Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Police Hunting Amish Haircutting Gang

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,008 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

www.heraldsun.com.au said:

A GROUP of Amish men is being investigated for allegedly breaking into Ohio family homes and chopping their victims' hair and beards off, The Wheeling Intelligencer reports.Posted Image Read more...
Yes, I know it's funny, but seriously folks they're terrorising families by breaking into homes in a gang of 20 or more and one victim mentioned is a young girl who had her hair cut off, how odd :hmm: and just plain rotten.

Edited by libstaK, 07 October 2011 - 12:31 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,850 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

This sounds like it's some kind of religious punishment (or terrorism). I know in the Amish religion women never cut their hair, which is why it's always wrapped up in a bun and under a bonnet. The men grow beards to signify that they are married and never shave them off again. That is rotten.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#3    SurviVal

SurviVal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi there,

New member, first post and isn't it a weird one! Anyway just my tuppence worth. The article says:

"The group refers to itself as part of the Bergholz clan, a nearby Amish community led by bishop Sam Mullet..."

Could it be that it is in fact a rival group who want to get the Bergholz clan into stook?

#4    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

View PostSurviVal, on 07 October 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

Hi there,

New member, first post and isn't it a weird one! Anyway just my tuppence worth. The article says:

"The group refers to itself as part of the Bergholz clan, a nearby Amish community led by bishop Sam Mullet..."

Could it be that it is in fact a rival group who want to get the Bergholz clan into stook?
I've never seen an Amish bloke with a mullet.............. I'll get my coat  :yes:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#5    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 October 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

Yes, I know it's funny, but seriously folks they're terrorising families by breaking into homes in a gang of 20 or more and one victim mentioned is a young girl who had her hair cut off, how odd :hmm: and just plain rotten.

My, my. What is the world coming to. The peaceful Amish are now running in gangs. Well, at least they don't have guns, just shears,LOL. I am sorry but  this is so surreal that it is funny as heck to me, LOL :P

Robbie James

#6    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,008 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

No apologies necessary Robbie, my first reaction was to laugh my head off too.:P

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 October 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

No apologies necessary Robbie, my first reaction was to laugh my head off too.:P

Tis funny--I don't care who you are--Is what Larry the Cable Guy would say, LOL.

Robbie James

#8    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Well I know that if they were to break into my home they would be shot to death right quick ,fast and in a hurry,I dont care who they are,I'm glad I live in Texas though and I havent seen any Amish people over here,I heard they are good Barn raisers and carpenters.Also I'm glad I'm not Amish.

Edited by The Unseen, 08 October 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#9    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

View Postsusieice, on 07 October 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

This sounds like it's some kind of religious punishment (or terrorism). I know in the Amish religion women never cut their hair, which is why it's always wrapped up in a bun and under a bonnet. The men grow beards to signify that they are married and never shave them off again. That is rotten.

Amish religious terrorists cut peoples hair off?

Perhaps the girl decided to show her Amish friend her Ipod lol

#10    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

View Postsusieice, on 07 October 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

Do you mind if I ask what happens if its a hairy Amish woman. Does she get to shave her moustache and beard?

#11    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,850 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 08 October 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

Amish religious terrorists cut peoples hair off?

Perhaps the girl decided to show her Amish friend her Ipod lol
Maybe you should read the article. They aren't attacking the general public. They are attacking other Amish people. I stated a fact about how the Amish religion views a woman's hair and a man's beard. These acts seem to be geared to that.

View PostChimpanzee, on 08 October 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Do you mind if I ask what happens if its a hairy Amish woman. Does she get to shave her moustache and beard?
If she needs to, I would suppose so.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#12    undertheflow

undertheflow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

• To have little is to possess.
    To have plenty is to be perplexed.
    --Lao Tzu

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

Maybe now people will take me seriously when I tell them about the Buddhist fingernail painters that have been following me.  Can I take the straight jacket off?

Humor aside, I always viewed the Amish as peaceful people, it is horrible that some would do such a thing.

#13    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

View Postundertheflow, on 08 October 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

Maybe now people will take me seriously when I tell them about the Buddhist fingernail painters that have been following me.  Can I take the straight jacket off?

Humor aside, I always viewed the Amish as peaceful people, it is horrible that some would do such a thing.

Does it count as religious motivated oppression?

#14    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,850 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

View Postundertheflow, on 08 October 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

I always thought only JWs and Mormons followed people around.  :lol:
Seriously though, these are attacks against Amish religious creeds that they take very seriously.

#15    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

For those victims, it must be hair-raising.... *cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users