Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

View PostPaxus, on 13 October 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

HA HA HA HA HA look at those silly ancient Mayans!
ROFL :lol:

Paxus you troublemaker! :lol:  :rofl:

#62    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:01 AM

View Postbouncer, on 13 October 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

In landscape looks like hes at a workbench or in a motorcycle riding position. But I think it should be viewed as portrait.... as his hair...hangs DOWN that way.  

Good pickup! Yes, I assumed Von Daniken was going with the portrait view, like those speederbikes they have in Star Wars

Posted Image

Apparently Von Daniken made his leap of a conclusion that this was an astronaut depiction as he saw 'stars' in the picture/glyph. And a breathing device on his nose.  

I agree, quite a leap, the breathing device, at first glance, I took for smoke.

Well.... I get xmas cards that show a rotund man in a red suit and hood, and long white beard... flying thru the air with reindeer pulling his flying 'ship'.... he has a back pack on too.  And of course he's flying thru the sky with STARS visible!!!!!!!!

so using Von Danikens logic then, Santa ... really is an ancient astronaut, in  a 'space suit with hood' ...strong space-proof boots...and with a breathing device (portrayed as a tash & beard) and a back-pack containing his life support systems!  Sitting in a flying device.

And as hes in a flying device...the 'ancients' used imagery of reindeer pulling his spaceship thru the stars....

Of course the pic does need to have the reindeer.... as the ancients who worshipped this guy.... couldn't imagine how to draw an engine...or understand how it flew.  The reindeer also have antennae on their heads of course

ha!

http://en.wikipedia....on_D.C3.A4niken

More proof of that rotund fellow! -LINK :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#63    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

I love this thread ! Von-Dani ! Smoke filled temples, Flying Sky-schooters and the like ! No wonder the Mayans had the heads a rollin !
If we could only build a time machine and go back and see !
Where`s Mr. Peabody when you need him ?
Ive actually been to several Mayan ruins and looked very closley at the carvings in the temples. I only see that they were very into Head Choppin !
And Jaguar Lovin,Pot smoking ! and Serious War Lording !
"Runs around Looking for the Way-Back machine !"

Edited by DONTEATUS, 14 October 2011 - 04:29 PM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#64    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 14 October 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

I love this thread ! Von-Dani ! Smoke filled temples, Flying Sky-schooters and the like ! No wonder the Mayans had the heads a rollin !
If we could only build a time machine and go back and see !
Where`s Mr. Peabody when you need him ?
Ive actually been to several Mayan ruins and looked very closley at the carvings in the temples. I only see that they were very into Head Choppin !
And Jaguar Lovin,Pot smoking ! and Serious War Lording !
"Runs around Looking for the Way-Back machine !"

hehehe..

But seriously, that's cool to have been there, but was anything in your opinion, anomalous/weird etc?   Id love to travel places like that and maybe will one day..if I can only win the lottery I expect tho...

#65    hortie

hortie

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• No one is always right, or always right forever

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:45 AM

View PostRedSquirrel, on 29 September 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

Interesting news article, though one part smells just a tad fishy:

Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

The bold is my touch, it seems just like certain California towns that live off of the Jackalope, Bigfoot (bigfeet?) and other oddities. Tourism = big bux.

Edit: I am stupid. More reading makes it pretty clear that the writer of the news article doubts this as well. It does look like a publicity stunt, no?
I live here in the yucatan, it's true stuff, the only thing fishy is naysayers, they don't have any first Hand reference to see for themselves, can't wait!

#66    hortie

hortie

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

View PostScepticus, on 06 October 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

Pretty much. There are  few that still  practice  the same beliefs as the ancient mayans. These people still live in the jungles and have little contact to the outer world.

:D
Man, where u get your info, most civ's around here are fully in contact with the rest of the area.  The knowledge is the real Mayans disappeared before the spaniards got here, these"Mayans who are here noe, just took over the are from Merida and west.  They use the name for tourism.  It took a white guy to decipher the hero glyphs these guys didn't know how.

#67    hortie

hortie

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

In landscape looks like hes at a workbench or in a motorcycle riding position. But I think it should be viewed as portrait.... as his hair...hangs DOWN that way.  

Apparently Von Daniken made his leap of a conclusion that this was an astronaut depiction as he saw 'stars' in the picture/glyph. And a breathing device on his nose.  

Well.... I get xmas cards that show a rotund man in a red suit and hood, and long white beard... flying thru the air with reindeer pulling his flying 'ship'.... he has a back pack on too.  And of course he's flying thru the sky with STARS visible!!!!!!!!

so using Von Danikens logic then, Santa ... really is an ancient astronaut, in  a 'space suit with hood' ...strong space-proof boots...and with a breathing device (portrayed as a tash & beard) and a back-pack containing his life support systems!  Sitting in a flying device.

And as hes in a flying device...the 'ancients' used imagery of reindeer pulling his spaceship thru the stars....

Of course the pic does need to have the reindeer.... as the ancients who worshipped this guy.... couldn't imagine how to draw an engine...or understand how it flew.  The reindeer also have antennae on their heads of course

ha!

http://en.wikipedia....on_D.C3.A4niken
This was the best way for the Mayans to explain what they seen and who pakal was.  In their words he was from the sky.  Sure looks like someone trying to explain a man flying a ship.... The apparatus goes into his nose, signifying he was breathing in a tube.  If you see it in person and talk to the historians from here maybe youd be able to make a more educated opinion.

#68    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

*Keep it on topic please*

#69    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

View Posthortie, on 15 October 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

This was the best way for the Mayans to explain what they seen and who pakal was.  In their words he was from the sky.  Sure looks like someone trying to explain a man flying a ship.... The apparatus goes into his nose, signifying he was breathing in a tube.  If you see it in person and talk to the historians from here maybe youd be able to make a more educated opinion.

Ian Graham is the leading expert today on Mayan Glyphs, and he does not agree with you.

A white guys had to decipher Mayan Glyphs for Mayans? That does not ring any loud alarm bells or wave any red flags for you?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#70    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

View Posthortie, on 15 October 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

I am trying to find the links but am failing... but before History channel nuked it's boards, we had a long drawn out conversation about the Mayan and the things the "AA" theorist use as validation.  on one topic...A gentlemen from the actual region who studies Mayan and central/south American ancient culture provided photos of "nose" jewelry....kinda clamp in things...some rather bizarre.  This is the "mouthpiece/nosepiece" breathing apparatus the AA theorists like to use...it is not an Oxygen tank folks...it's an ancient equivalent of a nose-ring....seriously.

#71    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,226 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

I believe theres more to this than people give credit for ..myself, I find it stunning that the golden plane models 1000's of years old have been tested & actually fly very well

There are videos you can find by experts that have reproduced these models and found them to be completely capable of flight ..however, I will post this video of an amateaur who reproduced one of the models to point this fact out because he has been the only one to include in his model the unusual coil shaped features on the fore edge of the wings and they seem to add an interesting improvement in this models flight

#72    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

View Postdazdillinjah, on 09 February 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

I believe theres more to this than people give credit for ..myself, I find it stunning that the golden plane models 1000's of years old have been tested & actually fly very well

There are videos you can find by experts that have reproduced these models and found them to be completely capable of flight ..however, I will post this video of an amateaur who reproduced one of the models to point this fact out because he has been the only one to include in his model the unusual coil shaped features on the fore edge of the wings and they seem to add an interesting improvement in this models flight

Ah, that model which looks like a flying fish? It was my first reaction when I saw it, despite having someone yelling "ALIEN SPACECRAFT!" But you know, add wings on a fish, and it will become a bite aero dynamic  :rolleyes:  ET contact requires more evidence than a piece of jewelry that's open to intrepetation.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#73    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

I love it ! WHere would we be without ideas ?

#74    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,226 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Guess we will have no further comments until the documentary comes out :)

#75    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Or until someone video`s a R/C Alien ,Mayan FTL starship.
Oh ! They already did that !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users