Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records


  • Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#151    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,886 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

Another dangerous person who thinks he has the right to subvert Democracy.

Pot meet kettle.

It's ok for YOU to say that homosexuals should be kept track of, but for someone else to say YOU should be kept track of oh no, that's subversion of democracy.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#152    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 07 October 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Pot meet kettle.

It's ok for YOU to say that homosexuals should be kept track of, but for someone else to say YOU should be kept track of oh no, that's subversion of democracy.

He said people like me shouldnt have any influence in society.

I have the right to vote as anybody else. He is a left wing extremist. He wants society closed down so the only people that can practice Democracy are those that agree with his views. Thats a single party democracy as in North Korea.


#153    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,117 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

He said people like me shouldnt have any influence in society.

I have the right to vote as anybody else. He is a left wing extremist. He wants society closed down so the only people that can practice Democracy are those that agree with his views. Thats a single party democracy as in North Korea.



Records are kept on every single person no matter what they believe or what crimes they have been charged with. If a person is charged with a crime and later found innocent of said crime should that still be on there record when looking for employment or moving to a new community.

What you suggest is so far right wing or even maybe left wing we can't tell. All you have shown is that you are in favor of profiling people and if that were the case you would be profiled right now as an extremist what ever scale you weigh in on.

Do you want cameras in peoples homes to make sure they conform to the law.


When you speak of a one party democracy you might want to look at the US as an example that the two party system is one.  North Korea really, you want to say that you are against that nation but on the other hand you want to be more like that nation.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 07 October 2011 - 02:51 PM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#154    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

    Stinky Cheese

  • Member
  • 6,874 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Oops.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

He said people like me shouldnt have any influence in society.

I have the right to vote as anybody else. He is a left wing extremist. He wants society closed down so the only people that can practice Democracy are those that agree with his views. Thats a single party democracy as in North Korea.
Odd how when someone uses your own logic and applies it to yourself you start claiming totalitarianism.

Such as what you're promoting applies to everyone or no one,

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#155    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Records are kept on every single person no matter what they believe or what crimes they have been charged with. If a person is charged with a crime and later found innocent of said crime should that still be on there record when looking for employment or moving to a new community.

What you suggest is so far right wing or even maybe left wing we can't tell. All you have shown is that you are in favor of profiling people and if that were the case you would be profiled right now as an extremist what ever scale you weigh in on.

Do you want cameras in peoples homes to make sure they conform to the law.

When you speak of a one party democracy you might want to look at the US as an example that the two party system is one.  North Korea really, you want to say that you are against that nation but on the other hand you want to be more like that nation.

It isnt a criminal record which should be retained its that they had their rights violated with a prison sentence. Some may harbour deep resentment such that they might even become terrorists. All I'm saying is the state should monitor them to make sure they havent produced a terrorist or someone that would cause problems in the wrong sort of job.

A police state targetting Police Officers, Prison Officers, Judges and Solicitors should be allowed. It should be a condition of their employment that the state can monitor them and make sure they dont allow predujices into their jobs.


#156    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,117 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

It isnt a criminal record which should be retained its that they had their rights violated with a prison sentence. Some may harbour deep resentment such that they might even become terrorists. All I'm saying is the state should monitor them to make sure they havent produced a terrorist or someone that would cause problems in the wrong sort of job.

A police state targetting Police Officers, Prison Officers, Judges and Solicitors should be allowed. It should be a condition of their employment that the state can monitor them and make sure they dont allow predujices into their jobs.


It would be impossible to do. For one you would have to monitor generations of people because bigotry starts at home. How do we monitor a perfectly sound police officer that 30 years ago was taught to hate gays from his father and other family members. Bigotry is passed from one generation to another, not because one individual was charged with a crime. You may as well be talking about thought crime.

Society produces criminals in many ways however I doubt a gay person charged with a so called gay crime will strap a bomb on there back and blow up a court house.  A group of gay terrorists, what would we call them, Touchamybumbum.

Seems you have an extreme form of homophobia, terrorists, really....

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#157    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

It would be impossible to do. For one you would have to monitor generations of people because bigotry starts at home. How do we monitor a perfectly sound police officer that 30 years ago was taught to hate gays from his father and other family members. Bigotry is passed from one generation to another, not because one individual was charged with a crime. You may as well be talking about thought crime.

Society produces criminals in many ways however I doubt a gay person charged with a so called gay crime will strap a bomb on there back and blow up a court house.  A group of gay terrorists, what would we call them, Touchamybumbum.

Seems you have an extreme form of homophobia, terrorists, really....

So suppose a gay man got 10 years for being gay and unable to deal with prison life tries to hang himself. Do you think that guy could be a potential terrorist?

I do


#158    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,117 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

So suppose a gay man got 10 years for being gay and unable to deal with prison life tries to hang himself. Do you think that guy could be a potential terrorist?

I do


I don't. No more so then a guy who is charged with vehicular manslaughter because he decided to answer his cell phone and tried to hang himself in prison.  

The gay person might have some annimocity but so do hundreds of thousands of people right now that have lost there jobs and homes because the banks failed them. I would be more concerned about that.  Should we monitor and track every person that looses there job, home, family. They are far more likely to perform a terrorist act then a wrongfully jailed gay person.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#159    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I don't. No more so then a guy who is charged with vehicular manslaughter because he decided to answer his cell phone and tried to hang himself in prison.  

The gay person might have some annimocity but so do hundreds of thousands of people right now that have lost there jobs and homes because the banks failed them. I would be more concerned about that.  Should we monitor and track every person that looses there job, home, family. They are far more likely to perform a terrorist act then a wrongfully jailed gay person.

The state must protect itself from those who could be possible terrorists.

The mentally ill, weirdos, suicide attempters and people that resent our way of life should be monitored as potential terrorists. Due to the high suicide rates in the gay population and the fact many were imprisoned that includes them too.

In fact I believe the US already prevents foreign nationals from entering who have these problems. We should adopt that policy here in the UK and expand it to monitoring the above individuals just in case.


#160    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,117 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

The state must protect itself from those who could be possible terrorists.

The mentally ill, weirdos, suicide attempters and people that resent our way of life should be monitored as potential terrorists. Due to the high suicide rates in the gay population and the fact many were imprisoned that includes them too.

In fact I believe the US already prevents foreign nationals from entering who have these problems. We should adopt that policy here in the UK and expand it to monitoring the above individuals just in case.


So you want to put together a panel that decides who is mentally ill, 99% of the population sufferes from some sort of mental condition so thats out the window. Weirdos, ok who decides that and what is wrong with being different. People who attempt suicide need help not persicution.

Who the hell says gay's resent streight people anyway. That would mean gay people hate there parents and siblings that arn't gay like them.... No, it seems you resent the gay community due to unfounded fears I have no idea why you hold.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 07 October 2011 - 03:57 PM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#161    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,886 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

So suppose a gay man got 10 years for being gay and unable to deal with prison life tries to hang himself. Do you think that guy could be a potential terrorist?

I do

Then give me even ONE example of such a person that has become a terrorist. Just one will do. Because surely there should be at least one by now. This is where your logic fails.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#162    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

    Stinky Cheese

  • Member
  • 6,874 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Oops.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

The state must protect itself from those who could be possible terrorists.

The mentally ill, weirdos, suicide attempters and people that resent our way of life should be monitored as potential terrorists. Due to the high suicide rates in the gay population and the fact many were imprisoned that includes them too.

In fact I believe the US already prevents foreign nationals from entering who have these problems. We should adopt that policy here in the UK and expand it to monitoring the above individuals just in case.

  For someone who seems to be attempting to portray themselves as being against communism and facism, you sure do seem to know the marching lines.


No, the US doesn't ban the mentally ill, or weirdos, or those who've attempted suicide.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 07 October 2011 - 04:42 PM.
To fix quote tags. I saw what you did there ShadowSot. Don't do it again. This is my only warning.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#163    smurf0852

smurf0852

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

You are dangerous

You have the opinion that conviction records shouldnt be kept which is your right. However I get the impression you're like Robert Mugabe

http://en.wikipedia....closeup2008.jpg

You're the sort that would send foot soliders around to start murdering and beating your political opponents. The reason why is some totally, over the top, hyped up paranoia.
oh i am dangerous to people like yourself because i believe every citizen of this country regardless of race,gender,sexual orientation or which version of the god myth they believe should have equallity of opportunity and i would fight against tyranical oppinions like yours till my last breath if i needed to .so if believeing in freedom makes me dangerous then so be it.


#164    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 07 October 2011 - 04:26 PM, said:

oh i am dangerous to people like yourself because i believe every citizen of this country regardless of race,gender,sexual orientation or which version of the god myth they believe should have equallity of opportunity and i would fight against tyranical oppinions like yours till my last breath if i needed to .so if believeing in freedom makes me dangerous then so be it.

No because you are ignorant of the reality that people who have been wronged by the state with prison sentences might harbour such deep resentment as to do something

and for those that realise that reality you see them as tyrannical.


#165    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,886 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

No because you are ignorant of the reality that people who have been wronged by the state with prison sentences might harbour such deep resentment as to do something

and for those that realise that reality you see them as tyrannical.

So should we monitor all Muslims and people of Irish descent? Both of those groups have done ACTUAL terrorist attacks agaisnt the state in recent memory. Whereas gay people... haven't.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users