Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Amanda Knox is Free

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#106    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,502 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 20 December 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Really only the third one is odd.  Lots of people let the police lead them to say things that are not true.  When I was a kid I got in trouble for shoplifting with my friends.  The police were trying to get me to say all kinds of things for hours telling me they knew it was my friends responsible for some string of shoplifting.  I kept my cool and never said anything because there was nothing to say, but one of my friends was tricked into saying all sorts of things that were not true, including accusing her own brother of something he didn't do.  The police can be intimidating if you do not grow up in a family of lawyers.

Yes, but that does not blanket "all".
Her lies could be questioned, but we should not totally throw them out.

#107    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,386 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

Never believe she or her boyfiend really did it, all though they were there and were to out on drugs to realize what was going on. The guy that was with her room mate (the victim) said he had sex with her and went to the bathroon and came back and she was dead and is in prison for her murder.

#108    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

View PostMyles, on 20 December 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Yes, but that does not blanket "all".
Her lies could be questioned, but we should not totally throw them out.

Knox lied. Sollecito lied. Like I said, no-one who believes in her 'innocence' bothers to reply.

I think Meredith Kercher's family would like some of those questions answered.

Before Knox's book about how badly she's been treated hits ebay.

#109    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,274 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

http://au.news.yahoo...al-for-memoirs/

What a surprise. Knox has signed a $4 mill bookdeal, after meeting with 'several' publishing companies.

I quote: HarperCollins publisher Jonathan Burnham said Knox, who studied creative writing, would work with a collaborator.

If you read any of her online diaries you'd agree that she studied creative writing. Among other creative activities.

Amanda Knox. Class act.

I wonder if Patrick Lumumba will see any of that money?

#110    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,502 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Damn, I was wrong.    I put my money on her doing a playboy spread to make her money.

#111    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm so glad that justice was finally done by the Italian justice system.

Had she been caught up in the US justice system, she would still be in prison serving out some "mandatory minimum" sentence imposed by the criminals in congress.

#112    hallucinatingmonkey

hallucinatingmonkey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

I heard somewhere that an appeal has been filed by the prosecution and that this case will be heard again within the next year or two.

Hopefully this time around they don't make the same mistakes as the appeals court did.

#113    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,114 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I actually watched this all happen in the courtroom before she got acquitted.
And the curious thing being the fact that I was rooting for Ms Knox.
I don't know what it was exactly but maybe It could be her doe-eyed,innocent expression.
I just couldn't imagine an All-American girl committing murder.
The irony being the fact I plumb forgot about the victim even though she's a fellow Brit.
She could well be guilty for all I know but my heart went right to her on that night.

Edited by Walnut Whip, 29 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#114    ali smack

ali smack

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I believe she is/was innocent and so was her boyfriend.I don't believe they ever killed meredith kercher as there was no evidence that they did.
and the police were corrupt and messed up.
I think that the black chap, which name escapes me killed meredith kercher and that the other 2 were innocent. I also think the black chap probably killed her with some unknown people.

#115    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,500 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostAntilles, on 25 December 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

Like I said, no-one who believes in her 'innocence' bothers to reply.

Remember how you once pointed out that I said I first had to refresh my memory on a couple of cases...you said I always had to do that? Ha-ha! Well, I'd have to do that here with this case, but I remember at the time- after her and her boyfriend were imprisoned and having learned of the evidence- being of the belief that they both were innocent. I remember her behavior was strange in an instance or two, but even then, I think it was misinterpreted, and I think her boyfriend acknowledges and points out both of those things, but anyway, it was clear to me that her and her boyfriend were innocent, so needless to say, I'm glad they're finally out of prison.

Edited by regi, 23 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#116    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,500 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...book/index.html

Sollecito and Knox had been dating for only 8 or 9 days...he described intense pressure from police to throw Amanda under the bus...they "used anything to push me into the corner". There was also pressure for members of his own family.
Sollecito spent 6 months in solitary confinement.
Despite that it was "unbearable...I had all of the world against me"...he stood by the truth.
"For me, they were just offering me another death. So for me, basically, the choice was I'll be the rest of my life in prison- which is almost a death; and on the other plate, were throwing Amanda under the bus- which is also a death, because I can not walk around on the street just realizing that I'm the reason why an innocent girl of 20 years old being put in jail for the rest of her life."

#117    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,274 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

View Postregi, on 23 January 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Remember how you once pointed out that I said I first had to refresh my memory on a couple of cases...you said I always had to do that? Ha-ha! Well, I'd have to do that here with this case, but I remember at the time- after her and her boyfriend were imprisoned and having learned of the evidence- being of the belief that they both were innocent. I remember her behavior was strange in an instance or two, but even then, I think it was misinterpreted, and I think her boyfriend acknowledges and points out both of those things, but anyway, it was clear to me that her and her boyfriend were innocent, so needless to say, I'm glad they're finally out of prison.

regi, if Knox and Sollecito had been tried in a US court and a by the book police and CSI investigation had been conducted, they'd both be convicted criminals. In prison.

#118    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,500 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Oh come on, Antilles. I understand your position, but regardless of evidence in a case- or if every aspect of an investigation is considered without flaw- you still can't say for sure that there will be a conviction.

Of course, it's my position that if the investigation HAD been without flaw, then the whole fiasco would have never happened, and we likely would have never even heard of the victim, much less, Knox and Sollecito.

#119    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,274 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

View Postregi, on 01 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh come on, Antilles. I understand your position, but regardless of evidence in a case- or if every aspect of an investigation is considered without flaw- you still can't say for sure that there will be a conviction.

Of course, it's my position that if the investigation HAD been without flaw, then the whole fiasco would have never happened, and we likely would have never even heard of the victim, much less, Knox and Sollecito.

Well now, you agree with me regi! :D  Let me ask you this and I know you'll give me an honest answer. You always do.  If there was such a thing as a scale for innocence, with 1 being guilty and 10 being innocent, where would you honestly place her? Just for the sake of argument.

#120    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostAntilles, on 01 February 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

regi, if Knox and Sollecito had been tried in a US court and a by the book police and CSI investigation had been conducted, they'd both be convicted criminals. In prison.

I watched clips from her original trial and my gut instincts said guilty, it was written all over her face.

I think before cases are overthrown a lie detector test or CCT Scan must also take place.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 02 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users