Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Us Shielded Saudi's After Sept 11 Links

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:39 AM

Source:    
                                WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Sen. Bob Graham, intelligence  committee chairman in the run-up to the Iraq war, said on  Sunday the Bush administration had "taken every step" to shield  Saudi Arabia from links to the Sept. 11 attacks.

The Florida Democrat in 2002 helped launch a joint inquiry  with the House Intelligence Committee that produced a report on  intelligence failures related to the Sept. 11 attacks.

He told NBC's "Meet the Press" that his new book,  "Intelligence Matters," makes the case on "the extent to which  Saudi Arabia was a key part of making 9/11 happen."

"Yet this administration has taken every step to obfuscate,  avoid and cover up Saudi Arabia's actions," he added.

Saudi officials have repeatedly denied ties to the Sept. 11  hijackers, and publicized their efforts to combat al Qaeda.

President Bush's presidential re-election campaign called  the former Senate Intelligence Committee chairman's allegations  baseless.

Excerpts from Graham's book, which goes on sale on Tuesday,  showed that at least two of the hijackers had support from Omar  al-Bayoumi, whom the senator called a Saudi government spy and  said was a "ghost employee" of a Saudi contracting firm, Erean.  The owner of the firm, Graham said, was thought to be a  supporter of Osama bin Laden.

Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry called for  an immediate investigation into Graham's allegations.

"If the White House and the FBI did in fact block an  investigation into the ties between the Saudi government and  the 9/11 hijackers, then this would be a massive abuse of  power," Kerry said in a statement.

The Bush campaign dismissed the issue.

"John Kerry is flailing about making baseless attacks  founded on the assertions of a failed presidential candidate,"  Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel said.

Graham dropped out of the Democratic presidential race in  October 2003.

The U.S.-Saudi alliance has been strained since the  devastating Sept. 11, 2001, hijack attacks by Saudi-born Osama  bin Laden's al Qaeda group. Most of the hijackers were Saudis.

U.S. officials say efforts by the oil-rich kingdom on  fighting al Qaeda have increased dramatically.                                  

Source

#2    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

I'm not surprised, they get oil from it.

Saudi officials have repeatedly denied ties to the Sept. 11 hijackers, and publicized their efforts to combat al Qaeda.

Not surprised by this either, considering that Bush seems to be bombing anything he links with the goup, best to make sure to distance yourself as much as possible.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#3    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:16 AM

It drives me nuts to think how the bush campaign has allowed Saudi Arabia to walk away unscathed when the connections to the actual terrorists of 9/11 hit so much closer to saudi arabia than to Iraq.

I think that I personally would have gone after Saudi first...of course the bush family has recieved hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts from the saudi royal familiy...so you can make up your own mind there...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#4    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Sep 6 2004, 03:16 AM)
It drives me nuts to think how the bush campaign has allowed Saudi Arabia to walk away unscathed when the connections to the actual terrorists of 9/11 hit so much closer to saudi arabia than to Iraq.

I think that I personally would have gone after Saudi first...of course the bush family has recieved hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts from the saudi royal familiy...so you can make up your own mind there...

View Post

Actually, going after Saudi Arabia first could really hurt the USs economy, considering they have lots of money invested in the US. On one hand I dont agree with what they did regarding the situation... but on the other I can understand why they did it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#5    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:51 AM

Actually, going after Saudi Arabia first could really hurt the USs economy, considering they have lots of money invested in the US. On one hand I dont agree with what they did regarding the situation... but on the other I can understand why they did it.

Kinda makes the whole war on terror redundant though doesn't it, blasting the wasps one at a time, instead going after the nest.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#6    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:22 AM

on the other hand.... you have different fingers -My X

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#7    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:39 AM

1) the 9/11 report cleared the Administration of these claims, this  sounds like a desperate smear from the democrats to me

2) yes Saudi Arabia is a problem, however they have the abiulity to easily cripple the worlds economy, even going to war would do the same.

3) makes you wonder, did the US free/take Iraq as a precursor to getting rid of the Saudis?

#8    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:44 AM

why does it always come down to Democrats vs Republicans to some people?

Nothing to see here.

#9    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:50 AM

because they see the world in black and white

#10    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:52 AM

His claims are not in the 9/11 commisions findings, it just seems like a political move to me

well if it isn't just democrats vs republican, i guess the whole swiftboat case has nothing to do with democrats vs republican, nor does Farenheit 9/11 and Moveon.org

Edited by bathory, 06 September 2004 - 03:56 AM.

#11    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:55 AM

It's not always about politics, Bathory.

Nothing to see here.

#12    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:58 AM

rolleyes.gif

i know, in this case its looks like its about money, with Kerry latching on to a soundbite:)

I ask, why aren't these claims in the 9/11 commitees report? HMMMM? answer that please

#13    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:01 AM

Because its written by government lackies. huh.gif

#14    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:05 AM

Have you actually seen Farenheit 9/11?  How come it's been revealed that some of the swiftboat vets were lying?  Do you have any thoughts that are actually your own?

Nothing to see here.

#15    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:33 AM

Have you actually seen Farenheit 9/11? How come it's been revealed that some of the swiftboat vets were lying? Do you have any thoughts that are actually your own?

1) yes
2) that is irrelevant
both are a case of political bullshit used to hurt the otherside

3) obviously, because i'm not agreeing with you

you have to be kidding me, i disagree with you and i'm being a sheep? bahahah, moron, i disagree with you because i'm suspicious of this guys motives, he comes out of the blue and contradicts the 9/11 report, right after the republican convention...that doesn't seem suspicious to you?
oh right, you are thinking for yourself while i'm here sitting in my underpants swinging a cat around by its tail. Now stfu and get a clue thanks, i'm simply saying its suspect.

Check Mate MF

Because its written by government lackies.

everyone has an agenda, the 9/11 commision had input by both republicans and democrats and because of this i would say it is a hell of allot more bipartisan than what this guy is saying, i also might note that this very same twat was the Intelligence Commitee chairman in the leadup to the Iraq war, nice job you guys did screening the intelligence that was given to you..

This guy has 3 big motivations for saying what he is saying

1) Money, he needs to sell a book
2) Damage the Republican campaign
3) because its the truth

1) makes sense
2) the timing screams this, and he can capitalise on the controversy and sell a few more books
3) why the f*** didn't he say something sooner? why so close to the election, just after the god damn convention?

Sorry, i just get really pissed off when someone says i'm not thinking for myself, everything here is 100% made in Bathory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users