't mind the nakie butt action.
I didn't either.

I like the show though, even if you don't know what to make of it it definitely keeps you interested.

Posted Image

#15    Average Fallacy

Average Fallacy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

I finally caught the first episode a day or so ago and watched the second yesterday, I really liked it. I had really high hopes, and while it didn't exactly live up to those, it still caught me off guard. I was honestly expecting it to be a little more down to earth, but it seems to be taking more of a paranormal route, which I don't mind at all. Regardless, I can't wait to see where they go with this series. It will either get really, really interesting or really, really stupid. I'm hoping for the former.

Excuse me, you're standing on my neck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users