Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#76    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

View PostOffeiriad, on 05 October 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

A little while ago, I didn't have much to say... but now there is one thing I would like to say:

I'm glad that your fantastical utopia will never exist. I am one of those homosexuals you so clearly despise.

Are you saying you'd be unprofessional?

#77    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,891 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 08:02 PM, said:

The fact they got locked up may mean that deep down inside many might have issues over their treatment.
So... we should prosecute them MORE?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#78    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 05 October 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

So... we should prosecute them MORE?

Prosecute for what?

I think you mean monitor, investigate and restrict where appropiate.

#79    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,292 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

It isnt yes or no.

It depends on whether the person is likely to be unprofessional to the woman.

But your statement above (first quote) doesn't indicate this stance.  Your quote indicates that you feel all homosexuals should be screened if applying for jobs that would put them in any type of authority over hetrosexuals.

So my question was if a black, Jewish, gay, orphaned, man can be automatically disqualified because of what he is or if the disqualification MUST be based on actions in his life?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#80    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

Prosecute for what?

Strange that almost sounds like...

Posted Image

OH...  :unsure2:

#81    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,996 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Prosecute for what?

I think persecute is on the money here. You want those things placed on them which is a form of discrimination and persecution.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#82    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,292 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

View PostVerneph, on 05 October 2011 - 08:11 PM, said:

Strange that almost sounds like...

Posted Image

OH...  :unsure2:

BAD VERNEPH!!!

Double godwin!

:P

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#83    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,891 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Prosecute for what?

You indicated they should be restricted from obtaining office or entering public service such as the police.
You have also indicated that their right to privacy should be ignored.

And again, you seem oddly focused on homosexuals, why is that?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#84    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

BAD VERNEPH!!!

Double godwin!

:P

Nibs

Well triple if you want to count my Stalin's Soviet Union comparison.  I'm sorry, but it's getting hard not to at this point!   ;)

#85    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,292 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

View PostVerneph, on 05 October 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

Well triple if you want to count my Stalin's Soviet Union comparison.  I'm sorry, but it's getting hard not to at this point!   ;)

I wasn't sure if posting Stalin counted as a Godwin or another law.

:D

Nibs

#86    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

But your statement above (first quote) doesn't indicate this stance.  Your quote indicates that you feel all homosexuals should be screened if applying for jobs that would put them in any type of authority over hetrosexuals.

So my question was if a black, Jewish, gay, orphaned, man can be automatically disqualified because of what he is or if the disqualification MUST be based on actions in his life?

Nibs

Screen means to assess and find those that would be unprofessional like a sifting exercise.

Screen does not mean all and I said nothing about homosexuals being prevented from being in charge of hetrosexuals. I dont even know where you got that one from.

The man would have to go through a screening process where those investigating his rightness for a job would look for any conflicts of interest. If they find any then no he shouldnt get the position of Judge or Policeman. There will be plenty of people who are black, Jewish, gay and orphaned who would pass the screening process. Likewise there will be many white, protestant, hetrosexuals that who would fail.

It all depends on conflicts of interest and the reality of the situation is that due to lifes events some types of people will have a higher percentage that would be unprofessional. It isnt right or fair but fact.

#87    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 05 October 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

And again, you seem oddly focused on homosexuals, why is that?

Isnt it the topic?

#88    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,292 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

Screen means to assess and find those that would be unprofessional like a sifting exercise.

Screen does not mean all and I said nothing about homosexuals being prevented from being in charge of hetrosexuals. I dont even know where you got that one from.

The man would have to go through a screening process where those investigating his rightness for a job would look for any conflicts of interest. If they find any then no he shouldnt get the position of Judge or Policeman. There will be plenty of people who are black, Jewish, gay and orphaned who would pass the screening process. Likewise there will be many white, protestant, hetrosexuals that who would fail.

It all depends on conflicts of interest and the reality of the situation is that due to lifes events some types of people will have a higher percentage that would be unprofessional. It isnt right or fair but fact.

I got it from the post I quoted.  

So, if the black, Jewish, gay, orphaned man led a law abiding life he would be ok to judge the woman?

Nibs

#89    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,891 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

Isnt it the topic?
Address the rest please. You seem to be ignoring this:

You indicated they should be restricted from obtaining office or entering public service such as the police.
You have also indicated that their right to privacy should be ignored.

The topic of the OP is that homosexuals marked with the crime of being homosexuals are having prosecuitions for the crime of being homosexuals expunged.
You are stating that we need to put them on a register and invade their personal life due to them being homosexual.

-Terry Pratchett

#90    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

I got it from the post I quoted.  

So, if the black, Jewish, gay, orphaned man led a law abiding life he would be ok to judge the woman?

Nibs

My post did not include homosexuals being banned from being in charge of hetrosexuals.

If any man is law abiding and can execute his job professionally without letting conflicts of interest get in the way then he should get the position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users